Dynadot

What's going on with Epik and Rob Monster?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
I'm catching the tail end of this, seems to be some kind of controversy...

https://domaingang.com/domain-news/rob-monster-off-twitter-after-christchurch-massacre-controversy/

Must be something odd to evoke this type of a response from one of our members.

Picture0016.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If
Some obvious lies in recent history are Apollo Moon landings, 9/11 official story, probably also Titanic's sinking after hitting an iceberg.
Hitler was an evil guy, but certainly he didn't target all jews, and actually he was puppet of people who are known as jews. Was Einstein inventor of relativity theory..or did he do part of it, or did he steal it all. Einstein was one of my childhood heros, but now I have suspicions.

... seriously?

•••
why even post that screen shot? Nothing there. I'm seeing accusations but not any evidence of what was actually said.

All I could find is that he said there are some inconsistencies in the footage. I didn't see him calling it a hoax, nor denying it happend. I'm curious to know where people get that info from.

And some others. It's amazing to see people not reading but that doesn't stop them from giving an opinion. Just on this one:

The screenshot is literally posted in the thread:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/so...er-or-suspension.1107245/page-20#post-7156909

And if the screenshot isn't good enough for you, then:

His own Joseph Peterson, Epik’s Director of Operations said and I quote:

"In particular, he interprets every massacre as a “false flag” – from 9/11 to the synagogue shooting to this New Zealand attack. "

https://dsad.com/domain-shanes-daily-list-of-domains-at-auction-for-monday-march-18th-2019/

The attack is literally on video.

Last edited:
•••
And some others. It's amazing to see people not reading but that doesn't stop them from giving an opinion. Just on this one:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/so...er-or-suspension.1107245/page-20#post-7156909

"In particular, he interprets every massacre as a “false flag” – from 9/11 to the synagogue shooting to this New Zealand attack. "

https://dsad.com/domain-shanes-daily-list-of-domains-at-auction-for-monday-march-18th-2019/

So what if he does interpret everything as a false flag? His views are different than others. Are different views a reason to hate and condemn? What happened to respect and tolerance?

If society can't be respectable and tolerant of other views than the problem perpetuates.

Ask yourself, did the shooter have lack of respect and intolerance?

•••
So what if he does interpret everything as a false flag? His views are different than others. Are different views a reason to hate and condemn? What happened to respect and tolerance?

If society can't be respectable and tolerant of other views than the problem perpetuates.

Ask yourself, did the shooter have lack of respect and intolerance?

Where did I say he couldn't have different views? I and many others were just pointing out how ridiculous they were. And you seriously just used the words respect and tolerance?

Last edited:
•••
Where did I say he couldn't have different views? I and many others were just pointing out how ridiculous they were.
In that case, why are you and others condemning him?

He has seen video evidence, as others have, that raises questions. Those questions are hard to investigate with no video evidence. That's all. ...Is this a reason to condemn and exile? There has been calls for that, war horns blown, just for having a different view. I find it ironic that the same people calling for respect and tolerance are incapable of showing that when someone does not agree with their views.....The more you condemn, hate and try to exile Rob, the more you show lack of respect and lack of tolerance. Those are the same traits and motivating factors of those that cause mass violence.

•••
In that case, why are you and others condemning him?

He has seen video evidence, as others have, that raises questions. Those questions are hard to investigate with no video evidence. That's all. ...Is this a reason to condemn and exile? There has been calls for that, war horns blown, just for having a different view. I find it ironic that the same people calling for respect and tolerance are incapable of showing that when someone does not agree with their views.....The more you condemn, hate and try to exile Rob, the more you show lack of respect and lack of tolerance. Those are the same traits and motivating factors of those that cause mass violence.

Are you serious? Are you really that clueless? No video evidence? What part of it's on video do you not get?

Lack of respect? I've noticed not once you've put that to Rob? I've noticed in the Escrow thread, it was mainly you answering.

Respect. Does this look respectful to you:

"For anyone interested, a copy of Brenton Tarrant's writing were saved to an IPFS file:

-url-

That file format is effectively uncensorable.

Epik is working on a new cloud utility that will make it easy for anyone to create an IPFS file with no technical skills required.

Brandable .IPFS domains can also be purchased at Epik.com."

Advertising on top of a manifest?

Is this respectful, read the quote:

"Actually, you are a troll, and indeed and an anonymous one with no transaction history and probably multiple personas on Namepros. I look forward to you being outed some day soon. All will be revealed, my friend. The God in heaven knows exactly who you are. I don't judge you but He surely will."

https://www.namepros.com/threads/fi...and-name-whoq-com.1121692/page-2#post-7119564

Last edited:
•••

Believe me I've read it all. Hardly any facts. To be clear, I don't think it was wise for him to share that link nor do I have any doubt about the attack being real.

