Dynadot

discuss What is your opinion in xyz extension?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domainsg

Established Member
Impact
what is your opinion in xyz extension?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
sales in xyz are not afew little sales ..cant compare even to mobi sales
co and biz were not that popular as they are now
so we will see what will happen with the .xyz

•••
It's all guesswork. It's an easy extension to market and because of that I think it has some scope. I've invested a relatively small amount in it.

•••
Personally, I like the xyz extension. I hope it does well. I think I registered about 10-20 domains, but don't plan on selling for lots of money. Frankly, I will be happy IF I can sell for $20/domain. Profit is profit. It's not a career for me.
As far as spam goes, any website that I don't go to directly or through search engines are spam. It doesn't matter if it's a .com.

•••
If you hold 100 .XYZ domains, how many serious offers have your received in the last year? If your XYZ sales are more than renewals, then keep holding on to your best names. If you have no offers, then perhaps you need to drop some (because apparently no one wants them).

Your missing the point. No one is investing in xyz to sell in the current market.

The investment is in anticipation of demand at some point in the future, not because it exists already.

•••
While it is true that outbound marketing to end users who were not looking to buy a domain name has a very, very low conversion rate, passively waiting for end users to come to you also means waiting a few years (even for a .COM). How many years are you willing to fund a negative cash flow portfolio if the market for a particular TLD seems to be minimal? Again, registry sales and sales by other domain investors don't help your wallet. (i.e. someone sold Sharks.tv for $15k recently and I have many more business-oriented domains than "sharks")

•••
While it is true that outbound marketing to end users who were not looking to buy a domain name has a very, very low conversion rate, passively waiting for end users to come to you also means waiting a few years (even for a .COM). How many years are you willing to fund a negative cash flow portfolio if the market for a particular TLD seems to be minimal? Again, registry sales and sales by other domain investors don't help your wallet. (i.e. someone sold Sharks.tv for $15k recently and I have many more business-oriented domains than "sharks")

Your assuming my entire portfolio is .xyz. It isn't. The rest of my portfolio will support my relatively small investment.

•••
It's most probably useless for the time being. We'll see in 5 years or so.

•••
•••
yes i agree with you omar it doesnt make sense but also jkhg.com and gfdr.com and most 4l.com dont make sense to me but they are selling as investment....i think .xyz became popular because google has taken a name on this extension..

we will see what will happen with this extension

•••
Ok. You're right. .xyz is king.

You win.

-Omar

•••
Name Administration (Frank Schilling's company) owns more than 251 thousand domains (source Domaintools Whois)
.COM 227k
.Net 23k
.Org 0.9k
.Info 0.1k
XYZ only 1 Uniregistry

The largest domain investor on the planet HugeDomains.com owns more than 2.0 million domains

.COM more than 2.0 million
.Net 10k
.Info only 1
.Org only 3
.XYZ NONE

Why do two of the largest players in the industry have so many .COM domains and so few nTLDs (other than FS's TLDs held in reserve)?

:)

•••
What is your opinion in xyz extension? Trash.

It is hard to have an unlimited amount of less than $1 registrations and get any widespread,
meaningful end user development. The lower the fees the more spams and scams there will be.

Brad

•••
It's time to resign.xyz for new gtld words combination

•••
Its just like a .com.
If xyz started as an extension before .com, everyone would say .com as spam now.

My point is .com came first, ruled the web.
Xyz entered the boat lately, we should wait and see.

Couldnt agree more with you :)

•••
Well to look at an extension this way, what does .com, .net, .org, .io, .me,.. etc. stand for or mean? And yeah, we know what they were 'supposed' to mean or stand for, but no one uses or buys them for their 'intended' meanings (except maybe by a 'very' few). So other than the new gTLDs that are actually words, 98% of legacy extensions are not used for their meanings or for making sense, they're just established and already known by the masses as an 'extension'. Extensions only really mean something to domainers, who want to trade in them, and that boils down to only caring about the most popular and coveted ones, not to what they mean.

