Dynadot

discuss Polling?

NameSilo
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
The topic of "polling" has always interested me, so much so I just registered a domain similar to, but not exactly like PersonalPolls.com.

I've come to the conclusion that most if not all polls are biased, and some more than others. It's said that "promises are made to be broken" and the same sort of thing can be said for polls:xf.smile:

I created "Personal Polls", to teach people how to conduct their own personal poll(s). Wouldn't you trust your own poll vs. a poll that someone else created? I know I would.

I'll give you an example of a personal poll you can conduct for yourself, and I think a sampling of 100 participants is enough to come up with a fair and reasonable result. Lets just take the last Presidential election here in the US. If I were to identify 50 voters who voted for Hillary Clinton and asked, would you vote for her or for her party again? Then identify 50 Trump voters, and ask each of them, would you vote for him again?

Folks...it's really that simple. I believe I'm unusual in that I voted for Hillary Clinton the last election, and if asked (interesting in 50 years of voting I've never been polled) if I would vote for her or a democrat again, I'd have to say no.

Polls here on NP are pretty straight forward, and i would consider them "personal" in nature. I tend to trust them, however I can see bias even in some to the NP polls. Your comments and "opinions" are appreciated(y)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back