I don't like his wording but it was in response to someone else. There's no full story there. He also shared some links to videos supporting these oddities. They may have been edited which wouldn't surprise me. I'm more interested in what made him post this questioning of the footage and that just doesn't show.

As for what others said about him... All hearsay. From my personal experience I can only say that I never had any reason to assume he's racist, right wing or whatever he's made out to be at the moment. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. From anything shared I can only conclude he may be those things but untill proven otherwise I give him the benfit of the doubt.

•••
Are you serious? Are you really that clueless? No video evidence? What part of it's on video do you not get?

Lack of respect? I've noticed not once you've put that to Rob? I've noticed in the Escrow thread, it was mainly you answering.

Respect. Does this look respectful to you:

"For anyone interested, a copy of Brenton Tarrant's writing were saved to an IPFS file:

-url-

That file format is effectively uncensorable.

Epik is working on a new cloud utility that will make it easy for anyone to create an IPFS file with no technical skills required.

Brandable .IPFS domains can also be purchased at Epik.com."

Advertising on top of a manifest?

Is this respectful, read the quote:

"Actually, you are a troll, and indeed and an anonymous one with no transaction history and probably multiple personas on Namepros. I look forward to you being outed some day soon. All will be revealed, my friend. The God in heaven knows exactly who you are. I don't judge you but He surely will."

https://www.namepros.com/threads/fi...and-name-whoq-com.1121692/page-2#post-7119564
JB....Simple question. Yes or No will do. There is no need to spin this.

Are you respectful and tolerant to those that have different views (politically, religiously, philosophically) than you?

•••
•••
JB....Simple question. Yes or No will do. There is no need to spin this.

Are you respectful and tolerant to those that have different views (politically, religiously, philosophically) than you?

You simply dodged my posts. People are free to have their views, I'm free to disagree with them. Not complicated. You can stop the dodge/distract/change the subject stuff.

Are they free to have those views without condemnation and calls for exile?

Read my last line again.

Last edited:
•••
You simply dodged my posts. People are free to have their views, I'm free to disagree with them. Not complicated.

•••

What part of people can have their own views do you not get? You want it all one way. You don't think people can read and see the stuff you're skipping? You want to hold people to certain standards but some people you want to give a pass to. I'm not going to have some 2/3 page thing because you can't see how you contradict yourself. Not going to play that little game, I have better things to do today. Simple reread the prior posts.

For your next post, maybe one day you'll hold Rob to the same standards. To this point, you haven't. You didn't touch some of the points brought up in earlier posts.

Last edited:
•••
What part of people can have their own views do you not get? You want it all one way. You don't think people can read and see the stuff you're skipping? You want to hold people to certain standards but some people you want to give a pass to. I'm not going to have some 2/3 page thing because you can't see how you contradict yourself.
I respect you JB. You have different views than I do on some (most) subjects. I am tolerant of those views that I disagree with.

I wish those that disagree with Rob showed the same respect and tolerance. There is no need to destroy a person's life, no need to condemn and no need to exile someone for their differences. There is a victim in all this and it's because civility, respect and tolerance was not acknowledged.

•••
I would appreciate if someone could paint a rough picture of how this would be a hoax, how a hoax could have been carried out here
Not really expecting anybody to, but I'm curious how insane minds think about this

Last edited:
•••
•••
Moving all my domains out of Epik

•••
It was reported that the first victim of the shooting looked at the gun toting shooter and welcomed him by saying, "Hello Brother."

In honor of the victims, we should give that deep statement the respect it deserves by being respectful, tolerant and forgiving to those that have different views.

•••
Removing all of my domains too , It is a serious issue.

•••
I respect you JB. You have different views than I do on some (most) subjects. I am tolerant of those views that I disagree with.

I wish those that disagree with Rob showed the same respect and tolerance. There is no need to destroy a person's life, no need to condemn and no need to exile someone for their differences. There is a victim in all this and it's because civility, respect and tolerance was not acknowledged.
I wanted to remain silent and ignore all this even after having personal connections with one victim family of NewZealand massacre. With respect to you, there were 50 victims in total in all this and Rob isnt one of them. He called the suffering of people a hoax and on his side, you are trying to portray Rob as a victim and play victim card. I am glad Rob's voice isnt loud enough to reach families of victims of Newzealand and they are recieving all the Love from their fellow countrymen, and thats all they should be hearing right now..

