IT.COM

What is the 'opposite' word / term (antonyme) of the word / term 'TOP'?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

THTMVATMEDNOATTop Member
Impact
THE ANTONYMs OF TOP

According to the new gTLD .top (which now exists 1 year already) I hereby start a thread in which everyone is welcome to write his opinion/s about what is 'the opposite word / term' (antonym) of the word / term 'TOP'.

Please Note:
Meant is NOT the 'opposite (antonym)' of the new gTLD '.top' itself - we all know that's not possible of course; a domain extension itself does not (can not) have an 'opposite (antonym) domain extension'.

Of course a word / term too hasn't allways an exact opposite word / term (antonym) - but meant is a 'near opposite sense of it (the word / term)' and according to the wide meaning/s of the word / term 'TOP' there is more than one possibility for an 'opposite' word / term (antonym) of it.

So let me start with one of my opinions:
One opposite word / term (antonym) of the word / term TOP could be the word / term LOW

So, let all know 'your best TOPPOSITEs (antonyms)' here! ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is there any point to this?

Opposite of top is bottom.

•••
inferior, poor, secondary, subordinate, unimportant, bad, below, least, lower, minor, submissive, low, lowest, second-rate =>here

•••
crap, regfee... when it comes to domains

•••
•••
Bottom is the opposite of top. And always will be. I too don't see the point of this thread.

•••
Bottom is the opposite of top. And always will be. I too don't see the point of this thread.
pointless, another antonym...

•••
If we look f. e. at http://www.thefreedictionary.com/top we can see how many meanings the word / term 'top' can have / in how many ways the word / term 'top' can be used.
So, referring to this fact, we see that the word / term 'top' conversely can have many antonyms.

But I prefer & recommend to use the 'origin' antonym of all possible antonyms:
Namely the positive word / term 'top' ;)

Last edited:
•••
According to one of the definitions on the link you provided...
top - the upper part of anything; "the mower cuts off the tops of the grass"; "the title should be written at the top of the first page"

(so opposite of "upper" is "lower")

But , in my opinion the "top" answer for opposite of top would be "bottom"

•••
It's all relative, but I would say the opposite of top is 'enduser desirable"

•••
Well, I am the TOP guy in our house.
My wife said I could say that.

•••
I'm gonna think outside the box here:

POT

•••
•••
•••
We can see: There are many (also previously unknown) topposites!
Great, more please!

So, what is YOUR topposite?

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Only if it is VEGAN pizza crust...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back