IT.COM

poll What is the best escrow service: Escrow.com, Sedo, Uniregistry, Flippa, Payoneer, or Afternic?

NameSilo
Watch

What is the best escrow service in 2018?

• 64 votes
  • Ended 2 years ago
  • Final results

Platinums

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Their are other options too. Escrow.Domains comes right off the top of my head. There are probably others.

•••
I use Payoneer and Sedo escrow...

p.s. GD/Afternic is the worst definitely.

Last edited:
•••
If buyer is using credit card and I am paying fees then escrow.com. :)

•••
•••
Transferring to Epik and private listing sale in Epik's Marketplace (not Escrow). Instantenous and free. They do charge 5% to withdraw proceeds to PayPal, though.

•••
Escrow is great for any USA exchanges.

When dealing with a buyer or seller that is outside of the USA Escrow can be clumsy and take a very long time. Still, I would prefer that they do their due diligence and vet a buyer or seller before I send any money.

With Escrow I can 100% trust that I get my money, or I will get my domain.

•••
For me clearly Epik and NameSilo are the best.
From my $1000+ deals finalised this year:
5 went with Epik
3 went with NameSilo (one with payment plan)
1 went with undeveloped - also kind of a good option to consider but I kind of like to use the registrar for finalising the deal. It's cheaper and safer in my opinion.

•••
•••
How to use payoneer as a escrow service?

•••
•••
I use Payoneer and Sedo escrow...

p.s. GD/Afternic is the worst definitely.

GoDaddy use Escrow.com for transactions over $5K. I would presume Afternic are the same. I agree about the quality of service. GoDaddy completely wash their hands with the transaction and pass you over to Escrow.com. On 1 transaction, I had 2 Escrow.com tranasactions numbers. All my messages to the buyer fell on deaf ears. It's only after a month that they contacted me, and I noticed they had a different transaction number to me. Escrow.com couldn't find these 2 transaction numbers for the same domain. Amazing!

Since then I try to make all sales around the $5K mark under $5K.

Last edited:
•••
DN.com is also an escrow service. Never used them though, yet

•••
AfterNic and Flippa can't be considered escrow services imo.

•••
please vote
thanks

Dear Platinums,

I believe you somehow forgot Transpact.com, which transacts many domain and website transactions every day
(possibly many more than some others on your list).

The reason Transpact.com handles so many domain transactions is because it is extremely low cost (just €3.49 per transaction if in the EU, slightly more elsewhere) and very quick and efficient.

[Disclosure: I work for Transpact.com - but it is a great company]
[Pricing above is for a normal transactions up to €15,000 - higher fees apply above this level]

Last edited:
•••
Dear Platinums,

I believe you somehow forgot Transpact.com, which transacts many domain and website transactions every day
(possibly many more than some others on your list).

The reason Transpact.com handles so many domain transactions is because it is extremely low cost (just €3.49 per transaction if in the EU, slightly more elsewhere) and very quick and efficient.

[Disclosure: I work for Transpact.com - but it is a great company]
[Pricing above is for a normal transactions up to €15,000 - higher fees apply above this level]

Thanks for this post, will try Transpact escrow service in future.

•••
I lose a few weeks with GoDaddy... and 20% for awful service... and this is NOT about escrow.com
The same operations I do within 1-3 days at Sedo and Payoneer Escrow... and for 3% / 1.5%...

Last edited:
•••
•••
Will try very hard to never deal with Escrow.com.

After being their customer, at the same address, for ten years they suddenly decided that I need more vetting - when I had a $$$$$ sale waiting payment. It took four failures and 24 very stressful hours. Holding back a payment is the mortal sin of escrow. Still really angry at them.

•••
Has anyone added an escrow service to their website besides, Escrow.com.

Personally I find Payoneer Escrow way too restrictive, when buyers outside US can ONLY use CC up to $2k. And there are no other payment options for them. Not even wire transfers. I've taken this up with Brandon, but he's saying it's going to be 3-4 months before we see any changes.

•••
Has anyone added an escrow service to their website besides, Escrow.com.

Personally I find Payoneer Escrow way too restrictive, when buyers outside US can ONLY use CC up to $2k. And there are no other payment options for them. Not even wire transfers. I've taken this up with Brandon, but he's saying it's going to be 3-4 months before we see any changes.

Stub,
Have you tried or considered Transpact.com ?

Note - Transpact.com only transacts via wire transfer (which in the EU are free and immediate anyway), and does not allow credit card payments (since the company believes that any payment method which may be subject to chargeback is questionable for an escrow service).

•••
Add epik.com, escrow.domains, namesilo to the poll.

•••
Stub,
Have you tried or considered Transpact.com ?

Note - Transpact.com only transacts via wire transfer (which in the EU are free and immediate anyway), and does not allow credit card payments (since the company believes that any payment method which may be subject to chargeback is questionable for an escrow service).

I took a look at your offer. Domain pricing is mostly in dollars. I had a slightly hard time figuring out what the maximum price was above and below $10K. There seemed to be a lot of fine print to go thru which seemed (I'm not saying it does) to add fees. Can all the sellers costs be paid by the buyer in the API? I was also a tad leary of you asking for additional proof of ID after a transaction is established by the API. I would have thought payment would have established bone fide evidence of the buyer, since it comes from an (irreversible) bank wire transfer.

Last edited:
•••
@FairTrial - What do you accept as proof the domain has been delivered, so payment can be released?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back