•••
I wanted to remain silent and ignore all this even after having personal connections with one victim family of NewZealand massacre. With respect to you, there were 50 victims in total in all this and Rob isnt one of them. He called the suffering of people a hoax and on his side, you are trying to portray Rob as a victim and play victim card. I am glad Rob's voice isnt loud enough to reach families of victims of Newzealand and they are recieving all the Love from their fellow countrymen, and thats all they should be hearing right now..
I did not intend to diminish the true victims. I apologize, my heart goes out to them.

I intended to say that there is a victim in the conversation within the domain community. A different type of victim, but nonetheless a victim.

Again, my apologies.

•••
What is Rob's role at Epik?

Their site says he is CEO and President: https://www.epik.com/about/
You can see pictures of the staff there - what do they think of his public non-business activities?

And what do the Epik investors think? Epik Holdings Inc are seeking investors:
https://gab.com/epik/posts/43282539

Is Rob the majority shareholder/owner at Epik or do others control it? That probably determines who he answers to.
Rob is pretty much EPIK, I mean it's his baby, before that it was Domain Strategies, and before that Rob was involved with Healthcare.com. Being I guess CEO of a business that kind of dabbled in rights online, and such, it makes him a sensitive target of association by his position. I mean he is a private person, and does have opinions as any of us do. It is this is a really hyper sensitive topic right now, and thru his GAB association he just got churned into the headlines whether it was his intent or not, but it is not looking good as people seem to be pulling their domains in protest, even though the company is not just him, but a diverse number or investors, and employees, but his CEO title seems to get the medias attention. I don't think anyone here can argue not many CEO's answer emails as quicky, and as direct as him with their basic level clients, and he is always helping people, it is a shame his reputation is getting ruined with all these headlines as his actions don't really portray the person he is when it comes to helping people.

These kind of things can take on a life of their own once released into the wild, but given the nature of the video, and the message of how these people were hunted down for no other reason than not being like the person shooting it, and all the families involved maybe feeding that stream was not a good call on his part, as it seems his message of internet rights has been lost. What happend in New Zealand is beyond words, as this place is paradise if anyone remembers some of the backdrops from the Lord of the Rings. I can understand if someone you knew was on that video, it's bad enough what has happend, but for people to watch it, and share it can make you cringe. It looks like one board member has stepped down, and I was surprised to learn the other board member is married to the daughter of attorney Gloria Allred, who is always front, and center in abuse type cases.

Last edited:
•••
This legit could only suck for epik. Rob does not deserve this kind of smear,.. geezer, wtf. U would think that a LEGAL foundation filled with law profs would never stoop to writing a tabloid-esque piece filled with OPINIONS rather than facts.

Ppl are mad at GAB, Then decide to take it out on epik because Th ey agreed to have their domain

Actually I transferred 100+ domains to Epik but after that I came across his post against Islam on Gab and now this.. it's not about him giving Gab a platform, that was not a big deal for me, but he keeps on doing stuff that no one in their right mind would defend.

•••
Actually I transferred 100+ domains to Epik but after that I came across his post against Islam on Gab and now this.. it's not about him giving Gab a platform, that was not a big deal for me, but he keeps on doing stuff that no one in their right mind would defend.

I noticed that Rob didn't apologize for posting the shooting vid lol .. just backed it up as "free speech"

But tbh, this situation reminds me of how every1 is calling pewdiepie a neonazi... when really he's not.

I think Rob wants a free world, the problem is that everyone who comes seeking sanctuary at his place happen to all be ficktards. So it makes Rob look bad.

But tbh, I don't get why he posted the shooting video. Th eres a difference between being apathetic towards your customers' beliefs... Then actually actively tweeting their stufd....

•••
Agree or disagree with @Rob Monster personal views... when it comes to registrars... you have to be crazy to not want him DEFENDING you as a customer.

Rather than sell you out for convenience, i.e. GoDaddy or any other registrar there... who is trying to be "PC"... Epik is certainly not going to bow down to pessure regarding your domains.

And in all reality... in 2 weeks this will be forgotten and people will discuss the registrar and the benefits.

•••
I noticed that Rob didn't apologize for posting the shooting vid lol .. just backed it up as "free speech"

But tbh, this situation reminds me of how every1 is calling pewdiepie a neonazi... when really he's not.

I think Rob wants a free world, the problem is that everyone who comes seeking sanctuary at his place happen to all be ficktards. So it makes Rob look bad.

But tbh, I don't get why he posted the shooting video. Th eres a difference between being apathetic towards your customers' beliefs... Then actually actively tweeting their stufd....

But that's the thing though... people think that Nz is this utopian society but here it is first hand... country willing to jail you for sharing facts and what happened.

Next thing we know they are going to to clean up history and remove every Hitler reference too?
He killed a HELL OF A LOT more people.

Erasing things from history is the first step to denying it happened.

Yes, this was a horrible incident, but jailing your own people over this?

So much for living in a free world, right?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back