Top Bottom
Dan.com

discuss What would make you confident enough for full-time domaining?

Dynadot
Impact
What event would make you so confident that you would quit your day job to pick up domaining full time? It could be anything like:

1) 1 six-figure sale
2) 3 continuous months with $$$$ in aggregate income
3) 1 5-figure sale every month

For me, it would be 12 months of mid-4-figure sale in a row and a portfolio of 1000 odd domains which seem like the trend of mid-4-figure sale would continue for another 5 years.
Also, it should involve me developing a sense of where to invest and having a model in mind where I clearly know what will sell and what not, being able to identify if a domain is underpriced or overpriced.

AEProgram

Top Contributor
Impact
full time? What can you possibly do full time in domaining?

You need an hour a day to review names dropping / expiring.

Most names sell from inbound unless you sell very cheap names or you win the outbound lotto.

Domaining is a hobby. Some people make money on their hobby, some break even and other lose.

Recons.Com

Top Contributor
Impact
full time? What can you possibly do full time in domaining?

You need an hour a day to review names dropping / expiring.

Most names sell from inbound unless you sell very cheap names or you win the outbound lotto.

Domaining is a hobby. Some people make money on their hobby, some break even and other lose.

Well, you could scale up. If you are buying 100+ names a day, that in itself could take full working day.

In past 12 months, I have been buying around 30 names a day on average and that takes probably good 3-4 hours a day.

AEProgram

Top Contributor
Impact
Well, you could scale up. If you are buying 100+ names a day, that in itself could take full working day.

In past 12 months, I have been buying around 30 names a day on average and that takes probably good 3-4 hours a day.
wow that's a lot of names a month. Are you buying to flip fast by listing on AN?

biix