Dynadot

advice What’s happened to my domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Blueforever

Established Member
Impact
Yesterday (November 18th) I received an email from namesilo that my domain name (TokenizeEverything.com) was to be transferred out to another registrar, there was also an option to cancel if i follow the URL which I quickly did.
IMG_1695-e1574160539894.jpg

I logged into my account to find the name missing. I spoke to support who had said that ‘When you cancelled the transfer it was deactivated’ although they reinstated the name to my account which I can see is there and thought that was the end of it.
A few hours later I check the domain to find it has a different landing page. Wtf!
Go to Whois to find it’s under a network solutions registry owned by a guy named David shoop jr. Fb profile https://m.facebook.com/DavidShoopJr
image0-e1574160803498.jpeg

I log into my namesilo account, and there it is. The name is still in my account.

Screenshot-2019-11-19-at-08.20.14.png

I try to make changes, nameservers, make Whois private, but none of it works. It’s like the domain is only there in text but it’s not in my account as I have no control on it, if that makes sense.
I spoke to namesilo, they have given me no answers except their IT people are looking into it.
Now I see this guy has added a WordPress site to my domain name. Whats odd, is when looking at the login history, there is no unusual login to my account.
Any thoughts on what is going on? Has my name been stolen? If it has why show your full name on Whois? Or is this a glitch on namesilos end?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What!!!? looks like some kind of fraud...

•••
Was the name sold on Afternic ?
You should have received an email about it..
The transfer was approved directly, Except if someone gained access to your Namesilo account/email, I don't see how the transfer was approved.

Gube

•••
This is very strange!! was the domain locked before transfer? did you share the auth code with anyone?

I think this was one of past owners of the domain with poession of the auth code, and maybe you forgot to lock your domain!

•••
Was the name sold on Afternic ?
You should have received an email about it..
The transfer was approved directly, Except if someone gained access to your Namesilo account/email, I don't see how the transfer was approved.

Nope, the name wasnt for sale at Afternic, the only email i recieved was the namesilo one saying the name is about to be transferred out, which i cancelled straight away. The whole thing is odd

Gube
What!!!? looks like some kind of fraud...
Its crazy. I just hope i can get my name back. Was thinking of contacting this David shoop guy

•••
This is very strange!! was the domain locked before transfer? did you share the auth code with anyone?

I think this was one of past owners of the domain with poession of the auth code, and maybe you forgot to lock your domain!
Yep, domain was locked. And the was no auth code. This is why im confused about the whole thing and think there was some sort of glitch on namesilos end. Was weird that the name went out of my account, then back in.

•••
Nope, the name wasnt for sale at Afternic, the only email i recieved was the namesilo one saying the name is about to be transferred out, which i cancelled straight away. The whole thing is odd
@namesilo should be able to help
Check your logs to see if the transfer was approved
Also, Change your password for both your Namesilo account and your email account (to be sure)
If the domain wasn't on Afternic nor Sedo, someone gained access to your account and
- Unlocked the name
- Took the auth code to a new registrar
- Approved the transfer from Namesilo

•••
•••
Was the name listed on Sedo or Afternic with fast transfer?

•••
Is the email sender really from the official site namesilo?

•••
Was the name listed on Sedo or Afternic with fast transfer?
No it wasnt on Sedo or Afternic, i only had a uniregistry landing page.

•••
Maybe I missed it but as someone else asked is it possible you had approved rapid transfer with Sedo or Afternic and it sold but you did not get the message? I hope it gets resolved.
Bob

•••
Maybe I missed it but as someone else asked is it possible you had approved rapid transfer with Sedo or Afternic and it sold but you did not get the message? I hope it gets resolved.
Bob
Thanks Bob, no the name was not listed with Sedo or Afternic, only had a uniregistry make offer page. Unless is was listed from the previous owner.

•••
Unless is was listed from the previous owner.

That is a possibilty maybe it was listed before and not removed, try to find out ask Namesilo support they should have an answer.

Last edited:
•••
It appears the new owner of the .COM, owned the .NET before that.

I feel like this had to have been sold via some venue. That is my guess with what happened.

As far as the domain still being listed in your NameSilo account, that is a ghost record.
It is bad that the registrar doesn't know which actual domains it is holding.

The WHOIS record can verify it is currently @ Network Solutions.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Was the domain near expiry before you lose it? the backorder listing at snapnames suggest that the domain was about to expire

Last edited:
•••
Either you were hacked or it was sold through SEDO/Afternic fast-transfer, I know you haven't listed it there, but maybe the previous owner did and it still took it? either way it looks really weird

•••
Was the domain near expiry before you lose it? the backorder listing at snapnames suggest that the domain was about to expire

Maybe that is the case. On DomainIQ I see a record on 11/2/2019 that shows

Registrar URL: http://www.namesilo.com
Updated Date: 2018-11-02T03:11:09Z
Creation Date: 2018-11-01T21:29:18Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-11-01T21:29:18Z

•••
The name auto-renewed on 1st of november.
From what Bob showed, im thinking it was listed from the previous owner on snapnames, and never removed. This guy purchased it and namesilo just transferred out.

•••
So the .com, .org, .net and .info of same name are all registered to same person, it seems (and at Network Solutions) Is that you? That is do you have others?

•••
So the .com, .org, .net and .info of same name are all registered to same person, it seems (and at Network Solutions) Is that you? That is do you have others?
I only had the .com at namesilo.

•••
When I went to DomainIQ (which I am not yet good with - maybe @bmugford could please check?) it seemed to show me that the .com is now owned by the same registrant as the other ones, and that is a place in Texas. I just realized you are in UK? The strange thing is the other record does show the NameSilo, so I wonder if I am reading it wrong (have only begun to use DomainIQ).

Bob

ps DomainTools show it as 383 days old though so it did not expire without renewal.

Last edited:
•••
I also see that the .com of your name is currently listed on DAN as a Make Offer by a user who has about 120 other names listed on there. The person has been on DAN since 2017 so not an account just created to quickly flip.

The other ones (.net, .info, .org) were just created in this summer.

Fingers crossed this has a happy ending somehow for you.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Back