What they do right – What do they do wrong – Dynadot

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Over the last few years we have published a series The good, the bad and the ugly. Readers have been able to leave their feedback and some companies have reached out over the years and let me know they took the posts to heart. This year I want to try to change it up a bit and, What they do right and what they do wrong. Focusing in a little deeper to give better feedback to industry … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Like Dynadot UI,pricing,support.
Dislike their backorder chops.Not very good, especially .ca TBR. Came in 72nd today.

•••
They're pricing is good.

But I fine their UI very unappealing and their support hit or miss. And I have ran into odd problems that should not exist, somehow today they charged $300 worth of expired auction purchases to a card I previously deleted from my account, I can't even comprehend how something like that happens...🥴

•••
Dont like
  • “Forum name”. Keep simple acc change
  • 30 lock on market buys. (GD is 60 lol)
  • No free WP; but free “website builder”
I like
  • Private company
  • Transparent pricing
  • Auctions
This worthy registrar for anybody, my #2 reg; Wish DD CEO would make post here though, it’s always the DynaDot “co-op” i want see face behind brand. Really nice company!

Last edited:
•••
•••
Over the last few years we have published a series The good, the bad and the ugly. Readers have been able to leave their feedback and some companies have reached out over the years and let me know they took the posts to heart. This year I want to try to change it up a bit and, What they do right and what they do wrong. Focusing in a little deeper to give better feedback to industry … [Read more...]
Hey Ray, is there any plan to write this about other registrars too?

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I'd just like to say that it's nice to see you chose Dynadot, after the obvious 1st choice of GoDaddy. I'm pretty busy these days. But I will try to give you my pros and cons in a few days. I just wanted to post in the thread, to remind me.

•••
I like:
UI, price, online support
Dont like:
Payout procedures,

•••
Just now, there was an error in my shopping cart.
Many renewal options for names that no longer exist appear there, this should be a problem with their system. I have submitted feedback and are waiting for a reply.

•••
I dont use dynadot but i am a fan of emoji and idn eebsife addresses etc and i bought a few emoji website addresses and a couple of idns when they were on offer at gd a couoke of years or so ago etc and as a result i i am interested in the
xn-- codes etc and i find emoji from the xn -- code not by typing in emoji etc but everytime i see an emoji or idn website address sold on namebio or a gtld its has usually been bougt on dynadot etc

It seems that dynadot are good at recognosing the potential of emmerging domain name sectors like emoji and idn and gtlds etc which is good for tge domain name industry etc

It woukd be good if a domain name registrar would build an idn translator so that when a person types in an emoji or idn code from namebio etc after seeing an xn-- code in to the (i love .ws) xn-- code translator in to emoji or idn etc that when the xn-- code translates to a japanese or chinese idn that the website gives its meaning of what the idn means in japanese or chinese etc

•••
Did they change that recently? I remember it being 15 days.
We have two different locks for domains purchased from our aftermarket platform, the auction lock and marketplace lock. The auction lock would only apply to domains purchased from our expired domain auctions and would last for 15 days, and the marketplace lock would apply to domains purchased from our marketplace or user auctions (domains listed for sale or auction by the registrant) and that would last for 30 days.

Thank you for the post and article @equity78, and thank you to everyone who's given us valuable feedback both here on Namepros and at thedomains.com.

•••
They're pricing is good.

But I fine their UI very unappealing and their support hit or miss. And I have ran into odd problems that should not exist, somehow today they charged $300 worth of expired auction purchases to a card I previously deleted from my account, I can't even comprehend how something like that happens...🥴
I'm sorry to hear that, were our team able to have this resolved for you? I did see that a similar problem was reported to the team, and we were able to have the charges refunded.

•••
We have two different locks for domains purchased from our aftermarket platform, the auction lock and marketplace lock. The auction lock would only apply to domains purchased from our expired domain auctions and would last for 15 days, and the marketplace lock would apply to domains purchased from our marketplace or user auctions (domains listed for sale or auction by the registrant) and that would last for 30 days.

Thank you for the post and article @equity78, and thank you to everyone who's given us valuable feedback both here on Namepros and at thedomains.com.

That explains it. I have never bought a marketplace domain, only expired. Guess we were both right @Samer :-P

I'm sorry to hear that, were our team able to have this resolved for you? I did see that a similar problem was reported to the team, and we were able to have the charges refunded.

Most likely was me as I did report it and that rep was very helpful in figuring out how to fix it.

Last edited:
•••
•••

Last edited:
•••
Most likely was me as I did report it and that rep was very helpful in figuring out how to fix it.
I'm glad to hear we were able to have that resolved for you, and apologies for any trouble that caused.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back