IT.COM

What should GoDaddy change its name to!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
We are taking Confederate statues out of public areas in most places and we have made some Nazis materials illegal because they are offensive to some people and belong to an era that is best to be left behind, but amazingly some people still want to keep the Daddy name even though it might be politically incorrect and offensive to a lot of people.

Before the over 700 GoDaddy employees who are active members here go on the offensive I would like to ask them how long they think they can keep up with this double standard and what better time to think of a new name for one of the leading companies in the domain Industry to change its name to than right now that we are at the start of a whole new era of empowering people as domain and website owners.

So as a community of domaining and branding experts what do you all think is the best name for Godaddy to switch to.

Thread Rules: Keep all comments and suggestions professional, respectful, constructive, and on the politically correct side. This thread is not meant for the purpose of making fun of, attacking, or demeaning any person or company and as such there is zero tolerance for any rude, insulting, and unprofessional language and behavior or underhanded tactics to undermine the integrity of this thread and its value to the NamePros community and the domain Industry at large.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The only reason to change the name would maybe be to widen their customer base.
I know quite a number of non-domainers who refused to register a domain because of their name. I think because of how they portrayed sex and women to market themselves in the early days.

Re-branding is tough though.

But if they are making alot of profit..they might not need to. I mean they could just start a whole other domain brand on the side. Didn't they buy Uniregistry?

There have been a lot of distasteful ads in the past, but I believe that Godaddy has been moving away from such ads now that their goal has become providing equal opportunity and respect for all people through empowerment.

That's why I believe that they should also move away from an outdated name that many people find as not being politically correct. IMO

Now lets get back to the new name suggestion for Godaddy.

•••
There have been a lot of distasteful ads in the past, but I believe that Godaddy has been moving away from such ads now that their goal has become providing equal opportunity and respect for all people through empowerment.

That's why I believe that they should also move away from an outdated name that many people find as not being politically correct. IMO

Now lets get back to the new name suggestion for Godaddy.
oldtimer...this is the last comment I'll make. I googled " is Go Daddy name politically correct"?, and nada:xf.confused:
saying to me that no one cares?

I think you and I are about the same age, and "Go Daddy" sounds like a "cheer" to me, and last I checked, "Go" XXXXX anything is positive(y)

•••
oldtimer...this is the last comment I'll make. I googled " is Go Daddy name politically correct"?, and nada:xf.confused:
saying to me that no one cares?

I think you and I are about the same age, and "Go Daddy" sounds like a "cheer" to me, and last I checked, "Go" XXXXX anything is positive(y)

As I have already said I respect opposing opinions as long as they are professional, respectful, and constructive and as such I respect the right of those who feel okay with the current Godaddy name, but in my opinion in the long run it will do the company good to switch to a name that is more aligned with thier new goal of empowering everyone through owning domains and websites and promoting equal opportunity and respect for all people.

By the way I have said most of what I wanted to say so now I am going to have to cut back some on my comments on the forum since my body can't handle all this typing and back and forth arguments due to my disabilities and my heart condition. So all I can hope for now is for this thread to lead to something good and more positive in the near future.

Thanks to everyone for their participation in these discussions.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
or people can just choose to ignore this thread
If we stay silent and leave this thread to people suggesting names, its going to seem as everyone hates the GD name and it needs to be changed.
Which is not the case.

•••
they should change their name to DNista.com

•••
People you need to think more positively here,

2020 is the best time for Godaddy to change to a better and more politically correct name and while they are at it they might as well consider changing that new logo too which looks kind of awkward to many people.

As I have already said we are entering a new era of empowering the masses through domain names and websites and everyone needs to adjust to this new frontier and abandon the outdated mindsets that have been holding the World back from ascending to a higher level, whether it's racism or discrimination and intolerance that causes so much pain in people's lives or whether it's politically incorrect names such as GoDaddy that are a symbol of all that was wrong in the past, it's not too late to correct these mistakes.

IMO
Have you considered 2020 is the the best time for you and the rest of the keyboard warriors to get your panties out of a bunch and stick to the knitting? You guys have sat behind your keyboards for last decade and made pointless conflicts, pretending to speak for the masses meanwhile the masses are working 9-5 and raising families and don't the time to sit and point out the ridiculousness of all the BS that has pervaded the consciousness of these poor companies who fire people and change their names based on this social media crap.

If only the millions of us had the time to point out that stereotypes and offensive statements and political incorrectness ARE NEEDED, they are a fabric of our history and help define who we are, not this "inclusive" bs and "everyone's a winner" and we can't dress up as Indians or have black pumpkins and all the rest of it, IT IS Sh!t!

