Dynadot

What's going on with Epik and Rob Monster?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
I'm catching the tail end of this, seems to be some kind of controversy...

https://domaingang.com/domain-news/rob-monster-off-twitter-after-christchurch-massacre-controversy/

Must be something odd to evoke this type of a response from one of our members.

Picture0016.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Funny one.

Lots of people go to Burning Man, just like lots of people go to Vegas or strip clubs or whatever for a bit of fun and new perspective. It can be a good thing but it is good to know what you are engaging in, and to have some boundaries in place. I would say that generally since temptation is everywhere anyway.

After all, "all things are lawful but not all things edify" (see 1 Corinthians 10:23 for example). That said, I would have spiritual armor in place and would be prayed up. If it were me, I would choose to be salt and light. After all, "greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." (1 John 4:4).

I am personally not a big festival guy and my wife is not an RV girl so I don't see me going there anytime soon. Regardless, there are lots of stories on the web about people finding God at Burning Man. Just look it up and you will find many stories like this one:

http://godreports.com/2017/08/evangelist-at-burning-man-employs-unorthodox-approach/

Although it took me way too long to accept it, today, I am quite certain that Satan is real but Jesus Christ is Lord. I am also quite certain that some folks do have to find the former before they can accept the latter. I won't ever condemn them or think less of them. Why? Because their testimonies are often among the most powerful.

In fact, there are some folks here at NamePros who have seen the dark side on a scale that might blow your mind if they told their stories. I wish they would but that is for them to decide.

One of my greatest deliverance experiences was a few years ago when I was flying back from Europe. I was seated next to a young adult woman who had an extreme fear of flying. She was having a massive panic attack and the crew was debating whether to abort take-off and return to the gate.

As I was trying to calm her down, I saw that her hands were covered in occult runes and asked her about them. She said they were for luck. I knew otherwise. I offered to pray over her as the plane was coming to runway. I initially struggled to get the words out but ultimately managed to unleash some curse-breaking prayer.

Afterwards, I looked up and she had tears and said she had peace like a baby as we were on a steep incline lifting up off the runway. True story. We pretty much talked for the next 9 hours. Later on during the flight she let me take a photo of her hands:

144718_3865ff4bde2b8f94bc8a42c24888f28a.png

Her life-long fear of flying was conquered. She is now a fearless prayer and that experience is probably part of her own testimony.

So, let your light shine and fear nothing

That is an awesome story about the 'lady on the plane' and I truly appreciate you sharing it here.

Your point is well taken about the festival. I have been in places and situations far worse than I think burning man would be and I boldly 'let the light shine' and know of more than one time it made a difference in someones life.

I'll do a little checking and if the festival does not promote the 'dark arts' I will keep it on my list for now. Just trying to get a trip to the west coast filled with In-n-Out burgers along with seeing a few old friends organized and a festival stop would cap it off. If you ever have the urge to go there and do some witnessing, count me in!

•••
Deleted. What's the point. :banghead:

Last edited:
•••
The Epik engineers are cooking up the launch of the full version of TrustRatings.com. It is looking good, and is expected to go live next week with what I believe is a superior execution of the TrustPilot concept that is less vulnerable to being gamed and looks more holistically at the drivers of trust, i.e. not just a popularity contest.

I have first hand experience with how rating systems can be manipulated and gamed to the point of being weaponized and/or useless. Yelp, TrustPilot and Google Ratings among others all have this issue. The same technology that is used to prevent credit card fraud can be used to detect and ignore ballot stuffers.

Here is a preview on the staging server where the system is being tested:

upload_2019-8-27_9-15-2.png

Pretty much all sites will be in the database at launch, including NamePros.com. I just happened to spot check that one in the screen shot above.

Anyway, if this topic fascinates anyone, we would welcome some thoughtful beta testers in the coming week and will be happy to provide access before launch.

•••
Interesting Article in the Tech Press:

https://www.techrepublic.com/articl...oppable-domains-is-a-rehash-of-a-failed-idea/

They are shredding the Blockchain Unstoppable Domains concept. I actually agree. Blockchain is a technology. If the objective is resiliency, it is easier, and more practical to put resiliency rails around the existing DNS framework using naming conventions that people already understand.

That is the essence of Epik's Resiliant Domain initiative:

https://www.epik.com/resilient/

However for folks that do want to speculate on alternative name spaces, we are doing that too, including both operating entire registries based on "Alt Domains". You can see the growing inventory here:

https://registrar.epik.com/prices/registration/alt

They are really cheap but if they work, there will be some upside. Currently it requires installing and using the Anonymize VPN or Anonymize Secure DNS.

