Dynadot

What is cpanel and fantastico?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Can any one tell me what exactly is cpanel,zpanel and fantastico?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
cpanel is a website control panel which lets you manage your website, such as upload files creating mail boxes, viewing web logs etc etc it does so much to list. but is general where you will go if you need to do something to your website (providing its installed on your host)

more information can be found at www.cpanel.net. its not a free tool but is installed on alot of webhosts.

fantiastico is an addon to cpanel and is a large library of one click install scripts
so you select a script, tell it where to install it, click in install and it sets it all up for you

•••
I guess Zpanel is something like Cpanel, but zpanel is opensource and free, where cpane is not.

I don't see many hosts using Zpanel. Do you?

•••
There are many types of control panels out there: H-Sphere, cPanel, Helm, Pleask and others.

Fantastico on the other hand, is very simlar to EasyApp. It allows the installation of many PHP/MySQL driven applications in a couple seconds.

•••
I personally like cPanel the most because of its user friendliness and it is fast too. HELM on the other hand is troublesome to use - loads a bit slow also.

Plesk I think has less features compared to cPanel.

•••
THankx a lot.This info has helped me a lot.

•••
cpanel is file manager like windows explorer on windows

•••
cPanel is a web hosting control panel system. cPanel comes with an addon fantastico which allows you to quickly install a variety of open source scripts.

•••
CPanel is a system in which you can login for email and administration stuff. Fantastico is a cool little thing that adds extras to your site.

•••
•••
Is Cron jobs like fantastico?

•••
alanpaladka said:
Is Cron jobs like fantastico?

Cron Jobs are shell commands you want preformed every few hours, days, weeks, etc..

Fantastico allows you to install web scripted programs you would normally have to upload configure and set a database for, but it does this all automaticly.

•••
aing said:
cpanel is file manager like windows explorer on windows

Hmm cPanel is much more than a file manager.

I haven't tried any of the others, but I'm pretty satisfied with cPanel and its ease of use.

•••
Thankx for the information.

•••
bbalegere said:
Can any one tell me what exactly is cpanel,zpanel and fantastico?

cPanel: CPanel is one on the most popular web hosting control panel system. With CPanel you have the ability to manage all aspects of e-mail, files, backup, FTP, CGI scripts, and web site statistics.

Fantastico: Fantastico gives you the ability to install any compatible application with just a couple of clicks. You can just as easily remove an installation as well. You can install any of the applications in the main directory, in add-on domains and in subdomains!

•••
ok, i know more about cpanel and fantastico, so which is the best sistem to mnage host, is cpanel?

•••
If u want to make a webhost.
u might want to use Cpanel with iHost script so ppl could have easy activation.
and fantastico for easier interface.

•••
•••
Fantastico is great, easier then downloading the software and then uploading..

•••
No one mentioned the important feature of cpanel which others dont have is :

With cpanel u can unzip files , so upload ur site in .zip format and unzip it via cpanel file manager , saves u time for uploading forums and lots of files.

I uses Ensim , Plesk, Webadmin and lots of other panels but none of them had that feature. And for that feature only i like cpanel . It is more than just file manager . Fantastico is used to install scripts and forums with ease .

•••
•••
The Fantastico with CPanel 10 is easiest. With CPanel you can easily mange your host settings, like making mySQL acount, checking webmail. If your host has got Fantastico, you can install many scripts/mods like phpbb forums and phpnuke. IMO, CPanel is 10x better then ZPanel.

~Spinky

•••
how can u unzip files automatically in fantastico? thanks for ur replay

•••
infinitomagazine said:
how can u unzip files automatically in fantastico? thanks for ur replay
he said cpanel and the file manager

•••
i used a web free host service and this site have unzip option, so i when i upload a zip file the site automatically zip files are unziped. now i will try this unzip option in file manager to see how works, thanks u.

now i know how works unzip option in cpanel. i did upload zip file, and if i want i can unzip that file inside my carpet with cpanel. cpanel is 10 ;)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back