IT.COM

poll What is the most you would spend on a domain in the aftermarket?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What's the most you'd pay for a domain in the aftermarket?

• 1st

Nothing; I only hand reg

votes
    16.7%
  • 2nd

$101 to $499

votes
    12.6%
  • 3rd

$500 to $999

votes
    12.1%
  • 4th

$100

votes
    11.8%
  • 5th

$100,000 or more

votes
    10.0%
  • 6th

$5,001 to $9,999

votes
    6.6%
  • 7th

$1,000

votes
    6.3%
  • 8th

$2,000

votes
    5.8%
  • 9th

$10,000 to $24,999

votes
    4.8%
  • 10th

$5,000

votes
    4.5%
  • 11th

$3,000

votes
    3.1%
  • 12th

$25,000 to $49,999

votes
    2.6%
  • 13th

$50,000 to $99,999

votes
    2.3%
  • 14th

$4,000

votes
    1.0%

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
This would be for an investment not for your company for development. Vote and feel free to give a reason for your vote if you like.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last year I bought a 4L chips domain when it won at a price of $ 550 hoping to be resold above $ 1000, then I saw namepros.com/threads/4l-com-chips-are-going-down-due- to-a-scandal.1090377 / that the price of domain chips fell, but I had to sell this domain in order to buy another domain. at that time I thought that if I held it too long I would still lose, then I sold it for $ 450, I was lucky to sell it at that price. people I know keep long chips they have to sell for $ 300

I am in a dilemma, holding the domain too long but still losing it or selling it immediately and losing better than the others, but buying a new domain that can restore my losses

•••
I said $3K, but that’s more of a cash flow limitation for me right now than anything else. There are millions of opportunities, but patience and timing are important aspects of investment strategy. You can’t just throw money around in this industry and expect to succeed.

•••
The $1000 option makes no sense because there's a $500 to $999 before it. It should be $500-$999 then $2000. Just saying.

•••
25K to 50K For a unmolested .com that i would use for a new startup business, and i am being a cheapo too lol.

•••
Depend :rolleyes:

Last edited:
•••
There's really no "most". It depends on the name and cost to value.

I'd scrape together 100k for a domain that I knew would resell for a 10%+ profit in a heartbeat.

The most I have spent to date is about 4500.

•••
If its for a company/service I'll be developing, I rather hand register so as to eliminate the possibility of the domain being penalized by Google earlier or the domain used for some notorious activities (email spamming, adult site, etc.)

But, if its for buying & selling, depends. I go with the situation in front of me for this.

•••
$6,200 for a 3L few years back

•••
So 15 have voted for $100k and above, but interestingly only 6 have voted for between 25k and $99K. Now we know why the auction prices are getting driven up:xf.smile:

•••
I put $100k+ ... I mean if it is a high quality 1 word dictionary .com or LL.com for a good price then yes.

•••
The most I have paid to date for any name was 5K.

Deleted.com 5k (buyer)
Deceivers.com 1k (buyer)
Slabaugh.com 3k (buyer) (my last name)
Holylandpark.com 1K (seller)

There are others, but those come to mind.

•••
i paid max in expired auction 400 USD in my beginning of domaining ..
now i dont participate in auctions anymore just do backorders to see what is selling how much price and pace of names plus how many bidders came thats it.

•••
25K to 50K For a unmolested .com that i would use for a new startup business, and i am being a cheapo too lol.

What is unmolested name?

•••
What is unmolested name?

It is a domain name without much of a history as far as a development as a website, a name that was never used in a negative way to deceive or misrepresent.

•••
•••
whatever it takes to buy a decent LLL /com and have enough space for profit. I did not vote because I don't know until get in such a situation at a time I have enough funds available.

•••
Currently the max I pay is $20 , but sometimes $100 up to $150 , simple , I am focusing to increase my portfolio for 5000 domains then sell it all at once . I was more into hand reg. my methods work great , but normally the buyer will come after 2 up to 4 years . While from the drop or expired domains the buyer will buy it direct in some cases ! .

•••
Till date, most i paid is $230. But i am willing to pay any amount if i have conviction to sale it in a year.

•••
There could be a domain worth $5,000 and the seller had it registered at NameCheap and I wouldn't pay $5 for it if it meant I had to deal with that registrar

•••
There could be a domain worth $5,000 and the seller had it registered at NameCheap and I wouldn't pay $5 for it if it meant I had to deal with that registrar
Agreed. Namecheap are awful.

•••
Normally hang-reg or under $200, but one I had to have and paid $3,000. It's interesting that your poll shows a significant drop after $999, but then goes up again after the drop?

Last edited:
•••
Back