Dynadot

advice What's happening with this expired domain ?

NameSilo
Watch

crowned

Impact
There is a domain I would like to buy, let's say LLLLL.com (not the real name) and had been in contact with the owner until last month. I had emailed a domainsbyproxy email, which was the contact address listed in WHOIS. I was having a back and forth with the owner until...

Last month, when the domain expired. Now the contact email has the privacyprotect domain.

Does this mean that it's in the expiration grace period, and that it will go up for auction ?

Should I contact that email, or will I be able to find the auction / be able to snipe it somehow ?

Any advice much appreciated ! Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some domain owners just love last hour renewals. Especially when they have an ongoing negotiation, to tease their prospects. Not ruling out the chance for drop, though.

You should still be able to contact the owner via the email address (s)he used to respond to you.

•••
Some domain owners just love last hour renewals. Especially when they have an ongoing negotiation, to tease their prospects. Not ruling out the chance for drop, though.

You should still be able to contact the owner via the email address (s)he used to respond to you.

Thanks for the response, Don.

Emails to the old address have bounced back, strangely enough.

If it is being protected by privacyprotect now, do you know the best backordering service to use ? (or if they are even worth it...) Thanks !

•••
At epik the dropcatch service is 8.49 per name. A very good price but I cant speak to the effectiveness vs someone else...not a lot of money to spend, plus it refunds if you do not get the name.

•••
do you know the best backordering service to use ?
Dropcatch.com is usually the best, if you feel that the name is worth paying for this service.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back