Dynadot

What is the fastest I can have a domain I just purchased become transferrable?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sam1234

Top Member
Impact
I had someone do account-to-account transfer through Godaddy and my domains can't be transferred for some time. Is there another way for me to get the domains that does require this wait time before I can trade the domain away again?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Push could be anytime within the registrar while transfer out is after 60 days

•••
•••

Last edited:
•••
•••
Don't some registrars place a restriction on a second push?

•••
•••
Don't some registrars place a restriction on a second push?
Good question. I am not aware of any but then again it hasn't come up for me. @Haykay2005 doesn't think so, anyone has definitive experience otherwise?

•••
Nothing concrete, but I can't recall seeing anything on registrars' sites saying there were limits on second pushes.

•••
Nothing concrete, but I can't recall seeing anything on registrars' sites saying there were limits on second pushes.

I seem to remember seeing it on one of the major registrar's site, but I can't remember which one. It would make escrow difficult where the escrow company takes control of the name as part of the transfer.

•••
I had someone do account-to-account transfer through Godaddy and my domains can't be transferred for some time. Is there another way for me to get the domains that does require this wait time before I can trade the domain away again?

Contact Godaddy support. I believe they can remove the ICANN 60 day lock. Last time I inquired about it when an end user wanted the domain with another registrar they were willing to do so but they requested an insane amount of documentation to proceed. I had it registered under a company name and they wanted all my company documents scanned. Tax docs, company certs.

•••
Contact Godaddy support. I believe they can remove the ICANN 60 day lock. Last time I inquired about it when an end user wanted the domain with another registrar they were willing to do so but they requested an insane amount of documentation to proceed. I had it registered under a company name and they wanted all my company documents scanned. Tax docs, company certs.
They can renoveit if the domain was not registred in the last 60 days. This seems to be the only lock they can't remove.

Also here's the email should be sent at [email protected]

•••
Any issues with other registrars? I want to try to sell a few domains. They are all at different registrars and I'm not sure which ones I can sell right now and which ones I can't. Any tips?

•••
The 60 day lock is completely unchangeable if the domain was registered in the last 60 days. The only way to sell this kind of domain is via a push.

If it was transferred or renewed then you may be able to lift the lock depending on the registrar.

•••
I know that GD initiates a 60 day lock when WHOIS is updated, not just when registered. Do other registrars do this besides GD?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back