Dynadot

analysis What happened in this single click at Bodis? $2800 RPM means?

NameSilo
Watch

INFJ

I.T. Infrastructure EngineerTop Member
Impact
Literally purchased and parked this domain at Bodis about 3 hours ago. What does RPM mean and what could have happened? I don't understand the explanation Bodis provides.

upload_2019-9-30_16-8-26.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
that value "RPM" is estimate of earnings for 1000 visitors, at current epc

the amount goes up and down, depending on clicks and epc

imo...

•••
Its Revenue per mille that is revenue per 1000 visitor, so total revenue per thousand revenue is 2820 and hence actual revenue is 2820/1000 = 2.82.

•••
PS. You haven't earned $ 2820 but 2.82.

•••
Thanks so much Rajuajoshi! It's now up to 3000+, last I checked. It does bounce up and down, but the only ads that are showing are "colleges/universities", "insurance" and "dentists/doctors".

•••
Thanks so much Rajuajoshi! It's now up to 3000+, last I checked. It does bounce up and down, but the only ads that are showing are "colleges/universities", "insurance" and "dentists/doctors".
Good keyword it seems

•••
We'll see how good it is after 30 days or so lol. Here's are the cards we've been dealt :)

upload_2019-10-1_1-5-42.png

•••
•••
We'll see how good it is after 30 days or so lol. Here's are the cards we've been dealt :)

Show attachment 130478
Its performance will depend on the type of name you have. If it was once a website then you are getting residual traffic bcz of that and the traffic will diminish over time. But if it is some category killer name or its typo or an active websites typo then it will retain its traffic.

•••
Is there a site/tool where I can check the history and confirm the age of this domain?

•••
For age just do a simple whois check.

•••
Or type "wayback machine" in search engine(google, etc) and go the 1st site to know its development history.

•••
IP History 65 changes on 65 unique IP addresses over 15 years

Registrar History 2 registrars with 1 drop

Hosting History 14 changes on 8 unique name servers over 12 years

I've owned it for 1.5 days.

•••
So what it is its actual age i.e. When was it last registered?

•••
No idea...I used that way back machine and here you go.....

upload_2019-10-2_11-9-16.png

Of course, WhoIs says 1 day old from me.

•••
So it is a newly registered name and I think it must be generating type-in traffic. Can't say more than that without knowing the name.

•••
My guess some strong backlinks are still in place and working

•••
FML.....Bodis sent me a notice that they will no longer service me or this name. Although I made $15 in less than 72 hours, the quality of traffic is too low for their Tier 1 advertiser program. I think I bought a name that had crappy links to it, hence the high traffic (but also CTR). I'm finding another place to park or selling this off. I'm disappointed to say the least, but I'll do some research as to WTH may be happening with this name. (i.e. historical stats)

•••
Parked it with ParkingCrew. I have faced the same problem with Bodis but moved my name to PCrew as they have tier 2 advertisers also.

•••
•••
Since you're new in this, I need to remind you that clicking on ads on your parked domain is strictly forbidden. You could be banned and your revenue withheld. Because I can see from your screenshot - 1 visitor and 2 clicks. That's a clear red flag.

•••
So it is a newly registered name and I think it must be generating type-in traffic. Can't say more than that without knowing the name.
It says the name on the screen shot. Famous news site.

Misspell

Last edited:
•••
OMG I just NOW noticed that LOL. It's for sale BTW...I'm not into parking and traffic.

•••
It says the name on the screen shot. Famous news site.

Misspell
Well caught. I did look at the screenshot but did not looked at that closely. Anyway as I mentioned before:
Its performance will depend on the type of name you have. If it was once a website then you are getting residual traffic bcz of that and the traffic will diminish over time. But if it is some category killer name or its typo or an active websites typo then it will retain its traffic.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back