IT.COM

poll What’s the next break-out TLD?

NameSilo
Watch

Which TLD will break out next?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • .xyz

votes
    22.0%
  • .gg

votes
    10.0%
  • .cc

votes
    22.0%
  • .cx

votes
    4.0%
  • .us

votes
    20.0%
  • Other

votes
    34.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

DotEverything

Upgraded Member
Impact
What’s the next break-out TLD? Why?

How about all of the others?
.icu
.pizza
.directory
.ai

Which is your Favorite? Is there one dislike?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.xyz is soaring because it was cheap registration, and cheap renewal fee. So many .xyz domains are developed by small end users. This is becoming interisting to Big Companies, when seeing .xyz actually worked well in internet. Google also make algorithm that make .xyz well indexed, because it used by alot of people.

.co, .io, .ai was marketed well but the price are very high. The renewal cost also very high, so they are consider premium domains for small part of Startups.

.us is cheap, renewal fee is also cheap. But geo limited. Google search has algorithm that make .us only for US search. So .us is limited for US business or domain hack.

Might be .cc, .one, .vip can be the next tlds those are largerly adopted like .xyz. The sign is already seeing, as Chinese Internet prefers to use them, like .xyz 6 years ago.
Where have you read that google makes certain algorithms for certain domain extensions?

Reading your post I don’t think you know how google works…

Last edited:
•••
•••
Where have you read that google makes certain algorithms for certain domain extensions?

Reading your post I don’t think you know how google works…

This is interesting. When I was working in Hotel, I used .xyz and .club for marketing. The result .xyz is better indexed by Google. Even Google promise will treat NGTLDs the same.

But statistic shows that what I think might be right. .xyz is better ranked in Google search than .club

https://w3techs.com/technologies/comparison/tld-club-,tld-xyz-

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back