NameSilo

What graphics tablet should I invest in?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

-Adam-

The Caffeine King!VIP Member
Impact
I am an avid photoshop user and have been told I can greatly increase the results and chopping time with a graphics tablet. However I have never actually used one before and am not too sure what would best suit me.

My photoshopping mainly consists of actual photos to website templates to other more fine detailed advertisement work or wedding photo touchups.

Can anyone who has one of these tell me what you think of them and how long you have had/use your model? So far I am looking at a Bamboo fun but I am not sure this would be work for a professional setting.

Thanks, Adam.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I got a bamboo too... is a very good one.
When you get used to it is easy to use and effective. I f you are looking to paint and use for more sophisticated stuff, I advise to buy a bigger siaze (a medium) as it will be more "natural"to work with.
Avoid the big sizes, waste of money...
hope it helps

•••
Thanks, totally forgot about this thread. I've decided to go with the bamboo after reading all the reviews.

•••
Thanks, totally forgot about this thread. I've decided to go with the bamboo after reading all the reviews.

how is it? im thinking of getting one soon.

•••
I'll update you when it arrives.

•••
I have a 9x12 Intuos3 tablet. I love it...I'm a Graphic Designer and I'm constantly cutting out pictures for projects and it's definitely a lot easier to use than your mouse!

I'm not sure about the Bamboo, but on the Intuos3 you can set up the buttons on the tablet with key functions on the computer. So I don't even use my Mouse much anymore when I'm in Photoshop.

•••
Yea those are some nice tablets but a little pricey at the moment.

•••
•••
good choice, quality for money.. good luck with your designing!

•••
I bought a second hand original Intuos 1 on ebay. They are probably just as good as the intuos 3 and about half the price :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back