IT.COM

What happens if seller doesn't transfer domain on Sedo?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

zattack

Established Member
Impact
This is my very first purchase on Sedo and I'm a bit sceptical that the owner is not going to push/transfer the domain. Reason being the domain is listed in other platforms for a higher price.

In such cases, how many days does Sedo take to refund the money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

why worry about an instance that may not occur?

but, if they don't follow thru and you've made a payment
then you will get a refund.

they are closed on weekends, so take that into consideration

imo...

•••
Hi

why worry about an instance that may not occur?

but, if they don't follow thru and you've made a payment
then you will get a refund.

they are closed on weekends, so take that into consideration

imo...

My credit card statement gets generated in next 5 days. I'm just wondering if such case occurs then if I'm going to get the refund before the statement gets generated. Otherwise, I'll have to pay the bank and wait for the next payment cycle to get the refund credited.

•••
Recently happened to me

Paid Sedo on 7th Nov
Got cancellation email on the 12th Nov
Got refund email on 13th Nov

Money went back into my account on the same day

•••
Hi

if, it's credit card, then you won't have to pay balance in full, only a portion of it.

it's like buying a domain with lease to own plan, except the credit card is financing the venture.

i started domaining using credit card.

imo...

•••
It happened to me recently. I bought a domain at BIN, paid, but the seller did not transfer the domain. I later learned that the domain was sold at a higher price somewhere else. Sedo refunded the money to me.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back