NameLot

What Is Your Highest Ratio of Final Price To First Offer?

Labeled as strategy in Domain Buying and Selling Discussion, started by Bob Hawkes, Nov 18, 2020

Replies:
Views:

?

What was the largest ratio of a final sales price to the first offer received?

1. Maximum ratio of Less Than 3

16 votes
    22.2%
  2. Ratio of 3-10

16 votes
    22.2%
  3. Ratio of 10-25

13 votes
    18.1%
  4. Ratio of 25-50

6 votes
    8.3%
  5. Ratio of 50-100

8 votes
    11.1%
  6. Ratio of more than 100

13 votes
    18.1%
Total: 72 vote(s)
  1. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

It is inspiring to hear cases where a low first offer, perhaps at the minimum possible, after negotiation, resulted in a very nice final price paid. What is the highest ratio you have personally achieved? For example, did you once have a minimum offer of $50 that resulted in a $5000 sale, for a ratio of 100?

Please share in the comments additional details and reflections on large final to initial offer ratios.

This is part of a NamePros community series of polls around the topic of setting minimum offer amounts. Read the central article here, and vote in that poll, as well as the linked ones to fully participate. Thank you for participating.

Thank you very much for your input. I will be summarizing the polls and the comments in a future NamePros Blog post on the topic of setting the minimum offer amount.

Bob

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. BradWilson

BradWilson Upgraded Member Gold Account

My highest ratio was 50 when a $100 first offer turned into a $5,000 final sale.

3. DNPush

DNPush Established Member

$500 to $2500, just 5.:xf.frown:

4. pb

pb Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

initial offer: 10 PLN
    my counter-offer: 12500 PLN
    -> accepted
    so 1250:1 ratio

5. garptrader

garptrader Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Generally speaking first offers are a good indication of how serious a buyer you are dealing with. Potential buyers may submit an initial offer a bit below their max but my experience has been that if their initial offer is not at least 40% of a desired selling price, it is likely you will not come to an agreement.

Regardless, I was once contacted by Godaddy about a domain I had not listed at Afternic. I believe I had a $599 BIN on an EFTY lander but since Godaddy was representing the buyer they seemed to only be willing to offer $100 for a two-word .COM. I responded if that is their max offer then it is not worth my time to respond. I listed the domain at Afternic for $1500 and raised my Efty lander to $799. It sold via the marketplace listing several weeks later. The buyer was the chamber of commerce of a city with a population over 1 million. Previously they were using a new TLD domain.

6. DomainRecap

DomainRecap Top Contributor VIP

With so many lowball $20 GD offers, it's easy to go above 100X when you get finally get a sale.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice