Dynadot

domain What happened with domaining and sales?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premiums

find.venturesTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Mortgage is a category defining term, but .social is essentially a nothing extension.
By the same definition mortgage.horse would be a category killer keyword.

A category defining term does not matter unless it is paired with a popular extension, or something that spans the dot.

Also, as far as the .MOBI sale, there were a lot of stupid .mobi sales back in that time period.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Mortgage is a category defining term, but .social is essentially a nothing extension.
By the same definition mortgage.horse would be a category killer keyword.

A category defining term does not matter unless it is paired with a popular extension, or something that spans the dot.

Also, as far as the .MOBI sale, there were a lot of stupid .mobi sales back in that time period.

Brad
i thought that mortgage.social makes sense.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_mortgage

•••
•••
Nothing has happened everything is the same it's a slow season but people are still making sales this domain above sucks. Sorry to be the guy to tell you don't expect to sell it. But I hope you do good luck

•••
even mortgages.mobi (PLURAL) was sold for 25,000 USD 2007-08-07 T.R.A.F.F.I.C.
Anything .mobi sold for big money in 2007. Try selling that domain in 2018, not gonna pull in 25k.

Also, people need to stop buying any TLD just because they think goodword+anyTLD is big money.

Last edited:
•••
The :poop: extension is the problem. Solved.

•••
Confirmation that nTLDs are worthless most the time. Why are people surprised.
A strong keyword is not enough, the combo has to make sense.

•••
Yep. When I first started and I imagine most newbies do this and in theory it's not a bad idea, premium keywords. As an example:

computers
dating
homeloans
unitedstates
scotland
london
mortgagerates
etc.

I owned all those and many more but I owned them in .bz, .cc, .me etc. So for me there is a difference between premium keywords and premium/good domains. And the ones above were not bad since the extensions I had them in were kind of neutral. With new gtlds, they should be spot on, in the right order. Most are not neutral type extensions. The big sales the registries have, the ones they hold for themselves, usually follow that pattern.

Last edited:
•••
Been alot of big .com and gTLD sales recently...not sure what you're seeing?O_o

Last edited:
•••
While I think normally the summer is slow, this past week or so seems to have been on fire with the big sales! In the 14 months or so I have been carefully following the industry, I am not sure I can remember a week with so many big sales.

In terms of lower value domain sales, it's hard to say if it is slower or the same as always. It too seems to me that most domain names going up for sale here, both in com and in ngtld, either find no buyers or none at much price wise. It seems some of the "old timers" indicate that in the past there were far more sales at reasonable value on this and other forums than currently. I am not sure if this is because there are more options now re where to buy, or if there really are less sales (or if we remember the past as better than it really was).

•••
Many extensions arrived and many are gone now and many others would come and go.
I don't simply understand why people bet their money on such extensions..!!

Seems like some of us prefer to buy a few donkeys than to buy a horse..!!

•••
i thought that mortgage.social makes sense.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_mortgage

Google trends might have the answer:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=US&q=mortgage,social mortgage

upload_2018-7-19_21-43-16.png

•••
•••
•••
•••
Another example of a good word in a crap extension
https://www.namepros.com/threads/virtual-lu.1086358/#post-6804128

I know you cant sell a name if you don’t own one. But why own one you can’t sell.
I would give it away, imo it is only worth positive feedback review
Not worth $23 renewal

Member here, still is haha but inactive from Paraguay, tried telling me .vin .vin
Doesn’t matter whats right of the dot
Same person pushed the 4L .biz buyout
Their history, names dropped
Stay .com or you will be bumping this post like so many other people bump there for sale posts.

•••
I see what you're saying. But mortgages.mobi didn't mean "mortgages mobi" it was simply "mortgages, in the .mobi extension" when it sold in 2007. The .mobi extension was amongst a selection of comparably less than TLDs than are now available.

It's not really possible to argue the point by simply slapping the domain's constituent parts literally into Google to argue the worthlessness of a domain.

In the same vein, I could argue that mortgages.com is worthless by showing you the popularity for the search term "mortgages com" is... it won't be, it's gibberish.

mortgages.social is available btw.

Last edited:
•••
you can very safely assume and conclude that if a domain is not getting bids or attention.. it is the fault of the domain itself.. rather than the entire np community lacking in judgement, exprience and knowledge.. or even less so, the fault of the entire domaining industry, suddenly collapsing toward a brutal destruction.

cheers

•••
you can very safely assume and conclude that if a domain is not getting bids or attention.. it is the fault of the domain itself.. rather than the entire np community lacking in judgement, exprience and knowledge.. or even less so, the fault of the entire domaining industry, suddenly collapsing toward a brutal destruction.

cheers
Do you still believe that .info is a great tld ?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back