NameSilo

What should Godaddy change its name to!

Located in Reviews started by oldtimer, Feb 14, 2020 at 11:53 AM.

Replies:
Views:

1. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician VIP

yes GoPerson is much better as it reminds us of Parson killing elephants

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Ryan217

Ryan217 NameBlitz Gold Account

No one is being left out. If you want to get technical about it, everyone does have a father or a daddy so no one is left out by your logic either. It's not like the name is GoMan.

And good thing there is not an off topic forum, I feel a Why does everyone feel the need to be offended by everything rant coming on. Which you'll all be spared.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 8:36 PM
  3. Bernard Wright

Bernard Wright Established Member

4. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician VIP

my vote goes to GoGuy
    shorter=better
    I have to check if it available
    before I post this .....

s*t is is registered

5. oldtimer

oldtimer Do some good for humanity and the environment VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Bob as usual your wisdom and experience is appreciated as another Oldtimer here.

6. DomainBarracksRob

DomainBarracksRob Top Contributor VIP

Exactly difference that’s “some” just let every little darn thing bother them. Like the BoggieMan

Deference is I Would Not am not against or offended by anything labeled
    Pro-mommy Go mommy ShePerect LadiesFirst GoMiss - ( Kudos to them and more power to them)

Life has other more exciting stuff to spend energy on

Difference in the mindset of those like oldtimer, make problems where there are not, trying to create negativity angels for sake of doing so.

If you “ choose “ to view as only empowering half of the population that’s on you! But just a quick question based off your stance doesn’t that mean you’re leaving out the other 65–g321-h-8656gd6-
    -Trex-cxx- “genders “(that you believe exist ) and their empowerment ? I mean you pretty much left it at Man and Woman :)

7. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP

GG (y) ;)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 8:41 PM
  8. bmugford

bmugford www.DataCube.com PRO ICA Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

It is just a brand. Oddly, GoDaddy has many female customers.
    In fact I have sold domains to many.

I don't think this brand is as toxic as you seem to think it is.

Brad

9. Sutruk

Sutruk Established Member

The name is just a name, and I don't see any intention of empowering nobody.
    It's just a catchy and friendly name.
    But, if we reduce it just to see who it empowers, I think it would empower the Daddies, and those are not the half of the population.
    Then you have the Mommies, and the Babies, the Uncles, the Elderlies... and so on.

... the Singles!!...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 9:02 PM
  10. JB Lions

JB Lions Top Contributor VIP

Don't ask of others or companies what you're not willing to do yourself.

"Ageism, also spelled agism, is stereotyping and/or discrimination against individuals or groups on the basis of their age. ... Older people themselves can be deeply ageist, having internalized a lifetime of negative stereotypes about aging."

Who You Calling ‘Young Lady’?
    And other ageist language that needs to change — now

https://www.aarp.org/disrupt-aging/stories/ideas/info-2018/ageist-language-glossary.html

Be the change @oldtimer It starts with you.

---------
    I personally find this thread completely ridiculous. I found the one where Gilsan posted some meme showing women's swimsuits changing over time and you seriously wanted him to change the word woman to everyone, ridiculous as well. Choose your battles.

It's over the top. GoDaddy is fine. They've spent millions branding it, easy to spell, remember, unique, funny etc.

Start a new thread where we can help you pick a new name. I think oldtimer is fine as well, but if you truly want to take it to this level, then you should as well. Live what you preach.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 8:51 PM
  11. johnn

johnn Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Buy them and you can change to whatever you want to.
    Otherwise this is one of the crappy thread that makes no sense and wasting time.

12. Bernard Wright

Bernard Wright Established Member

People vote with their dollars. GoDaddy continues to receive the most votes in the industry. This thread is unnecessary.

By the way, why no consideration for the would-be fathers whose partners have had a miscarriage? Can you imagine the torment of having to log in to GoDaddy every time one wants to renew a domain? Think about all those poor men.

Some people are have had too much Kool-Aid.

13. Windoms

Windoms Established Member

14. oldtimer

It's disappointing that the Mods whom I am very sure are monitoring this thread every second are allowing personal attacks and off topic posts and references to continue.

I guess we can never have a professional discussion on NsmePros.

PS: Oldtimer is a personal name that I have the right to choose as my username and it refers to wisdom and experience.

IMO

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 8:56 PM
  15. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent Gold Account VIP Trusted Blogger

I just checked, and they do realize that the name GoOldtimer.com is available to hand register! :xf.grin: And if you say it right, it almost sounds like gold or goal. It would be great for us in the senior crowd. :xf.smile: I left it for them, cause that is what I do.

I am joking of course. I don't think it is essential for them to rebrand, but I wonder, now with new directions, new CEO, etc., maybe the right time. As I said earlier, in my opinion, the best is a simple word like Go to build a brand around that is as major as they are. Their financial report just released shows they are doing very well, they had the cash to buy Uniregistry, maybe Go is not available at any price from Disney, but they should try that or a similar powerful short generic word.

Bob

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 8:56 PM
  16. DomainBarracksRob

DomainBarracksRob Top Contributor VIP

Where are the personal attacks?

You brought ALL the topics ( Pandora’s box)

I see questions to those topics

Your opinions

Others stating they don’t agree with YOUR opinion

And now doing what someone with your “offended by all” mindset does ...whiny and complaining because you didn’t here back exactly what you wanted to here back.

BUT you wanted everyone else to listen to your opinions smh!

Your very first post you speak of “double standards” yet here you are doing exactly what you were speaking against.

Embarrassing!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 9:19 PM
  17. Windoms

Windoms Established Member

I guess they're having popcorn and koolaid lol.

You started it being gloomy about nazis and godaddy lol

18. oldtimer

Attacking me is not going to change the fact that Go + Daddy is not politically correct specially for a company that wants to empower All People through owning their own domains and websites.

IMO

19. Ryan217

Disagreeing with your option =/= a personal attack on you. I'm sorry if you can't see that.

20. Sutruk

Sutruk Established Member

Really... those comments sounds to me like if you are a fan of the Radical Feminist Party... offended by every masculine word or term they see.
    A very powerful lobby in these days by the way.

21. Internet.Domains

Internet.Domains Top Contributor VIP

Have fun being offended yall. Meanwhile, my kids called me "Daddy" just now and I have a more appreciative understanding on how beautiful the word is. Thought the same when they addressed my wife by calling her "Mommy".....In this house we celebrate both our commonalities and our differences. It's how God made us. Let's celebrate that physically, emotionally and mentally we are not equal.

Happy Valentine's day! Accept and love things for what they are, not what you wish them to be. A wilted rose can be beautiful.

Peace!

22. Abdullah Abdullah

Abdullah Abdullah Top Contributor VIP

I like the name. My first ever name I got it there. I am yet to see an end user who doesnt know them. The only time I had a name at Godaddy and end user transferred was to Amazon or Google. No other company comes close.

23. oldtimer

With all due respect you are making a mistake by comparing your own personal environment which you have every right of being called Daddy or Mommy with the politically incorrect name of Go + Daddy which discriminates against a big portion of the population specially when it comes to empowering All People through domain names and websites.

Go + Daddy = Discrimination

And that just gives the wrong message.

IMO

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 9:48 PM
  24. Ryan217

I'm sorry you see the world that way. It's just a name. If you can't see that nobody says you have to use them.

25. oldtimer

I like Godaddy as a registrar and have used them for many years now, it's the name that I find that has come to the end of its use as we are entering a new era of tolerance and understanding in the World.

I recommend switching to a name that shows enlightenment and that emphasis on equal opportunity and respect for all.

IMO

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 10:07 PM

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice