Dynadot

question What job would want Domainer experience?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Allgoodnamesaretaken

Established Member
Impact
Hello

Im wondering if there are companies that would hire someone with beginner skills in domain flipping. Only thing related to it I can think off is SEO companies, but they usually want someone with 2+ years experience (It's a common trend in normal jobs aswell, come on man, you need someone with 5 years experience to make excel lists?).

What jobs would need skills that are needed for domaining? Making portfolio is a good idea anyways, though Im not even sure if I even sell few domains, would intrest any employers.

Thanks for all your awnwsers and ideas!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you sell domains, why would you even want a job? :xf.smile::xf.smile:

•••
•••
As a full time job, doubtful. My domaining skills have come in handy with some of my employers though.

I've negotiated some deals for employers, and just found some great names for a consulting client that we are using for new brands.

•••
If you sell domains, why would you even want a job? :xf.smile::xf.smile:

Because I've just started and Im looking for a job in general xD. If I manage to sell any of my domains, that would give me confidence into doing it full time (If you have time, could you check my thread about domain prices Im selling? Saw you in a lot of threads and Im a fan, Monke man).

And you know, it would be cool if someone would pay me to learn stuff that I want to learn anyways :D

•••
•••
As a full time job, doubtful. My domaining skills have come in handy with some of my employers though.

I've negotiated some deals for employers, and just found some great names for a consulting client that we are using for new brands.

So it's a "Not really, but if you have that skill it's cool" ?

•••
@Allgoodnamesaretaken As a new account you may have restrictions, not sure. If you look at the "report" button, the buttons for "like, dislike, thank, agree, disagree" etc are all there in each chat just to the right of it

Last edited:
•••
@Allgoodnamesaretaken As a new account you may have restrictions, not sure. If you look at the "report" button, the buttons for "like, dislike, thank, agree, disagree" etc are all there in each chat just to the right of it

Nope, don't have it. Guess I have to wait or be more active. Just Imagine I've liked your post :xf.wink:

•••
Private Equity , maybe or a consulting firm but you would need other business experience. My company is looking for sales people if open to chatting dm me.

•••
I will just start the seo company with my names. Actually prove sales and people will hire.

Last edited:
•••
Because I've just started and Im looking for a job in general xD. If I manage to sell any of my domains, that would give me confidence into doing it full time (If you have time, could you check my thread about domain prices Im selling? Saw you in a lot of threads and Im a fan, Monke man).

And you know, it would be cool if someone would pay me to learn stuff that I want to learn anyways :D

Well, I am pretty sure you can get a job with some of the domainers here, but it's gonna be a pure marketing one. Do reaching to potential customers, outbound campaigns, social media profiles management, presentations, maybe phone calls etc.
Here are some people that claim they have teams for this precisely, so, you may want to post it in the ''Jobs'' section here on NamePros. And, as I've seen, you already have some offers to talk about in this thread.
Good Luck!!

•••
Welcome to Namepros! Its a side effect from computer programming along time ago, Do you have computer programming experience or website development skills, that is more what they would look for. This is a rogue go along with something else field. good luck. :)

•••
Welcome to Namepros! Its a side effect from computer programming along time ago, Do you have computer programming experience or website development skills, that is more what they would look for. This is a rogue go along with something else field. good luck. :)

I know a bit about wordpress and if I need a code for something I just google it, other than that programming is just to boring for me :s

•••
Private Equity , maybe or a consulting firm but you would need other business experience. My company is looking for sales people if open to chatting dm me.

Can't send private messages due to having non-premium account :bigtears:

•••
Assuming you don't really understand S.E.O. (because most people don't, even if they think they do) I would recommend designing and developing websites. Or if you want to do something related work for or start an Ebay/Amazon/Alibaba/Shopify/independent ecom business. Those type of jobs aren't frequently advertised but you can find storefronts and contact them. Remember it's ALL ABOUT WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE. Nobody cares about or has time for anything else. Get your main skills across and state clearly what you are offering. No feathers. No massaging egos. Lay your best chickens on the table and name a price.

Last edited:
•••
Hello

Im wondering if there are companies that would hire someone with beginner skills in domain flipping. Only thing related to it I can think off is SEO companies, but they usually want someone with 2+ years experience (It's a common trend in normal jobs aswell, come on man, you need someone with 5 years experience to make excel lists?).

What jobs would need skills that are needed for domaining? Making portfolio is a good idea anyways, though Im not even sure if I even sell few domains, would intrest any employers.

Thanks for all your awnwsers and ideas!
Good day. I would not so boldly assert that if you sold a couple of domains, it could calmly interest the employers. Moreover, if you are recommended by people who have worked with you and have received excellent results from you. In general, I - create stories for Instagram on order. I found for myself the best application for this - instagram story video maker, because it is unrealistically convenient, with a light and stylish interface, it also attracts an abundance of effects. In general, use it if it comes in handy :)

•••
I work for my wife for 36 years.
No salary no insurance, just free meals and a place to sleep at night.

•••
At least you get free meals lol

•••
If you have a proven track record of selling domain names doing outbound marketing, that skill set would be applicable to a wide range of B2B - business to business type sales positions.

•••
Sell your own or sell others, the skill you need is sales. Plenty of opps in sales globally.

•••
Sell your own or sell others, the skill you need is sales. Plenty of opps in sales globally.
You have a cat in your profile picture, does that mean we should fight?

•••
•••
Please keep making these funny wife comments. Cheers me up when weather is sh1t and I have flu poo.

•••
•••
Back