You people have spend your years LYING and TROLLING the internet, and NOW our governments are making LAWS based on your crap, companies are re-writing policies based on your crap, all because us NORMAL PEOPLE have been busy working our assess off and just don't have the time to babysit the adults who take advantage of the wide-reaching implications of using social media to voice your opinion without giving the voice of reason a chance to respond and put everything into perspective.

My kids are paying for this too, and the only time I have to set them straight is on my off time, meanwhile the CRAP continues through-out schools now too!

It is a goddamn travesty. The only mistake I see is you focusing your time and efforts on things like how a name makes your "feel", rather than getting your hands dirty and doing something productive with your life.

How about your spend your time, OldTimer, getting kids off their cellphones? It's become become an addiction, and ruining their future? How about you spend your time looking around your community, seeing what needs to be fixed?

We need names to be able to click with us, we need to be able to define people by their cultural differences, we need to EMBRACE what we suck at, what we're good at. White Men Can't Jump, there was even a movie made on that. BECAUSE WHITE MEN SUCK AT B-BALL!! Is there a problem with pointing this out? Hell no. And if there is a white dude who doesn't suck at basketball, then hunky funky praise the Lord!

Point out the color of the skin, the genders, the sexes, the races or WHATEVER because this is the REAL stuff that defines us, it is what we have learned over thousands of years. And, just becuase it defines us, doesn't mean we can't break the mold! But it doesn't mean people have to get fired over it, companies have to CHANGE their names, and laws have to be made to tell us so.

•••
Have you considered 2020 is the the best time for you and the rest of the keyboard warriors to get your panties out of a bunch and stick to the knitting? You guys have sat behind your keyboards for last decade and made pointless conflicts, pretending to speak for the masses meanwhile the masses are working 9-5 and raising families and don't the time to sit and point out the ridiculousness of all the BS that has pervaded the consciousness of these poor companies who fire people and change their names based on this social media crap.

If only the millions of us had the time to point out that stereotypes and offensive statements and political incorrectness ARE NEEDED, they are a fabric of our history and help define who we are, not this "inclusive" bs and "everyone's a winner" and we can't dress up as Indians or have black pumpkins and all the rest of it, IT IS Sh!t!

You people have spend your years LYING and TROLLING the internet, and NOW our governments are making LAWS based on your crap, companies are re-writing policies based on your crap, all because us NORMAL PEOPLE have been busy working our assess off and just don't have the time to babysit the adults who take advantage of the wide-reaching implications of using social media to voice your opinion without giving the voice of reason a chance to respond and put everything into perspective.

My kids are paying for this too, and the only time I have to set them straight is on my off time, meanwhile the CRAP continues through-out schools now too!

It is a ******* travesty. The only mistake I see is you focusing your time and efforts on things like how a name makes your "feel", rather than getting your hands dirty and doing something productive with your life.

How about your spend your time, OldTimer, getting kids off their cellphones? It's become become an addiction, and ruining their future? How about you spend your time looking around your community, seeing what needs to be fixed?

We need names to be able to click with us, we need to be able to define people by their cultural differences, we need to EMBRACE what we suck at, what we're good at. White Men Can't Jump, there was even a movie made on that. BECAUSE WHITE MEN SUCK AT B-BALL!! Is there a problem with pointing this out? Hell no. And if there is a white dude who doesn't suck at basketball, then hunky funky praise the Lord!

Point out the color of the skin, the genders, the sexes, the races or WHATEVER because this is the REAL stuff that defines us, it is what we have learned over thousands of years. And, just becuase it defines us, doesn't mean we can't break the mold! But it doesn't mean people have to get fired over it, companies have to CHANGE their names, and laws have to be made to tell us so.

Well it's now clear that you represent the status quo,

We need to encourage diversity and celebrate our differences, although we may not all be the same and have the same abilities, but we need to value everyone for what they in their unique ways can provide to help the World run. I have the mindset that puts a CEO and a hard working janitor who keeps our schools and hospitals clean at the same level when it comes to having adequate food, healthcare, shelter, and education and never put anyone down because of their race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, or lack of financial abilities.

Unfortunately you have the old mindset that represent the interest of a few (mainly yourself) and who has no problem by demeaning and putting others down like you have done to me just right now, but I have news for you because you won't be able to get away with all your bigotry, discriminatory, and abusive attitude any longer as you and the people like you are going to be exposed for the whole World to see.

