IT.COM

discuss What's the biggest help you have received from domaining buddies?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
In your domaining journey so far, what has been the biggest help that you have received from anyone so far, that has impacted your journey?
For me, it has been a free pass to a domaining conference by the conference organizers, which undoubtedly was a life-changing event for me. At the conference, I met some of the prominent domain name investors and became a part of some of the good and successful domaining groups which helped me plan my domaining journey better.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Being part of this community. The information provided by prominent members (or otherwise helpful members), along with the "cyber social" aspect...for me its enjoyable. I consider that an impact, in its own little way. IMO

Last edited:
•••
This holds true for here but also other places too- the best help I have gotten from others besides all the basics is on the speculating on words in the future tech space. Hitting a trend early and fast has been sometimes due to shared info by others.

•••
Some people pointed out to me there's an 'ignore user' function which has been liberating.

I would advise newbies to make use of this forum functionality and block a certain someone to avoid wasting your time. Instead, follow people like @twiki .

Do some research. Read a lot. There are plenty of kind hearted people willing to let you in on some of their hard earned knowledge. Many won't mind you picking their brain as long as you're courteous and treat them with respect.

Engage with your 'adversaries'. From an investment pov. Don't let yourself suffer from tunnel vision as there's a whole world of opportunity out there if you pick the right 'mentors'.

•••
For me, it has been a free pass to a domaining conference by the conference organizers, which undoubtedly was a life-changing event for me. At the conference, I met some of the prominent domain name investors

That's quite abstract. Pun intended. What conference, and who was attending that impacted your journey?

•••
This holds true for here but also other places too- the best help I have gotten from others besides all the basics is on the speculating on words in the future tech space. Hitting a trend early and fast has been sometimes due to shared info by others.
I think this is good. Imagining that info in context of the meta keyword or VR keyword, 10 good names and you are sorted.

•••
A polite tap on shoulder helped but a sledge hammer may help if polite taps on shoulder have no effect.

Last edited:
•••
•••
@johnn ’s wife changed a tire for me once on the interstate. 😁

Ok, ok that isn't true. She came out and pretended to be a passenger so AAA would do it.

Alright, it didn't happen at all, but I'm sure if I called she would have. That's just how domaining buddies roll.
😆

Last edited:
•••
Any other help that you received from your buddies?

•••
I have adsense and alot wwwgoogle traffic domains

Old schoolers used to frequent here since early 2000 (me 1999) now retired fr cayman.. they made it from paid parking ppc

Wwwdomains = traffic tomorrows for yesterday's work

Dreamt wwwcsdn.net worth millions ??

•••
Reading about the experiences of older domainers has helped me a lot. Mistakes to avoid, trends to follow, and sales report which motivates me to keep working hard is as a result of the experienced folks on this forum.

•••
I made alot sales last 23 years but its only 1 and done w`o alternative outcomes (except traffic domains)

= RENEWAL COSTS
(Nfts 0 instead)

Last edited:
•••
Honestly, being here helped me. I learned a lot of new useful info.

•••
When I was 13~14 years old (back in 1999 or so), someone(an Internet pal who I didn't meet him in person that time) lend me $1,000 USD as my starting fund for domain investment(who is also the guy who taught me domaining when I was just a teenager), I used that money for domain flipping and turned it into more than a million dollars in the following 23 years...

Last edited:
•••
I think it is the nuggets of obvious wisdom, but so easy to overlook, that I have truly appreciated. Things like, ask yourself if this is best use of your money, try to talk yourself out of acquisitions, etc.

Also, as someone else mentioned, the opportunity to discuss and debate ideas helps to clarify thinking and views.

Lots of tiny practical things, from promotions to tips on doing things.

Mainly though, the sense of community as without a place like NamePros domain investing would feel way too solitary.

Thanks for interesting topic, @abstractdomainer .

Bob

•••
Domain Sherpa (y)

Last edited:
•••
When I was 13~14 years old (back in 1999 or so), someone(an Internet pal who I didn't meet him in person that time) lend me $1,000 USD as my starting fund for domain investment(who is also the guy who taught me domaining when I was just a teenager), I used that money for domain flipping and turned it into more than a million dollars in the following 23 years...
Wow! Such a nice guy.

Did you ever pay it forward?

•••
Wow! Such a nice guy.

Did you ever pay it forward?
Also, did they ever pay it back?!:xf.wink:

And your point is well taken. True greatness comes not from someone merely taking the profits. Taking those funds and paying it forward in very special ways, becomes a powerful vector for positive change in this world.

•••
Also, did they ever pay it back?!:xf.wink:

And your point is well taken. True greatness comes not from someone merely taking the profits. Taking those funds and paying it forward in very special ways, becomes a powerful vector for positive change in this world.
Yeah, you're right. That's what make the world go round. Life would be definitely easier if we have a lot of these kind of people around.

He'd definitely paid back. ☺️

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back