For questions about Alt Domains, contact @Taylor Ervin, @Sufyan Alani or me. We do have plans there but it is more wild west and nothing to do with ICANN.

•••
Procedurally, I do take issue with "sock puppet" accounts and may enlist the moderators to police this thread for brigading, notably by sock puppet accounts that may attempt to propagate a manufactured consensus. It is a standard tactic and I will happily expose it.

The only reason I can think of that @Rob Monster would cast the accusation of someone (me, in this case) to create "sock puppet" accounts, is that he (Rob) is doing this himself. This tactic never occurred to me before he mentioned it. However, looking at many of the recent threads and posts on Np I can see him using "sock puppet" accounts to promote his services.

TCK who openly advocates for shunning and condemnation, no different than an ANTIFA leftist.

I am still waiting for your apology for this accusation, Rob. Among others.

Last edited:
•••
New video on YouTube from the good folks at "The Fuel Project".

Update:

YouTube censored it but you can see it here:

https://video.watchmask.com/4Idagit84wg/

Serious question for guys like @Ghodeus who are wrestling with the idea of defining Acceptable Use Policies. Is this hate speech?

I say it is not. Why? Because the person who is presenting it apparently cares, at a heart level, for the well-being of the audience and because there is no threat of violence.

Last edited:
•••
Rob and his gaslighting tactics. :yawn:

•••
•••
Procedurally, I do take issue with "sock puppet" accounts and may enlist the moderators to police this thread for brigading, notably by sock puppet accounts that may attempt to propagate a manufactured consensus. It is a standard tactic and I will happily expose it.

The only reason I can think of that @Rob Monster would cast the accusation of someone (me, in this case) to create "sock puppet" accounts, is that he (Rob) is doing this himself. This tactic never occurred to me before he mentioned it. However, looking at many of the recent threads and posts on Np I can see him using "sock puppet" accounts to promote his services.

TCK who openly advocates for shunning and condemnation, no different than an ANTIFA leftist.

•••

Well, @TCK -- it seems rational people do think that posting a video about Trans people was not hate speech. So, if you felt gaslighted by it, I am sorry that it triggered you.

Here is the data in case you are interested:

upload_2019-8-28_21-23-31.png

Full link here: https://gab.com/epik/posts/102697147914761170

As for my accounts, I have only 2: @Rob Monster and @epik though I don't use the latter since my comments are my own, though I happen to be the CEO.

Epik does have many staff who visit NP now. I don't check it or edit their content. They are all have verified accounts and are empowered to speak their mind.

As for sock puppet accounts, yes, I am pretty sure that @DapperJane is your proxy. I have not asked for moderator intervention since it is all free speech.

Last edited:
•••
Well, @TCK -- it seems rational people do think that posting a video about Trans people was not hate speech. So, if you felt gaslighted by it, I am sorry that it triggered you.

Here is the data in case you are interested:

Show attachment 127711

Full link here

As for my accounts, I have only 2: @Rob Monster and @epik though I don't use the latter since my comments are my own, though I happen to be the CEO.

Epik does have many staff who visit NP now. I don't check it or edit their content. They are all have verified accounts and are empowered to speak their mind.

As for sock puppet accounts, yes, I am pretty sure that @DapperJane is your proxy. I have not asked for moderator intervention since it is all free speech.

No, I’m not tck, but do you have paid posting going on? It seems you have some of the same people posting in all Epik threads. Some of them even pretending not to know what an actual escrow is vs. a marketplace transaction.

•••
Now, from a business perspective, how many anti-liberal posts have you made in this thread alone? Do you think that inspires liberals to do business with you when

No, I’m not tck, but do you have paid posting going on? It seems you have some of the same people posting in all Epik threads. Some of them even pretending not to know what an actual escrow is vs. a marketplace transaction.

Thanks TCK.

I love liberals too. And they know it.

Regards,
Rob

•••

I recommend you ask a moderator for intervention. It would save you a lot of embarrassment.

I only have one account. I used to have 2 like you, but I asked @Eric Lyon to close the other account.

This is another example of your brazen hypocrisy and slander. I am pretty certain that you yourself employ the tactic of "sock puppet" accounts (and especially on Gab), that's why you are so quick to accuse others of this. Your paranoia is showing.

Last edited:
•••
I have not asked for moderator intervention since it is all free speech.

And you have asked in the past for moderators to remove some of my posts because they were not to your liking, even though they were on topic and true. So enough of your "free speech" BS.

Last edited:
•••
it seems rational people do think that posting a video about Trans people was not hate speech.

God loves all his children.

It' not what you are it’s what you do that might be considered wrong.

