Dynadot

opinion What is the worst recommendation you hear in the world of Domain Name Investing?

NameSilo
Watch

kartikahuja

Established Member
Impact
The one people shared in my initial days was - just get anything that looks good on GoDaddy / EstiBot Appraisal. It will definitely sell.

Later, I realised many things that were responsible for an Appraisal such as past data, keywords, what is the value in the end-users mind. I also had an experience where Appraisal showed the value less than $100 was sold for more than $1500 to the end-user.

What was that one worst recommendation you have heard people sharing?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The common belief that domain business is GET RICH QUICK.

•••
Most of the examples provided are interesting, since the way they've been presented could make them good or bad, depending on the context and the additional details.

There really is no "bad" advice in domaining, since virtually every possible approach we discuss has worked for at least a few people at one time or another.

Some advice is misguided, uninformed, or lacking in actionable detail/context. That doesn't make it bad. That just makes it an opportunity for you to ask "why". Ask it enough and keep an open mind, and you may see that it was good advice after all.

•••
The upbeat meaning of .top tells people and reminds you to be confident, positive, always to go for the best and reach the top.
.TOP domain is only 6 CNY for Members now at Openprovider

•••
worst is new.net .eth and .crypto (dapps or smart contracts cannot connect a .com with another .com)
is sunk costs
never 100% compatible one public internet is "no net neutrality"=All DOMAINS

email !
irc !
dial-up !
API !

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back