Domain Empire

advice My domain disappeared [Updated]

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

maya-zir

Top Member
Impact
Hi, very strange thing.
I bought a domain and I am sure I saw it on my GD account and because of that I confirmed to the seller the success push.
It was 2 weeks ago.
Today I entered my GD account and I have there only 20 domains so I paid attention that the domain was desappeared.
I check my conversation with the seller and I was right it was GD push and my answer with confirmation.
But the domain wast at my GD.
The WHOIS tells the owner is some chiness and showed the reg date as 28 of Sept 2015 and this is the correct date, but I bought it and it was mine!
I dont understand, I sent massage to the seller but still have no answer.
What can it be?
The seller is from here and I dont thing he is scammer, but how the domain could came out my GD without any alert massage from GD?
I have activated 2Factor security or what ever does it name.
But this the fact, WHOIS says a chiness name and the domain is not at my GD account.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Well, he was very nice guy. Just sold you the domain name wrong. Should have been one extra 8 :)

•••
exactly what i tried to tell before.. it's about the 10N, just send him an email @mayazir (you can find it in the whois of the 10N)

•••
•••
I dont see not 10n not 9n

•••
because the push failed due to your non-action, so just contact him to send the domain to you again.. there is no chinese involved at all and this 10N has NOT be resold to anyone else, just gone back to your seller and it is still with him..

•••
I sent him PM yesterday and still no answer, I dont tell he is a scammer, I dont think so, I only want to know what happened, thats all.
It was only $20 but I dont want the same problem with more domains.

•••
The seller follows through. Just seems a busy guy and new to GD. I'm sure your he will re-push. He might not even realize what you are talking about. It will be fine I'm sure.

•••
sigh... his email is [email protected] (according to Whois)

now it would be in your own best interest to send him an email if he doesn't react to your PM.. at least no need to panic or escalate as this domain has not been resold at all.. i am out of here now since this case is glass clear.. good luck

•••
I am not in panic, it was only $20, but I was afraid and had to recheck all my domains to be sure I still have all of them.
I opened this thread to ask advice and had no idea what could happened, thats all.

•••
Thanks @GravityEleven, you right, we didnt pay attention and sure it was 10n not 9n, but I was so busy rechecking all my domains WHOIS that I didnt think about 10n mistake.

•••
I didnt email him, only sent PM from here, anyway I have also his PayPal account email.
If he will not appear soon I email him there.
At least I know now that it was not GD security bug or something like that,

•••
No, dgeorge is me. He obviously didn't update the contact info.

•••
Anyway I asked @Joe Styler to help, I hope he will find the answer.
Or maybe the seller will appear until then.

•••
I always keep notepad with all the domains I've purchased and cross them off one by one when I see them in my GD account.

Once or twice a year they don't always clear and then I contact GD for a refund :)

•••
Recently I noticed about 100 emails deleted from my email account, May have done it myself, Crazier things have happened. Anyhow since I had all the Incoming emails forward a copy to an email account elsewhere nothing was lost. Just mentioning this because I think it's a good idea that people back up their emails in such a way because you never know what can happen.

•••
Did you buy it at GD auction?

•••
•••
I always keep notepad with all the domains I've purchased and cross them off one by one when I see them in my GD account.

Good idea! What makes keeping track of GD expired domain purchases a whole lot more difficult now, is the recent GD "upgrade" to various interfaces. Previously when I went to Order History in my GD account, I could bring up any invoice and it would show the name of the expired domain purchased.

Now only the new regs and renewal invoices show the domain name. Any invoices for expired domain names purchases are just the $$ amount and no name. What a nightmare come accounting and tax time, let alone keeping track of refunds etc. The GD emails are now the only proper record. I did contact Joe Styler at GD and he said he would forward the issue to the developers, but essentially "no-on else had noticed this…"

•••
Good idea! What makes keeping track of GD expired domain purchases a whole lot more difficult now, is the recent GD "upgrade" to various interfaces. Previously when I went to Order History in my GD account, I could bring up any invoice and it would show the name of the expired domain purchased.

Now only the new regs and renewal invoices show the domain name. Any invoices for expired domain names purchases are just the $$ amount and no name. What a nightmare come accounting and tax time, let alone keeping track of refunds etc. The GD emails are now the only proper record. I did contact Joe Styler at GD and he said he would forward the issue to the developers, but essentially "no-on else had noticed this…"

Automated systems are good as they make GD's job a lot easier. But they can fail...

I purchased 2 domains from a private auction seller on GD and because the seller's WHOIS details was not in normal English characters the process failed to automatically transfer the 2 domains over to my GD account. If I didn't have my notepad and because I buy so many domains I'd of forgot all about them.

I contacted GD support, I emailed the seller a few times, GD tried to contact the seller but no joy. In the end I got my refund because of my notepad :)

Shame though as I really wanted these domains :-/

A good thing I'd like to mention is that GD doesn't pay the auction seller anything before they do the domain transfer!

•••
sigh... his email is [email protected] (according to Whois)

If all else fails, I'd buy an email bomb for $10 off Darknet, AlphaBay has the best, and put the end to his using that email again. You won't get your money, but he will share in the hassle of the whole deal.

•••
Wait, wait, I dont think the seller is a scammer, I have no idea why he doesnt answer, but it doesnt look like scam, I suppose I just forgot to acept the domain, I was driving when had his message and maybe I forgot to check the push.
I just was afraid of domain desappearing from my account with 2F activated.
And this is not his email.
At least I paid him to different email.
But the most important thing is that @Joe Styler told the domain never have entered my GD account, so it wasnt stolen.
The problem was that the seller typed wrong the domain, it was 10n not 9n and the second mistake seems to be mine, I forgot acept the push.
So, only need to contact somehow the seller and talk.

•••
If you haven't done this already, first thing I would do is to change my godaddy password, and also set up a secondary (if you don't have this already)
I have had over $100,000 in domain names stolen form me from GD, and it's VERY difficult to return them. Possible, but extremely difficult.

•••
I just read through this fast ,you dont mention that you called godaddy once ,unless I missed it
Just call them .

•••
I asked @Joe Styler
He told the domain never was at my GD
So I just forgot to acept it

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back