Dynadot

discuss What To Do? How Would You Respond To This Inquiry?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Last month I hand registered a domain T/O/K/E/N/S/Y/S .com. I liked it because the .net was registered and developed and I'm into emerging technology domains.

Today I receive this via email...

Hi
I want to buy your domain tokensys.com for my new blog
Please let me know if it for sell and your asking price
Thanks
RnNZfQn2o2xpggJQqefCOervMbPIci5mujDPJnvl43kv6Rtxjyh5gHN_JKVzeU-aaGz3pePFgxfoAAtZJZNx8mveVTc-11j98EfuAJVcumUenA=s0-d-e1-ft
Lea

I get similar communications regularly, but on this one my first thought was to respond saying, This domain is not priced for a blog.

It seems to have the characteristics of a mass email (domain name linked, grammatical error).

How do you think I should respond?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't recall getting any mass e-mails asking for a price to sell a domain name ... and the domain name could have automatically be linked by her e-mail. I think it's up to you to give her a price or ask for more information, but I'd at least respond in some way.

•••
I agree with your stance...

•••
It's obvious they are setting you up for a later "I only want it for a blog, I can only pay...."

But still, don't challenge them in the first reply. Just send them a price quote.

•••
Set a price and be respectful and professional

•••
What's interesting is that I just sold two domains on NJ that were hand regged just over two month ago. Each domain sold for approx 1k.

On this one, as I mentioned, the .net is in use.

I have responded respectfully indicating that I might be willing to sell the domain and I asked her if she had a price in mind.

No sense in quoting a price that might ruin a potential deal. If I were to say 2k, it might end there, and I might actually take 1k.

I'll post her response if I get one.

•••
What's interesting is that I just sold two domains on NJ that were hand regged just over two month ago. Each domain sold for approx 1k.

On this one, as I mentioned, the .net is in use.

I have responded respectfully indicating that I might be willing to sell the domain and I asked her if she had a price in mind.

No sense in quoting a price that might ruin a potential deal. If I were to say 2k, it might end there, and I might actually take 1k.

I'll post her response if I get one.
Good response - I agree wtih you! Good luck and keep us informed!:xf.smile:

•••
I hope you get as much as possible on that name as i own: T o k e n s y . com

•••
Last month I hand registered a domain T/O/K/E/N/S/Y/S .com. I liked it because the .net was registered and developed and I'm into emerging technology domains.

Hi
Thanks
RnNZfQn2o2xpggJQqefCOervMbPIci5mujDPJnvl43kv6Rtxjyh5gHN_JKVzeU-aaGz3pePFgxfoAAtZJZNx8mveVTc-11j98EfuAJVcumUenA=s0-d-e1-ft
Lea

I get similar communications regularly, but on this one my first thought was to respond saying, This domain is not priced for a blog.

It seems to have the characteristics of a mass email (domain name linked, grammatical error).

they all want it for their 5 year old daughter
w/o any idea on monetisation

•••
Just reply with your asking price. If they come back and start to low ball your, add their email to your junk folder 👌

•••
•••
Just reply with your asking price. If they come back and start to low ball your, add their email to your junk folder 👌

I just had to do this the other day. Had 2 lowball offers in a row from the same guy... 2 minutes later his email goes straight to trash now automatically.

GL on the sale OP (y)

•••
Stick to the facks, ma'am. Just the facks.

•••
I can tell you all that 4 hours after I replied, I was just notified that my reply was just opened.

I track when an email is opened. :) It's a good sign that it was opened at least. :)

•••
I can tell Tokensys.com is not suitable for a blog names! :xf.laugh: but more to biz stuff! why not try 4k and then lower to 1-2k! but I think you already make good move, by asking her about the price! and If I were you $500-1k, is good enough! :xf.grin: better than nothing!

•••
I can tell Tokensys.com is not suitable for a blog names! :xf.laugh: but more to biz stuff! why not try 4k and then lower to 1-2k! but I think you already make good move, by asking her about the price! and If I were you $500-1k, is good enough! :xf.grin: better than nothing!
They would have to wait a bit because I just hand regged it a month ago. :ROFL:

•••
I can tell you all that 4 hours after I replied, I was just notified that my reply was just opened.

I track when an email is opened. :) It's a good sign that it was opened at least. :)
;)

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••

Hi
Thanks
Lea

I always reply the same to every inquiry for each particular domain. The domain value is the same whether a student wants it, a writer wants it for their blog, or a billion dollar company wants it. So just reply and state the value you're looking to receive.

•••
You know damn well who end user is. Wait an put price up by $100 each month.

•••
Hi Silentptnr,

I have received the exact same email ... word for word... from the same person for a one word .COM twice in the past 3 months... I'm not sure she is a serious buyer... just some domainer is my guess.

best,
Anita

•••
Hi Silentptnr,

I have received the exact same email ... word for word... from the same person for a one word .COM twice in the past 3 months... I'm not sure she is a serious buyer... just some domainer is my guess.

best,
Anita
I thought it seemed like spam. :)

•••
Hi Silentptnr,

best,
Anita
BUSTED!!!
lol

•••
More than likely the folks that sell whois data are validating the email addresses.

•••
More than likely the folks that sell whois data are validating the email addresses.

That's a possibility for sure!

Funnily its 100% the exact words including "let me know if it for sell" lolz :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back