People who struggle with their gender identity must be helped and guided spiritually like any other person who has to deal with a serious issue in their life. In my opinion unless one’s born gender is causing any medical problems for a person it is best not to take a risk with making major changes in one's body that could result in physical complications or bring about unforeseen emotional and personality imbalances. The way that I see it instead of changing a person to adjust to the expectations of the society we need to change the society to accept everyone for whom they are and not to put undue pressure on anyone that doesn’t fit the mold. If the society at large is lust driven and encourages a life that is centered on earthly pleasures then in my opinion it is wrong for someone to change their gender in the pursuit of those false and misguided ideals as eventually we as the human race need to evolve out of our current primitive state of mind and rise to a higher level of existence that is free from lust, hate, jealousy, inequality, and many of the other bad characteristics that currently control our lives. IMO

•••
And you have asked in the past for moderators to remove some of my posts because they were not to your liking, even though they were on topic and true. So enough of your "free speech" BS.

Yes, groundless defamation would be cause for someone to be removed from any site that I am affiliated with. Your posts are defamatory.

There are feeble attempts to edit like this one:

upload_2019-8-29_8-10-22.png

You are not an honest or balanced journalist. You deserve to be ignored, which is perhaps why NamePros restricted your account before without any prompting from me.

And very ironically, that video that triggered you did get taken down by YouTube. The video was under DDoS attack at Watchmask too. So we put it behind BitMitigate:

Now why on God's earth would people want to take down that video? Do you honestly believe that God wants you to cut off your penis?

•••
Yes, groundless defamation would be cause for someone to be removed from any site that I am affiliated with. Your posts are defamatory. Your blog posts are defamatory.

You are accusing of things you yourself are guilty of. Sorry, it is what it is.

In order for it to be defamation, the accusations are unsubstantiated and false. That is what you are doing.

On the other hand, I have facts and proof on my side. Would you like me to post them here?

•••
There are feeble attempts to edit like this one:

Show attachment 127739

That correction in the date doesn't change the story or any facts in it at all. It actually shows that you had white supremacy leaning ideals way before the mass murder in the New Zealand mosque. The video and manifesto of which you posted to Twitter, Gab, and watch mask. And also which you claimed was faked.

•••
Are we back in highschool again, Stop the fighting you all, we are trying to discuss some important issues here.

•••
Are we back in highschool again, Stop the fighting you all, we are trying to discuss some important issues here.

@oldtimer, don't waste your time with the shiny objects Rob throws your way. It is a form of distraction. To burry the real issues in an endless array of posts.

•••
@oldtimer, don't waste your time with the shiny objects Rob throws your way. It is a form of distraction. To burry the real issues in an endless array of posts.

So lets discuss the real issues without all the back and forth personal attacks and accusations from Anyone.

•••
So lets discuss the real issues without all the back and forth personal attacks and accusations from Anyone.

Just go back to the beginning of this thread. It's been done ad infinitum. We're just regurgitating same old.

•••
@oldtimer, there are threads on Np where you can discuss issues like free speech, religion, politics, etc. Probably be better to go there if you want to discuss issues.

•••
You are accusing of things you yourself are guilty of. Sorry, it is what it is.

In order for it to be defamation, the accusations are unsubstantiated and false. That is what you are doing.

On the other hand, I have facts and proof on my side. Would you like me to post them here?

AFAIK, there is nothing stopping you. If it is more of your trademark circular reasoning, I imagine that many will just ignore you. To avoid being ignored or to avoid a moderator intervention, you should try coming up with new content.

And yes, I do reserve the right to drop shiny truthbombs into any reply and may recommend or highlight relevant Epik developments and technologies that pertain to a particular topic or issue that is being discussed.

In spite of your efforts to foment a boycott of Epik, even people who were initially not supportive of Epik have since become Epik clients. Our business is booming and our technology has never been stronger. Your plan backfired spectacularly.

That correction in the date doesn't change the story or any facts in it at all. It actually shows that you had white supremacy leaning ideals way before the mass murder in a New Zealand mosque. The video and manifesto of which you posted to Twitter, Gab, and watch mask. And also which you claimed was faked.

As for that interview, I would share the full interview but of course the book burners got it removed so we are left with hearsay and nonsense. Much of the content was Christian witnessing and advocacy for non-violent approaches to conflict resolution.

•••

So, @oldtimer, let's do that.

The bookburners at YouTube removed this video early this morning:

I don't know what prompted the takedown, the video was published way back on August 16, and was taken down earlier today after my reasonable Gab poll:

https://gab.com/epik/posts/102697147914761170

So, here we have a real test case. The Gab poll overwhelmingly says the content is not in any way hateful. I agree. The presenter actually has a loving tone.

For the folks that envision and Internet Bill of Rights, would this video been allowed to stay online. I say yes.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back