NameSilo

What happened with Afternic ?

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews started by GeorgeQuang, Apr 26, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. GeorgeQuang

GeorgeQuang Established Member

Hi guys,
    I sold a domain on Afternic (the transaction was completed 11 days ago), and haven't received money from them.
    Emailing to sales, they replied that they were reaching out the Transfer Team.
    Emailing Transfer Agent in Aftertic Systems, there was no feedback despite my second Reminder.
    Emailing Afternic Support Services, no emails from them.
    I know that Afternic is a super platform right now, but are they too lazy to care some transactions ?
    My transfer is 10k and they takes almost 20%, but i don't think they should get those high commission with poor performance like this.
    Have sold many domains on Afternic, but this is the 1st time they let me angry.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. tvanrijt

tvanrijt Top Member VIP

Hey,

I don't know the details, but sometimes they buyer is the one causing a lot of delays. However, I did one time feel the sales person was unneccesary slow, the transfer of the domain just kept going on, I just asked: can't I just push the domain to an account you have at the same registrar, since I did that before?
    He gave me the info of the account for the push and it was completed very fast. You might want to try that, although my sale was for much less.

3. jideofor

jideofor Top Member VIP

When you have a problem, contact @Joe Styler . He always help.

4. Kassey Lee

Kassey Lee 域名世界 VIP

I have two domains sold and the status is transfer complete for about a week and I still don't know when payout will be scheduled. Also, they were put on BIN but buyer wanted to negotiate. An Afternic broker contacted me and we agreed on a lower price. Even though I subsequently changed the BIN price accordingly, I had to push the domains to Afternic's holding account, resulting in much longer time and much more work. It seems like once the broker route is used, the reduced BIN price option is out.

5. GeorgeQuang

Mine is transfer completed too.
    But before transferring the domain to Afternic, i received an email form them that they had approved the fund.

6. GeorgeQuang

I didn't type that they salesman was slow.
    He's very active.
    I had problem with the support department teams ( Transferring Team and Billing Team).

7. carob

carob Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

8. DomainRecap

DomainRecap Top Member VIP

I have noticed a lot of companies dragging their heels on payments lately, and it's obviously due to a) enhanced security protocols and b) holding cash flows to generate interest.

The last one is a big deal, as I used to work at a large company that had a policy of *not* sending out any money on Friday, and just the "weekend interest" on short-term lending amounted to millions by the end of the year.

That's also one reason why in the analogue 80's it took 3-5 days to do a bank transfer and in digital 2019 it still takes 3-5 days - extending the cash flow is worth a lot of money.

9. jaydub

jaydub Da Chef VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

“ Overnight/Weekend” investment/interest as DR says adds up to a LOT of money especially when you spread it over many transactions.

10. carob

carob Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

When you sell a fast transfer domain they have received payment, they take the domain at once, then make you wait 7 days for payment. At Sedo I can get paid within 24 hours.

11. GeorgeQuang

Hi Guys,
    After checking, i noticed that my domain is under Pending Transfer Status.
    Maybe Afternic is on process to transfer out this domain to Buyer's Registrar.

12. Joe Styler

Joe Styler Aftermarket Product Manager GoDaddy Staff Afternic Staff PRO VIP

Afternic will pay you once the buyer has the domain. You should have a response from [email protected] by now. If you do not please let me know and pm me the domain name. Thanks.

13. Kassey Lee

Kassey Lee 域名世界 VIP

14. massive1019

massive1019 New Member

@Joe Styler can you help me look into this domain JobRoots/com sold on 27th April and I've not received any email concerning payment schedule.

15. Joe Styler

16. CJ6

CJ6 My favorite movies are too offensive now. Whimps. VIP

Yeah, I'm a little aggravated also. Payment scheduled for May 9th. No payment still, 5 days later.
    May 10, sent a message through the "Message a TA Agent" - nothing
    May 13, sent an email to [email protected] no response.
    I just tried sending a message through afternic's contact us form. I guess I'll see if I get a response.

Seriously, in 2019, this is pathetic.

17. wwwweb

wwwweb Top Member VIP

There seems to be some discourse in regards to Joe Styler saying all emails are responded to, and many members stating that is simply not the case, I think maybe a team meeting in regards to returning emails is in order?

18. Joe Styler

You should not email [email protected] they do not answer all the emails they get. I have said this several times on Namepros. [email protected] will. However it may take more than a day. 90 something percent of emails are answered within 24 hours. Some take longer.
    So for instance if we think we paid you because we sent the money to a third party processor then the ticket on your domain sale will be closed as the sale is done on the TA system. You can email them but they won't see it because it is closed. [email protected] will always see your email. Again if there is something we think we paid on our system then we need to investigate with the third party and trace the money to your bank. That takes a couple days depending on lots of variables, the country you and your bank are in, the banking hours (say its a weekend) etc.
    I would say you should be answered by today from [email protected] because almost all the emails they get are answered within 48 hours, even the ones that require working with other departments and companies. If not I am happy to check into it for you if you send me your email address you are writing in from.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: