IT.COM

poll What is the best escrow service: Escrow.com, Sedo, Uniregistry, Flippa, Payoneer, or Afternic?

NameSilo
Watch

What is the best escrow service in 2018?

• 64 votes
  • Ended 1 year ago
  • Final results

Platinums

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Does it work as pure 3rd party escrow? I thought they only deal with domains listed at their marketplace.
That is true, but they are a trusted third party, and they have control of the name. An organisation like Sedo or Escrow is really a fifth party. The other four parties are - seller, his registrar, buyer, and his registrar. Operating as escrow agent and both registrars, they have complete control over the transaction, and this reduces the possibility of chargebacks and transfer issues. If the buyer issues a chargeback, then they can reverse the transfer, as they still have control of the name. I find it difficult to understand why people pay to use the riskier external escrow services.

•••
For me, in terms of commission, escrow has been the cheapest. In terms of ease of transfer, GoDaddy Auctions is fantastic, completely hands off.

•••
•••
Undeveloped.
+1. I've been particularly pleased with their escrow services. Plus, they offer payouts in Bitcoin, which is unique.

•••
I think more or less all are same. Depends on your comfortability with particular service.

Last edited:
•••
@FairTrial - What do you accept as proof the domain has been delivered, so payment can be released?

@stub - Apologies for the delayed answer - I missed your question.

Transpact.com works in a different way to other escrow services - for each escrow transaction, you set the triggers before you start which will determine whether payment goes on to the seller or back to the buyer.

We believe this is a more secure method - as you decide what has to occur for your payment to be protected - not the escrow firm.

So you yourself determine and specify what proof is required that the domain has been delivered.

We don't automatically push payment to the seller - the buyer does that.
And handling many domain transactions every day, the process works very smoothly.

Very occasionally, if a buyer receives a domain but does not instruct us to push payment to the seller, then the seller will need to go through our arbitration process, but the arbitration process ensures the correct party receives the payment (according to the escrow conditions set and agreed by the parties themselves) and in the vast majority of such cases (which are themselves infrequent) no cost to that party and efficient and quick.

•••
•••
Just to update this thread. Payoneer are out of the escrow business.Have been for almost a year already.

•••
Back