NameSilo

What's going on with Epik and Rob Monster?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
I'm catching the tail end of this, seems to be some kind of controversy...

https://domaingang.com/domain-news/rob-monster-off-twitter-after-christchurch-massacre-controversy/

Must be something odd to evoke this type of a response from one of our members.

Picture0016.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The comment I made was not a forecast. I was simply stating that there was a greater chance of the eye making its way to Miami then it going out to sea. It was a statement about relative probability. Re-read the post and you will see it.

As for the future trajectory of the eye of the storm, t I think you are premature to call all-clear for Florida The latest move suggested the eye did move south by 0.1 degrees which is around 13 miles. That might seem implausible but take it up with NOAA:

Show attachment 128222

The big question is whether this is an eyewall replacement cycle as the eye of the storm moves into deeper water, away from the shallow waters north of Grand Bahama:

Show attachment 128224

As far as I know, very few people in Florida have built their coastal homes like this guy did with hurricane proof windows and with a structure elevated on poles that were set in bedrock. He is live-blogging while looking out at a 25 foot storm surge:

So, if that is what is less than 100 miles away from West Palm Beach, I support it would be reasonable to pay attention to it. Yes?

Those NOAA stats you posted are figured into the Storm Tracker link I posted - https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/severeweather/hurricanes?hurricane=2019-dorian

What you see there is the same stuff I see in other hurricane tracking apps, they're using the official numbers. That left line, last night was about halfway in Florida, now it's moved right almost off land, so that's going in the right direction.

I just watch that link and check the official tweets from time to time - https://twitter.com/NHC_Atlantic?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

There should be a big update at 11PM, and that map has it at 1 AM turning up. So we'll have a pretty good idea in a few hours. Right now it looks like it's going West, that would be bad if it continued that way.

Not one projection has the eye making landfall. West Palm Beach is clearly out of the cone, just some wind and rain. Floridians joke about this type of stuff. I'm sure coastal areas are more concerned. But if it stays on the projected path, Florida dodged one.

West Palm Beach, looks like 2-6 inches:

EDfxpRyUwAAuH7q

Slow moving, people are joking at how slow it is.

69623411_2904793322868112_7990629338145882112_n.jpg

Last edited:
•••
@NamePros

@Eric Lyon

Should we create a new thread and move some of the recent posts to it? Seems to be way off topic here. Would be great to have a thread dedicated to disaster relief.

Last edited:
•••
•••
More of the same, they just updated - https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCDAT5+shtml/030252.shtml

Now just waiting on the track update, should be in a couple of hours. Last update was 4pm, next one is at 1 am.

Got me reading my hurricane posts from 2 years ago - https://www.namepros.com/threads/th...ou-get-the-idea.761952/page-2029#post-6348916

I would say in the last 10 years, only 1 bothered me and I'm living in the middle, not the coast. Irma from 2 years ago. 75% of Florida was without power, curfew of 6pm. I lost power for about a day, I was lucky, some were without power for weeks in 90+ degree heat and humidity. You could hear the hum of the generators, so many transformers were popping turning the sky blue. Online, you could tell the heat was really getting to people, tempers flaring. Got the bands, then it turned last few hours, got the eye, right when I usually go to bed. So didn't sleep, woke up to crap everywhere, lots of cleanup. Piles of debris for weeks. Felt like the house was going to implode, loud as hell but the only damage was loose pool door handles, just tightened them with a screwdriver. House is solid, hurricane proof windows up to 140mph. So not worried about wind damage or water damage, just the power going out is annoying.

Last edited:
•••
@NamePros

@Eric Lyon

Should we create a new thread and move some of the recent posts to it? Seems to be way off topic here. Would be great to have a thread dedicated to disaster relief.
C'mon man! Why are you so concerned about this thread, the contents and subjects? Why are you wanting posts moved etc.?

This is one of the coolest threads around. Where else can one discuss just about anything with a domain registrar?

Last edited:
•••
Where else can one discuss just about anything with a domain registrar.

You want to discuss the most recent hurricane with a registrar? Really?

You have no idea how many people are watching and reading this thread. If it were not for Epik and Rob Monster they would be participating. Wouldn't that be amazing?

•••
From what I understand slow moving hurricanes can cause a lot more damage in the way of flooding, perhaps they should indicate how slow the hurricane is moving as part of the category that it belongs to like:

Cat 5-2

where 5 indicates the wind speed and 2 indicates how slow the hurricane is moving.

In this scale a Cat 5-1 will probably be considered to be the worst one.

•••
You want to discuss the most recent hurricane with a registrar? Really?

