Dynadot

What is "Pending Sale" for afternic listing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

drpeter

Impact
I just checked on a listing of mine on afternic, and it states "pending sale."

However, I have not received any email or message regarding any buyer interest. I am curious what the implications of "pending sale" is and would like some information on how to proceed. Thank you, and I hope my concern can be addressed.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That means your domain sold at your buy now price. However, they are waiting for buyer to make the payment. As soon as they cleared the payment, they will contact you.

•••
That means your domain sold at your buy now price. However, they are waiting for buyer to make the payment. As soon as they cleared the payment, they will contact you.
nah he would of gotten email, my guess is by now its no longer pending and its back in his account regular, happens on gd too

•••
In my case "pending sale," meant that buyer had paid and AfterNic (AN) was just waiting for payment to clear or rather, doing their due diligence to make sure that the payment was legitimate. (i.e. - ulasbbtr, you are exactly correct.) But in any case it did mean that an actual payment had been made, so AEProgram, you are apparently conjecturing, but as far as the facts are concerned - you will not receive necessarily any email from AN until after payment has cleared and sale is final.

I think we should receive an AN email notifying us of "pending sale," but for whatever reason AN does not operate that way.

In some cases if you are going back and forth dealing with the AN broker the broker might inform you of a pending payment / pending sale, but otherwise, AN will not notify you of pending anything.

Take a look for example at:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/afternic-pending-sale.926942/

Last edited:
•••
In my case, my AN sale was "pending sale" on a Thursday early morning, then finalized (funds verified) about midnight Sunday night, so took three days. Sold at the full buy it now asking price.

I did finally receive an email from AN notifying me of a sale "pending financial verification" but not, lol, until a few minutes AFTER it was already final Sunday night.

I transferred the domain Monday morning, and it's all done and paid for just waiting for the funds to be ACH'ed over. Sold a lot through AN, they usually take several days to get you the funds, it all normal and good.

Last edited:
•••
i got pending sale message then in last wednesday and it back to listed when i contact afternic my purchase got locked in registrar and it orevents the duplicate purchase

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back