NameSilo

What is Your Happiest Moment in the Domain Business So Far!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

elevator

DNCombo.comTop Member
Impact
I just felt we should try to make some startup domainers happy and encouraged by posting the happiest moment and how you come by the moment which some of us so far had in domain sales, ever before.

I know many people have some good stories to tell us here! This will surely encourage even me to do more and gain some ideas from your stories.

My own happiest moment was when I recently sold a seven Ns at namesilo.com market for just $100 only. I thought it was over for such domain to go in the market, I was even waiting for it to self drop and forget about it. but to my surprised to wake up on that very morning, found a message that says "congratulation, your sales of ------ .com completed and here is the link to your payment and valla! got the money at stipulated time.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not that I don't have nice sales under my belt, and I do enjoy every single one of them, but even more gratifying for me is finding that needle in the haystack and hitting that pay button. And then you just stare at it in your account for a good 10 minutes and feel all warm and fuzzy inside. The joy.
I'm the same way: I like buying more than selling except on special occasions.

•••
i got the domain :

stephanus.org for free ( promotion on one.com ) with webspace
8 month later i got a email
so i sold it for 3000.-Euro

:xf.wink:

•••
•••
•••
As primarily parking investors don't sell very much but sold Cupping.com a couple years ago to a user. It was a hand reg from 2000. Got mid 4 figures for it which I was pretty happy with and then my most jealous moment was at the summer Olympics when the term "cupping" got huge airplay because of Phelps and others using cupping therapy. Who knows what it could of sold for with all that free press? My timing typically sucks.
The once every few months $50-$75 click are also pretty happy moments.

•••
Selling a 4 months old handreg for 2k euro.

•••
The happiest moment is when I get home and my wife is not there.

•••
•••
I am reading some of your stories and feel a bit jealous. Wow, I did not imagine that you could earn that much from domains. So far my proudest moment would be a sale for The/Royal dot Family. The price wasn't a big, it was a low xxx but the story of how I sold it is kinda funny because one day I received the email from a mr. Kings. Yup, that;s right, Mr/ Kings. AND HE WAS FROM NIGERIA. Everyone know what's up with this country. At first I thought that this was a scam mail but about ~30 messages later we agreed on a price and I sold this domain without any problems later. I think that I got about 500% profit.

•••
mine was when i first started and got my first inbound sale , it was not a lot i think around $180 profit but it was my first inbound and it got me hooked on domains ever since ;)

•••
Happiest moments are the discovery of great names, and then the learning of new sales methods.
Also best sale was $35 hand regged New TLD and selling for $3900 a year later through inbound SEDO enquiry..

•••
The happiest moment is when I get home and my wife is not there.
Dude you cracked me here :)))
You made my day!

•••
my happiest moment was when i made my first sale at xxxx i was ready to quit domaining and i felt like a failure i was 6 months in ... and boom there it was..

•••
There were and are many happy moments in domaining career but so far the standout was when I sold Symphony.com for $375,000 in 2014.

Thats Awesome , Let us know how much you bought it for if possible

•••
When i hand registered a dropped domain and the very next day i sold it to the previous owner for xxxx$

And when a .in domain which i bought for 3 $ sold for 550 $ in two days

•••
My happiest moment was when i sold a hand reg within one month for $6K

•••
my happiest moment was when i made my first sale at xxxx i was ready to quit domaining and i felt like a failure i was 6 months in ... and boom there it was..

Yap! Such is live, when you thought it has finished; It was then you are elevated by HIS grace. Congrats and cheers.

•••
My happiest moment was when i sold a hand reg within one month for $6K

That's great...would you be able to share the name?

•••
Happiest moment was getting an email titled " OFFER TO PURCHASE _______.COM "

only to find out i needed a domain appraisal certificate, credit card number, and my whole life for the deal to complete.

•••
•••
I'm most happy when I get the domain I really want to develop!! DNMania.com, BrandNames.club, Webby.club and Lyrics.club are a few. Also felt awesome when a short 2 word (7 char) generic phrase domain I was eying for years dropped and I found it available without tracking it (I was sure that it would never be let-go so didn't even bother adding it to tracking).

Sales: I would never forget when I sold a one word .ME and a one word .CLUB domain for $2XXX each a few months after hand registering them. Made me continue to believe in my developing skills on picking the right ones.

Last edited:
•••
My happiest moment was when i hit my 500th sale. Actually I dunno the actual happiest.

•••
This is motivating! We need more

•••
Two happiest moments:

#1: Hand-registered usa.wiki for $29, then 6 weeks later sold it for $4,000.

#2: Noticed an IDN.IDN sell at auction for $16,000; two years later domain owner never renewed and I registered this same domain for $39.18. Have not sold it yet, but so far I've seen similar names within this category sell for $70k. I'm waiting a little while longer for the extension to become more popular to sell it for 7-figures.

•••
Has that extension .IDN been released ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back