NameSilo

What is the best wordpress theme for simply listing all your domains for sale?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TampaDomains

Established Member
Impact
I always hate looking thru a ton of themes. What is a simple theme to make a nice list of my domain names for sale and link to sales page somewhere?

I am sure its really simple but I am trying to over complicate it. I have put up several WP sites before.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just to clarify I mean listing all my domains on 1 wordpress site. Like a portfolio.

•••
There are a coupe of post about this. There is not just 1 that is the king but it depends on how much you want to develop out the site and such. I myself have a template from Telsa themes and it does me justice

•••
What is the name of it? any free recommends?

•••
You can pretty much use any free theme. Then, you can use the free TablePress plugin to load all your domains into nice table layouts. I like it because you can just import your spreadsheet of all your domains in one click.

You can also go the route of a Woocommerce enabled free theme, then use woocommerce to show and sell your domains. i use a plugin to upload all domains into woocommerce.

There's a couple of leads for you! :)

•••
hmm never heard of that plug in, will check it out.
Do you have to have a business bank account to use woocommerce?
Like most cc processors you need a business bank account.

•••
no, woocommerce works fine with your paypal

•••
Do you want to host the sales page? If not, then don't use WordPress.

Have a look at a flat file cms like GetSimple CMS. You don't need a database to list domains and the headaches and updates that come with it. Its also far faster to not use a database.

•••
I have hosting so yes I want wordpress. I already have a domain name for the business and am using it so I can look more professional in emails, with a domain email and not gmail, etc.

Right now I have it forwarded to my listings at alternic but I don't like that. Would rather just have them on my website.

Still need to look at that table press mentioned earlier. That should be good.

I have had a hosting reseller for years. It costs nothing and I have a few people signed up and make some money from that and get really cheap hosting. So its a good deal.

•••
You've misunderstood my post. There are WordPress "Lites" now that are served faster and are easier to deal with. They use an xml file instead of a đatabase.

No good developer would recommend WP for what you're doing.

Edit: Apologies. I thought the thread title was "Is WordPress suitable..." for some reason so I was making suggestions. Nevermind my posts.

Last edited:
•••
Well that's the thing, I am not a developer. lol
I like easy. I do know some code and put a website years ago before I knew about WP but that was a PIA.

What is this "Lite" I would host it or have to pay some company each month to use it?

•••
Well that's the thing, I am not a developer. lol
I like easy. I do know some code and put a website years ago before I knew about WP but that was a PIA.

What is this "Lite" I would host it or have to pay some company each month to use it?
Hey I edited my post because I misread the title. Use WordPress if that's what you're comfortable with.

Anyways, these "lite" CMSs have admin pages, themes and plugins like WordPress but without the bloat and databases.
The admin pages (php) edit actual files instead of a database and then the page loads don't have to use a database either.

They're really popular for people who want to throw up a simple responsive site that won't need updating and won't get hacked.

You get the cheapest shared hosting possible (no database so performance is awesome), you unzip the files in your web directory like WordPress, skip the database part and then access example . com/admin to set it up.

It's very easy.

•••
Well I have not had a problem with performance with my hosting but the GD hacking attempts never stop. lol
I pay $40 a year for up to 5 websites. For $80 a year I could get unlimited websites.

•••
Going ultra-basic, you could just set default WP theme to use a static page and load up custom text/image, or add simple contact plugin.

•••
Started messing with TablePress, its pretty cool. I am too tired to figure it out now but it looks like that will work.

•••
Do you have to have a business bank account to use woocommerce?

no, woocommerce works fine with your paypal

Right, but you can use WooCommerce even without building an actual shop, with no sales function, only for getting your domains listed as items, with accurate tagging, categorizing, easy adding/deleting/output/control...

•••
Right, but you can use WooCommerce even without building an actual shop, with no sales function, only for getting your domains listed as items, with accurate tagging, categorizing, easy adding/deleting/output/control...

@golan is correct.

Whichever route you go you are going to need to keep best-in-practice SEO and design in mind. None of these templates or plugins are going to get that job done out of the box. They will have to be heavily modified.

If you have done WP sites before and know jquery/php/js/css/wp then you should be fine.

•••
You can pretty much use any free theme. Then, you can use the free TablePress plugin to load all your domains into nice table layouts. I like it because you can just import your spreadsheet of all your domains in one click.

You can also go the route of a Woocommerce enabled free theme, then use woocommerce to show and sell your domains. i use a plugin to upload all domains into woocommerce.

Is that the basic setup you're using for prycr.com?

Either way, thanks for the helpful and informative post!

•••
Is that the basic setup you're using for prycr.com?

Either way, thanks for the helpful and informative post!
No, I use alot more on Prycr.

•••

Thanks again for the TablePress. I set up my site with it and its great. Just what I wanted. I like the sorting and easy to delete and add others.

•••
Thanks again for the TablePress. I set up my site with it and its great. Just what I wanted. I like the sorting and easy to delete and add others.
It's a really cool plugin. Glad to help!

•••
•••
WP with WooCom works and is free.

•••
@TampaDomains .. you need to put a link to your site in your signature! ;)
I tried going to Tampa/Domains/dot/com and it tried installing something in my browser (so I'm assuming your site isn't that? lol)

@Bullock .. your links doesn't work either! :-/

I use TablePress for the daily lists at NameCult.

Now that NameCult is up and going I'm looking to do a WP marketplace myself as well .. so thanks to all for adding to this thread! :)

•••
I use the "wp puzzle" theme, because it is very simple.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back