Domain Empire

.tv What is the value of premium LL.tv domains currently?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just trying to gauge what a fair reseller price is at the moment for premium LL.tv domains.

Anyone please?

Thanks
Dave

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Last bump.. Shame to see this forum so inactive now.. :\

•••
fair price for reseller
mid xxx ..
i'm noob so thats it.

•••
hu tv was in auction at nj in Feb

high bid of $5K, did not meet reserve

•••
•••
I agree that it is a shame this area of namepros has gone quiet - but it comes and goes in waves as we see each little season of big sales (it's a boom - we're all going to be rich) and then a season of a small number of reported sales (it's a doom - we're all going to go broke!).

Possibly the other reason that so few want to write anything here - is that the two-letter names are pretty much the holy grail of .tv - have been involved in a lot of high profile large sales - and are so few in number that not too many want to share info.

I would suggest that the first thing is the size of the premium. Anything above $500 a year is seen as madness for a domainer to be carrying - although there are quite a few out there that are owned by corporations and larger companies that are still five figures a year. The enduser price is as high as the highest public price we've seen for a two-letter name with a premium which was the $60k plus made by JohnTV when he sold RT.tv

Personally, I wouldn't buy any two-letter name that had a premium - except those that are below $250 a year, and on every occasion I have done in the past it was to drop them myself and be (hopefully) first in line at picking them back up without the annual premium.

The problem with owning a premium two-letter .tv is that everyone knows that there are far more two-letter .tv's that are not premium. So, think about it, would you be happy paying $1000 a year for a name when you know the next guy is paying a pretty standard $24 a year to renew theirs?

With regard to standard reg two-letter names the world is your oyster - indeed, it was only a few weeks ago that Michael Berkens sold SC.tv for $40k.

•••
Part of the answer lies in average prices for reported LL.tv sales. But you also have to consider the unsold domains. Those that are still subject to legacy premium pricing may be harder to sell. Overall, I don't think the liquidity is the same as in other TLDs. Answer: hard to answer :)

•••
Thank you all for your input. Much appreciated and has given me food for thought. :)

•••
hu tv was in auction at nj in Feb

high bid of $5K, did not meet reserve

That bid of $5,000 was placed by Jim's partner,Ammar (qfco),in a similar scenario described here...

https://www.namepros.com/threads/please-explain-this-to-me-shill-bidding-now-at-namejet-com.848987/

http://www.imageupload.co.uk/image/5X1b

With that being said,I don't really think you should use that number as an indicative of a fair market value.A more realistic one would be that one of $1,900 placed by "sek".
In my opinion,I doubt you'll find someone paying more than $1,500 for a LL.tv in the reseller market at the moment.Dot tv isn't dot com...

•••
In my opinion,I doubt you'll find someone paying more than $1,500 for a LL.tv in the reseller market at the moment.Dot tv isn't dot com...

I have had four two-letter sales in the past few months (only one I think has been made public until now) ...

PI sold for $13,000 via private sale (enduser)

HR sold for $16,000 via Sedo (enduser)

and MU and TM to a reseller

The final two prices are between myself and the reseller but I can assure you that they were considerably in excess of the $1500 you state is the highest possible at the moment.

That said, I feel I should also re-state that I personally would not even want to buy for any amount any two-letter name that was a premium of higher than $250 a year.

•••
Can you backorder a LL.tv somewhere? Or the registry reserves it once an LL goes to pendingdelete?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back