You have no idea how many people are watching and reading this thread. If it were not for Epik and Rob Monster they would be participating. Wouldn't that be amazing?
Dude if you can't appreciate the coolness of this thread, I can't help you bro. Just move along and stay in yo lane if you no like. Cheers bro!

•••
Last edited:
•••
And it's posts like these below that made me leave for a while!

The CEO of a major domain registrar takes the time out of his busy days to come to NamePros and do things like offer major discounts on registrations and renewals, buys domain names for EPIK projects from NamePros members, delivers personalized customer service to current EPIK customers, discusses current EPIK projects and future EPIK projects all designed to help domain investors, answers questions and accusations from any and all trolls, some of whom are competitors, at a thread called, "What's going on with EPIK and Rob Monster"and then complain about him, call him names, mock him and criticize him!
How about if you guys go back to the Everyone Welcome's Thread and The Political Thread and spread your hate and propaganda if you don't like what's being discussed here! Thanks!

I guess you have never heard of PR

looks like you are a little "naive" to me

•••
While we were so concerned about the destruction and loss of life in the East coast due to the hurricane, it appears that over 30 people are missing in a boat explosion and are feared dead in the West coast. This was a scuba diving ship with experienced people aboard, but the explosion happened at 3:00 am when everyone was sleep below deck. The captain and crew who were on deck were able to jump off and escape, but it appears that those below deck didn't have enough time to escape. The cause of the explosion is not known, but the fact that it engulfed the whole boat instantly makes me think that it might have had something to do with oxygen saturation below deck from malfunctioning oxygen tanks or machines. The boat has since become completely submerged.

Pray for the injured and hope for a Miracle that some of the missing might still be alive. Not a good way for the families to end the Labor day weekend.

that sure is a tragedy

but I have no clue,
why you think you should post it here

•••
C'mon man! Why are you so concerned about this thread, the contents and subjects? Why are you wanting posts moved etc.?

This is one of the coolest threads around. Where else can one discuss just about anything with a domain registrar?

these discussions have nothing to do with Rob running a "registar" business

and what is cool about talking to a "domain registrar"
- in fact an about 50-year-old man with strange world views????????

I mean what has the fact that he intensively promotes his business here
to do with "cool" ???

you can talk to Elon Musk at twitter,
that's what I call "cool".

-even with Trump if you like to.

Last edited:
•••
that sure is a tragedy

but I have no clue,
why you think you should post it here

Out of concern and compassion, and the fact that we were discussing the different natural and manmade catastrophic events that were all happening this weekend here.

•••
Out of concern and compassion, and the fact that we were discussing the different natural and manmade catastrophic events that were all happening this weekend here.

How about the most recent mass shooting?

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••

Well the mass shooting happened in Texas right where I live right after Rob made that post.

With all due respect you all need to bring any issues that you might have with the different topics that are being discussed here with the moderators and the admin, if they have no objection to what is of interest to some of the members here and want to allow these discussions to continue (in a constructive and civilized manner, without personal attacks on anyone) then it wouldn’t be right for one member to want to force his/her will on everyone else here. IMO

Last edited:
•••
Well the mass shooting happened in Texas right where I live right after Rob made that post.

Clearly Rob thinks a society needs automatic weapons to be well governed. Epik.com supports automatic weapons.

“You live by the sword. You die by the sword.”

This is not a Christian view. The opposite in fact.

•••
Clearly Rob thinks a society needs automatic weapons to be well governed. Epik.com supports automatic weapons.

“You live by the sword. You die by the sword.”

This is not a Christian view. The opposite in fact.

My views might differ from Rob on guns, but you can't just fix the gun issue by itself, you have to address all the other ills and problems that the humanity and the environment have at the same time. IMO

Please read some of my previous posts on this issue.

Last edited:
•••
My views might differ from Rob on guns, but you can't just fix the gun issue by itself, you have to address all the other ills and problems that the humanity and the environment have at the same time. IMO

Please read some of my previous posts on this issue.

clearly that's how you will never fix the "gun problem"
when you first have to solve all those other problems

•••
Dude if you can't appreciate the coolness of this thread, I can't help you bro. Just move along and stay in yo lane if you no like. Cheers bro!

NamePros is doing fine:

upload_2019-9-2_22-14-10.png

I think several of the recent "Mega Threads" are also winners. Why? It is frankly more of the same: Love Thy Neighbor. How so you ask?

- People are co-creating better solutions for the domain industry.

- People are cooperating and self-governing in new ways.

- People are gain-sharing, e.g. with domains at/below cost.

NamePros has always been a place where folks learn from each other. I certainly don't have all the answers but I promise authenticity in sharing what I know, regardless of whether or not it is profitable to do so.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back