IT.COM

question What types of landing pages do you think work best?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dancarlson

Established Member
Impact
I was just looking at different Domain Sales landers. I have used several brokerages in the past and trying to figure out what is the norm and what isn't.

I see few sales pages from a brokerage company that has Adsense on the page ( owner of domain is not getting any cut of adsense banners ), as well as other links directing the interested party away from the landing page to their blog, A product they sell or an advertiser. While other pages i see have a small banner on top that says this domain is for sale and an adsense area main body but the domain owner gets $$ for the clicks.

1) Should there be any adsense / ad banners / blog links / private software on your landers ( that you are not receiving any compensation for )?

2) Should you have a "buy it now price", "make an offer" or a combination BIN - LEASE - MAKE AN OFFER?

what types of landing pages do you think work best, and why.

Thanx Dan

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was just looking at different Domain Sales landers. I have used several brokerages in the past and trying to figure out what is the norm and what isn't.

I see few sales pages from a brokerage company that has Adsense on the page ( owner of domain is not getting any cut of adsense banners ), as well as other links directing the interested party away from the landing page to their blog, A product they sell or an advertiser. While other pages i see have a small banner on top that says this domain is for sale and an adsense area main body but the domain owner gets $$ for the clicks.

1) Should there be any adsense / ad banners / blog links / private software on your landers ( that you are not receiving any compensation for )?

2) Should you have a "buy it now price", "make an offer" or a combination BIN - LEASE - MAKE AN OFFER?

what types of landing pages do you think work best, and why.

Thanx Dan

For me I don't like the idea of having adsense. I think it uglifies the page. Don't like the idea of anybody else making money from a domain I own either. That includes Sedo. Namespro.ca comes with a reasonable lander for inbound inquiries.

I started making my own landers a few years ago. Some wordpress, some WYSIWYG builders. Here are a few examples.
MortgageApproved.ca
GrowVids.com
AcneRelief.ca

I like Make Offer with comparable sales right in view so the buyer realizes how much money they are going to have to spend. I also list the names at Afternic and Sedo with BINS for wholesalers.

I'm working on a portfolio site at domainportfolio.ca and will include links on all the landers. But it is very time consuming. I'm over 200 names right now, and have a full time trucking business to run.

Hope that helps.

•••
A lot of people don’t like Uniregistry, their aggressive nature and 15% commission but I do (well not their 15% commission). I completed a low 4 figure .ca sale late last year/early this year because of Uniregistry. To be honest, I couldn’t have done it without them! They do all the work for you. And being a lazy guy, I like that. lol :)

I just use their simple for sale landing pages with no ads! It’s an in your face I’m available buy me approach. Unless your domain gets a ton of traffic then I personally don’t like using ads on good domains you would have for sale. I mean you wouldn’t go to a singles party with a wedding ring on would you? :) I want the first thing a potential buyer to see when they go to a domain I own is an “inquire about this domain” option.

Eldred

•••
A lot of people don’t like Uniregistry, their aggressive nature and 15% commission but I do (well not their 15% commission). I completed a low 4 figure .ca sale late last year/early this year because of Uniregistry. To be honest, I couldn’t have done it without them! They do all the work for you. And being a lazy guy, I like that. lol :)

I just use their simple for sale landing pages with no ads! It’s an in your face I’m available buy me approach. Unless your domain gets a ton of traffic then I personally don’t like using ads on good domains you would have for sale. I mean you wouldn’t go to a singles party with a wedding ring on would you? :) I want the first thing a potential buyer to see when they go to a domain I own is an “inquire about this domain” option.

Eldred

nice!

it's somethign I've been debating myself for long time.

where there is a big baner on top of the parked page that says in big letters THIS DOMAIN IS FOR SALE CLICK HERE TO CONTACT OWNER

would a person who truly wants to buy your domain (cause that's the kind we're talking about here... not the kind that decide to buy yoru domain based on whether it comes with ads or without ads) really care whether he's clicking on that banner to contact you or filling out a lander form to do it?

I mean imagine if you truly want a domain.. would you care? I know I wouldn't :)

p.s. I hate uniregistry.. their reps spam. its a badly designed system. I peronally prefer to pay the extra 5% and deal with afternic.. if I need agent.. or godaddy.. if I do not. but to each his own of course. cheers.

Last edited:
•••
nice!

it's somethign I've been debating myself for long time.

where there is a big baner on top of the parked page that says in big letters THIS DOMAIN IS FOR SALE CLICK HERE TO CONTACT OWNER

would a person who truly wants to buy your domain (cause that's the kind we're talking about here... not the kind that decide to buy yoru domain based on whether it comes with ads or without ads) really care whether he's clicking on that banner to contact you or filling out a lander form to do it?

I mean imagine if you truly want a domain.. would you care? I know I wouldn't :)

p.s. I hate uniregistry.. their reps spam. its a badly designed system. I peronally prefer to pay the extra 5% and deal with afternic.. if I need agent.. or godaddy.. if I do not. but to each his own of course. cheers.
thanx for the comment,

I left uniregistry market because of the "canned" repetitive responses they were sending out to interested parties. I had about a dozen inquiries and not one ever came back with a counter offer, ( of course the leads may have been crap ) but instead of calling each lead, it was a series of emails, and i would get passed from broker to broker. I like the interface where i could see everything about the lead so you could do some research on them prior to giving a response.

Afternic I have had over 20 price inquiries, and not one peep more, no offers nottta.. I am very suspicious that seems like most of the inquiries were right before renewal? I don't like that i could not see the lead, or info about them, and there was no real way to follow.

I have my names with DomainBrothers, but need to figure out what landing pages they offer I do not like the one that is on my some of my sites now ie www.VancityRealty.com

I can build my own but the maintenance and management is to much right now so i am looking for the right company to manage the names and take care of sales.

thank you for your input.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back