Dynadot

Unable to list domain on SEDO due to potential conflict with the rights of a third party

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

monotheist

Established Member
Impact
genesis.bet: We're sorry, but Sedo cannot allow you to list this domain in your Sedo account or order services relating to this domain due to a potential conflict with the rights of a third party.

Sedo doesn't seem to give explanation on which third party has conflict with this one word domain.
Has anybody faced this issue?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Sedo's policy is ridiculous. Just because there is a trademark for a name used in a particular industry, that excludes the use of that name in another industry. If there is a trademark for genesisbet, that doesn't mean genesisburgers is trademarked, too.
Their marketplace is dead anyway, I would not worry so much.

Last edited:
•••
At least they should offer more than an off-the-shelf explanation.

Btw, they've allowed genesisband (.) com and genesis (.) me to be listed.

Last edited:
•••
Sedo's policy is ridiculous. Just because there is a trademark for a name used in a particular industry, that excludes the use of that name in another industry. If there is a trademark for genesisbet, that doesn't mean genesisburgers is trademarked, too.
Their marketplace is dead anyway, I would not worry so much.
Is this name worth holding? I haven't received any offers so far since registration?

•••
At least they should offer more than an off-the-shelf explanation.

Btw, they've allowed genesisband (.) com and genesis (.) me to be listed.

Can't edit anymore, so I'll add that genesisbet (.) de is also listed on Sedo. It's not even a registered domain atm.

Last edited:
•••
Is this name worth holding? I haven't received any offers so far since registration?
genesisbet.com is used as redirect.
I would not invest in .bet domains to be honest.
There have been a few sales, but gambling companies use almost always .com.
Lastly, the domain market with the keyword 'bet' is saturated and everything is registered.
Try another niche.

Last edited:
•••
How do people still use Sedo?

They are stuck in year 2004

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back