I'll respectfully have to disagree with you mate.

Yes, the majority of the extensions didn't had any known meaning to end-users back then, but that's definitely not the case right now. Now people and businesses are Internet literate and know what fits best for their businesses when it comes to the online presence.

Secondly, back then it was the birth of the Internet, so for people, everything was interesting about the it. But when the audience matured about domains and the whole Internet thingy, we are now even seeing companies using .IO extensions and even .XYZ this year. So basically it's not what it actually 'means', what matters is 'does it make sense to their business or to the product it (the domain) will be used with'. Google's Alphabet domain is a perfect example of it (abc.xyz).

Thirdly, us domainers can easily still flip .com, .net, .org, even .us to end-users but I haven't seen any noted .xyz sales from fellow domainers here (other than few at namebio), even when people are buying .xyz like crazy and making it in the news every now and then. So like I said, it's about the sense a domain extension adds to a business, it's has nothing to do with the fame or popularity of domain extensions, at least not in 2015 and onward.

Accepting that .xyz does have a little charm in it, but it has limited audience/usage (end users that is), and just by becoming a hot extension for few reasons, this extension won't be replacing .com ever.

Just my 2 cents of course.

•••
I'm expecting that the worth something, I bought very good names...

•••
A real estate agency near where I live has a four-keyword triple-hyphenated domain with two words which are abbreviated. Perhaps the ideal domain for them would be

PalmBeachRealEstate.com
WestPalmBeachRealEstate.com
WPBRE.com

or something similar. Of course the best choices were taken and they obviously place no value on branding using a domain name. But they did not choose a .Net or .Info or any nTLD. If you want a domain for your business, what is your decision-making process? Of course the most logical .COM domains are taken. Ditto for the best .Net domains. What is your third choice? How far down the list of keywords, brandables and available TLDs do you go before selecting a .XYZ? Then if the XYZ is taken along with all possible keyword combinations in dozens of extensions, are you going to actually pay a premium for a .XYZ?

The key selling point of the new TLDs was keyword availability. Now that speculators are grabbing every possible combination even in crap extensions, where are end users going to revert back to?

•••
here mine

daggers.xyz
betinlasvegas.xyz
betinvegas.xyz
bjcn88.xyz
bjcn888.xyz
calltome.xyz
changecash.xyz
daggers.xyz
deliverynow.xyz
dollarfast.xyz
earncash.xyz
eurofast.xyz
findalove.xyz
helpchildren.xyz
inyourhouse.xyz
poundfast.xyz
showmethemoney.xyz
traveltobrazil.xyz
traveltocaribe.xyz
traveltolasvegas.xyz
traveltolosangeles.xyz
traveltomiami.xyz
traveltonewyork.xyz
traveltousa.xyz
washcar.xyz
winlottery.xyz
wondertravel.xyz
yourwishlist.xyz

•••
thank you everyone
and those who think .xyz is a spam...what do you think about the latest sales?
you cant ignore that there are alot of sales lately in .xyz check namebio.com

however i dont have any xyz domain right now but i am thinking of investing in it.
There are many new extension out there. Some are good and some are worthless; repeated. ( Example: .biz & .business ). I think the newer TDN that make sense are the valuable; and will eventually increase the value. .xyz is short extension, aiming to new generation. Generation, from trend tech and xx & xy generations. You will get my idea. I have few .xyz & .club.. I only invest name that aren't used much..

•••
It means that your pants are unzipped.

Seriously, though, I like it BECAUSE it doesn't mean anything.
Silly :)

•••
•••
Miami.Condos
Premium.Domains
Caribbean.Vacations
Plastic.Surgery
Running.Shoes

Domains like these are the real gems between new gTLDs ...
Looks cool :)

•••
Why is it people like to talk about only .xyz ? Is it because it is already Verisign 0 XYZ 2 ? lol :P

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back