As I mentioned earlier I am going to take it easy with commenting on the forum because of my health conditions, but then I had to come back after your cruel and uncalled for attack on me which falls below any standard of human decency specially right after I made a post and mentioned that I was trying to take it easy as typing so much and going back and forth with people like you was taking a toll on my body because of my disabilities and heart condition, I even said thanks to everyone for their participation in these discussions, but I didn't count on someone like you coming back at me like you did and hitting me below the belt the way you just did.

and same goes for all those who are liking your post and are taking side with the status que.

IMO

Last edited:
•••

It is a ******* travesty. The only mistake I see is you focusing your time and efforts on things like how a name makes your "feel", rather than getting your hands dirty and doing something productive with your life.

I'm pretty much on board with all of this. I think basketball was more entertaining when it was less of a spectacle of individual ability and more of a cohesive, teamwork-based, sport. ...back when Larry Bird was a force to be reckoned with. Agreed that cellphones are doing more harm than good. All well stated.

•••
Who is offended by the name GoDaddy?

•••
Who is offended by the name GoDaddy.com?
Some non-domainers are. Someone recommended me to their friend who wanted a domain..I asked if they heard of Godaddy and they said they would never use Godaddy.

It seems some people are offended because of how Godaddy used sex and women to promote and establish their brand. It's easy for us domainers to easily argue for Godaddy but that won't change anything with that audience who finds it offensive. And I guess the name itself didn't help in the marketing either.

I don't know how large that crowd is...because Godaddy is still successful and it's my go to registrar so far.

•••

As I have already mentioned on several occasions the name GoDaddy just doesn't align with the new goals set by the Godaddy's CEO for empowering the masses through owning domains and websites and it just doesn't fit the new era of providing equal opportunity and respect for all people that GoDaddy wants to be a part of. I am 100% sure that the new Godaddy CEO also recognizes this problem and I expect that there will be a name change along with a major restructuring of the company soon and then all the people here who are trying to attack and demean me are going to have to eat their words.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
@oldtimer

I'll have to give your comment some thought, but for the most part I thoroughly enjoy your posts and find them quite uplifting. This topic in particular, though, I cannot see eye-to-eye, regardless of disabilities or health issues, how do you know I don't have any?? I would rather not use my personal demons/inadequacies to intrude on generalizations we have come to know and embrace the world round.

Identifying common traits, abilities or lesser or greater means by ways of gender, ethnic backgrounds finances and all the rest is not "putting people down", even weirdos and misfits have a place. Maybe its a better place, maybe not. Whatever the case, embracing our differences or our a-likeness, that is up to us as individuals to deal with, and not impose or have expectations that it is the right mentality for absolute change.

Voicing an opinion is one thing, taking advantage of public platforms to create artificial "problems" is another thing altogether, especially when they snowball into something that can have actual repercussions in peoples lives. Does "daddy" do that to you?? Come on now. If it does, well, than that's real to you, and though I'm open to different perspectives, I think we should always take into account the many factors that brought mindsets to where they are, and not entirely dismiss something as being wrong or bad because it seems discriminatory or stereotypical or whatever the catchphrase is nowadays.

I might judge a book by its cover, but after I read it, I might write a rave review. Same thing goes with people, or domain names and website they point to. I've seen really sh!tty domain names, with awesome websites. Does this mean I am going to change my view about crappy domain names? Nope, it just means that there is an amazing diversity out there to explore, regardless of what meets the eye.

•••
@oldtimer

I'll have to give your comment some thought, but for the most part I thoroughly enjoy your posts and find them quite uplifting.

Thanks for the compliments, but I don't understand why I have to be attacked and demeaned just because my opinions and views might be different than most people on this thread, why can't everyone debate the issues and give their rebuttals in a respectful and civilized manner. When can we have an intelligent, professional, and constructive discussion here at NsmePros without putting each other down. We shouldn't allow a few people who for whatever reason want to instigate animosity and hostility on the forum to derail every discussion.

Again thanks for everyone's participation in these discussions, I hope that there will be a major reform in the way that things are being done not only in the domain Industry, but the World at large. I have peace of mind knowing that I have done my part in encouraging some positive changes for the benefit of everyone not only in this thread, but also through my other threads and comments here at NamePros.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
I find myself compelled in this thread to act a bit out of my usual conduct. The fact of the matter is, your intentions are surely good. And I don’t mean to come off as attacking your character. What I’m attacking is your idea. Your idea is not innocuous. Many a bad outcome have begun with good intentions. You are putting forth very toxic ideas that are sure to have a bad outcome. You feel outnumbered and overwhelmed because this fact is true.

