IT.COM

domains What's in a name? Peter Dunham plans to find out

NameSilo
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
It was while traveling the country for the Design Social pop-ups in Nashville and New Orleans last fall that Dunham recognized that while his own name (peterdunham.com), fortified by a career in the spotlight and the robust sales of Peter Dunham Textiles (peterdunhamtextiles.com), had wide recognition, the Hollywood at Home (HollywoodatHome.com) moniker was not well-known outside of Los Angeles.

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 01.40.06.png

With plans to expand his furniture line into indoor pieces and distribute it outside of his West Hollywood showroom -perhaps even as soon as the fourth quarter of this year -Dunham and company creative director Orli Ben-Dor felt the time was ripe for a name change.

read more (businessofhome)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't know Peter Dunham from scratch :) But I agree that Peter Dunham Home is a much better branding option than Hollywood at Home. He caches the quality and reputation of his Peter Dunham Textiles over to Peter Dunham Home. It's a good plan. If it was me. I'd use the same website PeterDunham.com for both. I don't think he really crushes any fears about diversification outside of Textiles. Visitors and Customers would still get used to the 2 related verticals being on the same domain name. In the same way people get used to shop at Amazon for everything. They don't expect to go to AmazonAutos.com and AmazonHome.com. For example. But that's just me. He might personally prefer PeterDunhamTextiles.com and PeterDunhamHome.com. That would separate the two lines. If that is what he really wants to do. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't do that.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back