Dynadot

What does $1,000 mean to you?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What does $1,000 mean to you

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • It's Tip money, nothing to me at all

votes
    7.1%
  • If I profit $1,000 changes little and I could afford to lose it

votes
    36.7%
  • $1,000 is more than I make a month at my job

votes
    12.8%
  • $1,000 is a good deal of money to me

votes
    38.8%
  • $1,000 profit would change my life greatly, I could never risk that much in purchases

votes
    4.6%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Namepros is a pretty diverse place, members from every continent except for Antarctica. Discussions take place about money where many see their opinion as fact. Examples:

That's not a lot of money

I don't get out of bed for less than $5,000

Anyone can afford to blow 100 .com regs in a year

People pronounce their desire to never sell to a domainer, or buy from one. People talk about how they don't flip names for a couple hundred dollars. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion and free to do what they like.

But what does $1,000 tied up in domain names mean to you? Can you afford to lose it? Can you renew said $1,000 for 1 year, 5 years, 10 years? What about profiting $1,000 in a year?

Vote in the poll.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do you regularly poll middle class American families? If it’s a lot it’s because Americans aren’t used to saving and live beyond their means.The truth is most people’s rent or mortgage is higher or very close. The question and answer made it clear —-is it life changing amount—-and no American would say $1K would change their lives.

Here is what you said:
If I profit $1,000 changes little and I could afford to lose it

To be honest I am shocked how many have said it’s alot of money.

"life changing" not in your post, few (6 ) people answered $1k would be life changing.

And yes... I conducted a poll.

Last edited:
•••
The question and answer made it clear —-is it life changing amount—-and no American would say $1K would change their lives.

Maybe not for the middle class but it is a lot of $ for a lot Americans. Maybe life changing is a bit of an exaggeration but it can make a huge difference to a lot of people.

I'm lucky enough to be able to 'waste' money at times. It hardly ever happens though as every single € I waste could be put to good use instead, helping less fortunate people.

I'm lucky enough to live in a rich country, got educated, great parents who taught me it's good to work hard every day and give thanks for the prosperity we receive. The reason why 1K, or 1$ for that matter, matters to me is because I know there are people who come short on that $1 every single week trying to pay their bills. Even in Western Europe.

•••
$1000 is alot to me, because I can use that little to start a business or invest and multiply it.
One person see only $1000, i see $1000,000. Hope you get the gist.

I'm learning to value money more. It's a great tool if used right.

•••
Several other countries conducted similar cash-transfer experiments, including Finland and Canada. Tech incubator Y Combinator conducted a feasibility study in Oakland that gave a few dozen residents between $1,500 and $2,000 beginning in 2016, and will soon conduct an expanded trial involving 1,000 people across two U.S. states.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back