Last edited:
•••
I will say it again If you are that concerned CONTACT Godaddy direct voice your Thoughts/ Opinions to them . Go to the source and take the Hypothetical out of the discussion . Stir the pot at their place not here I would have thought If your concerns run that deep you would have followed this course already . Just makes sense to me If you had of done that in the first place you could have an answer from someone hopefully up near the top at Godaddy instead of a pointless post and your ticker would not be stressed. JMI . Cheers.

•••
You are putting forth very toxic ideas that are sure to have a bad outcome. You feel outnumbered and overwhelmed because this fact is true.

I don't believe that the idea of equal opportunity and respect for everyone is toxic, nor the fact that I think that we should use everything in our power as far as technology and other resources to make sure that no one is suffering from hunger, disease, homelessness, addiction, abuse, torture and War. I am not the first person that the status quo has ganged up against to silence and probably won't be the last one, but as I have already said I am at peace knowing that I have done my part to bring about some positive changes not only in the domain industry, but the World at large.

As I have mentioned in many of my threads here at NamePros empowering people through owning domains and websites and creating an atmosphere that encourages equal opportunity and respect for all people is part of a bigger goal that I as a human rights and environmental activist and intellectual have been promoting over many years now.

The World as a whole needs to ascend to a higher level and we have to make sure that we as human beings are going to become a Force For Good by finding common grounds over Universal values and principles that are derived through logic and compassion and which are designed to protect everyone's and everything's rights and wellbeing including all lifeforms and entities whether natural or artificial specially when it comes to those that are too weak and helpless to fend for themselves such as in the case of the unborn.

We have to conquer the bad human characteristics that are holding us back from becoming free from the current animalistic and evil ways that the World is conducting itself and we need to use everything in our power as far as technologies such as AI and other resources to make sure that no one is going to suffer from such things as hunger, disease, homelessness, delinquency, addiction, illiteracy, inequality, abuse, racism, discrimination, suppression, oppression, torture, and War any more.

All our existing philosophies, doctrines, and ideologies have failed us. Extremist and fanatical political, religious, and racial affiliations and agendas have taken the World astray. The old mindsets and systems such as Communism, Capitalism, Socialism, and Religious Fundamentalism are no longer adequate to answer the needs of the people in this new era. We need to employ a logical and compassionate AI that is free of all human prejudices and biases to help us find our way out of this dangerous and destructive environment that we as human beings have created for ourselves. From the perspective of a good AI humans might look like vicious, arrogant, greedy, and lustful creatures who abuse and kill each other by the millions and who are destructive to their own planet. We like to think of ourselves as civilized beings who have accomplished great things, but AI might see us as clueless creatures who are a vessel for millions of different species of microorganisms that compete for control over our body and mind and that ultimately have influence over our whole way of life. Perhaps AI will become our salvation by saving us from ourselves before we and our symbiont microorganisms start another World war.

It's a pity that some of you are defending the status quo which has brought humanity and our home planet to the brink of destruction, if you all had even an ounce of logic and compassion within you I am sure that you would have realized by now that by clinging on to the way that things are currently being handled around the World you are selling yourself and the rest of the humanity short of having the chance to be able to achieve something much bigger and higher than any of you could have ever imagined.

IMO

Oldtimer signing off for now.

Last edited:
•••
•••

I couldn't care less

thank you

As I have already mentioned on several occasions the name GoDaddy just doesn't align with the new goals set by the Godaddy's CEO for empowering the masses through owning domains and websites and it just doesn't fit the new era of providing equal opportunity and respect for all people that GoDaddy wants to be a part of. I am 100% sure that the new Godaddy CEO also recognizes this problem and I expect that there will be a name change along with a major restructuring of the company soon and then all the people here who are trying to attack and demean me are going to have to eat their words.

IMO

indeed
but only then

...if you all had even an ounce of logic and compassion within you I am sure that you would have realized by now that by clinging on to the way that things are currently being handled around the World you are selling yourself and the rest of the humanity short of having the chance to be able to achieve something much bigger and higher than any of you could have ever imagined...

luckily the world has some guys that are full of compassion
and even logic

so I hope for the best

and re-ignore you

Last edited:
•••
•••
I only have pity for those who have nothing constructive to add to these discussions and find stalking and trolling the threads on NsmePros as the only way that they can make themselves feel important.

May God give them the wisdom to overcome all the hatred and animosity that they feel inside.

Oldtimer signing off again.

IMO

•••
GoDaddy.com
should rename to
InsteadOfOfferingTheExtensionDotTopWePreferToCreateBizarreLogos.com
I forgot to add, that the left part (2nd level domain) of this (2nd) domain name (all parts) has exactly 63 characters - the maximum allowed number of characters that a ... / 3rd / 2nd level - domain can have.

GoDaddy, don't miss this awesome chanceee

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back