Domain Empire

What the...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey guys. I just tried to reg two IDNs through DomainSite and the payment failed twice.

Anyone know what could be the problem?

I just e-mailed their support too.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Static said:
Hey guys. I just tried to reg two IDNs through DomainSite and the payment failed twice.

Anyone know what could be the problem?

I just e-mailed their support too.

Thanks!

What kind of IDN's were they ? Chinese ? they could have variant issues

•••
All the premium names are taken

•••
thegenius1 said:
What kind of IDN's were they ? Chinese ? they could have variant issues

What is the variant issue?

•••
Static said:
What is the variant issue?

I will assume you tried to Reg a pretty premium term in Chinese , Chinese is in Simplified , and in Traditional ... If the Traditional version is already purchased you will not be able to reg it in Simplified and vice versa, I would suggest using Dynadot so you can see if the domain has Variant Issues. For example i tried to Reg SmartPhone.com last night in Simplified Chinese but somebody already Regd the Traditional Version http://www.dynadot.com/domain/search2.html?domain=xn--kpuz6grqk83f Look how it tells you that the domain is probaly not available as it was tried on 8/15

•••
Hm...

It says "Probably not avaliable" when I can see that it is avaliable at DomainSite.com.

But if I can't pay for it, does that mean that there is no way to get the domains?

•••
Variant issue ....... means the traditional is registered thus the simplified is registered or vice versa. Only one can be registered in most cases. That is the issue you are experiencing. Also don't shoot for high up premium names in chinese at this point. They are very hard to find.

•••
Static said:
Hm...

It says "Probably not avaliable" when I can see that it is avaliable at DomainSite.com.

But if I can't pay for it, does that mean that there is no way to get the domains?

智能手机.com probably not available
(xn--kpuz6grqk83f.com) tried on 2006/08/15, got variant error

Just keep pushing on there is some stuff out there but like jeffm2 said you are probably trying to reg some really premium names and believe me they are gone

Domainsite doenst have this variant issue alert system , If it didnt go through you will not be able to register the name.

•••
Ah ok.

I was trying:
颐和园.com

Decided to go with:
御花园.com

My first IDN. :)

•••
Static said:
Ah ok.

I was trying:
颐和园.com

Decided to go with:
御花园.com

My first IDN. :)

Congrats Welcome to the Club ! Life may never be the same again :)

•••
Thanks. :)

I was really hoping to get both as they are both major tourist places, but oh well.

•••
Static said:
Thanks. :)

I was really hoping to get both as they are both major tourist places, but oh well.

Yeah i just tossed them in google trends and the first one you were going after does appear to be searched for more http://google.com/trends?q=颐和园,+御花园&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all
But if you stay down in the mines you will fine some nice stuff.

I just picked up 物业税.com PropertyTax.com 30 seconds ago

http://google.com/trends?q=物业税&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back