IT.COM

What is domain redemption Period?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

zeeshan zahoor

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone I hope you all will be fine.
well, I want to know what is domain redemption period means?
and my 2nd question is if a domain expires today and the owner did not renew it when that domain will come back for registration availability?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I will post an image that will answer your question but next time try to use the search function before asking things that have been discussed so many times.

gtld-lifecycle.jpg

•••
If your domain gets expire you will get a 30 day grace period, and you can renew your domain in this period of time.

If the Redemption period over somehow you could not pay within 30 days, your domain will get released and can be registered by 3rd parties.

•••
I will post an image that will answer your question but next time try to use the search function before asking things that have been discussed so many times.

gtld-lifecycle.jpg

This explains all.

•••
Thanks for the answer I was just gonna ask the same thing :D :D

•••
yes what about a domain that was created in 1994 and has expired and is being auctioned off. Is it reborn or does the winner of the auction get a 1994 domain?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back