IT.COM

poll What do you think about "NamePros Awards"?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What do you think about "NamePros Awards"?

• 1st

Yes (what do you think)

votes
    81.3%
  • 2nd

No (please, comment why)

votes
    18.8%

• 16 votes
  • Ended 4 years ago
  • Final results

Mifuru

Neko? NoTop Member
Impact
Disclaimer: I`m not a part of NamePros team. I`m not a part of any registrar.

I recently had an idea that I would like to share with you. Our community is growing, albeit slightly, but steadily. Increasingly, we are plunged into a storm of discussions and disputes. I want to offer you my idea. What do you think about the annual "NamePros Awards" where we (as community) choose the best among us by voting? I would like to hear your opinion and answer by voting in the poll.

Nominations:
  • Best registrar of the year
  • Best promo`s by registrar
  • Best community registrar
  • Best services by registrar
  • Most popular user from community
  • Most popular support from users
  • Person of the year
  • Best domain blogger
  • Best domain broker
  • Best domain seller
  • Best domain buyer
  • The best domainer of the year

I`m interested to hear your opinion. Perhaps this will be the first year when we will reward our users!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a nice idea. It might cement NP as the goto place with it being mentioned all over the domaining community. But it's a lot of work. Who has the time to do this, and how would it be organised? Voting? I don't think it's reliable.

•••
I suggested this kind of thing almost 7 years ago, NP wasn't interested. That's when I started one of them on my own, Best/Favorite Registrar.

Here is my suggestion from 2013:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/namepros-best-of-2012.783221/

Dear ownership, adminship, modship, an idea I touched on before, now would be the perfect time, bring the world into the light.

Namepros Best Of 2012

some suggested topics would be:

Best Registrar

Best Domain Blog

Best Parking Company

Best Drop Catcher

Best Tool

Best Hosting

Best Namepros Post

Best Namepros Thread

Favorite New Member

Namepros Legend Award

Favorite Mod

Just brainstorming some ideas, add, delete, tweak......

Then you have about 2 weeks of nominations for each category, followed by about 2 weeks of voting.

You can set it up so companies don't rush all their employees to vote, min. post count or have to have registered in 2012 or prior or whatever.

These things tend to have some nice participation. Winners sometimes put on their site that they won. Imagine a registrar putting something on their homepage about being Namepros Favorite Registrar, something along those lines.

Last edited:
•••
I like the idea. Maybe best newcomer and long service etc

•••
Thank you so much. Where do I accept my prizes?
For my eight award I will take off my sunglasses.

Last edited:
•••
It would be a boring list:

Best registrar of the year

Rob

Best promo`s by registrar

Rob

Best community registrar

Rob

Best services by registrar

Rob

Most popular user from community

Rob

Most popular support from users

Rob

Person of the year

Rob

:)

I admit the last positions would be interesting.

•••
•••
I think it's a good idea personally, NamePros is a well respected community among domain investing. All the popular registrars (Godaddy/Sedo/NameSilo etc) all have staff on here.

I think it could have potential to be a prestigious award over time.

•••
Don't forget "Best Daily List" .. lol .. getting a little tired of the lack of respect my lists gets in this industry .. still gets under my skin that Domaining.com won't add me because the other people doing lists don't want any more. Wonder how many more years it's going to be before I'm considered legit?

•••
Don't forget "Best Daily List" .. lol .. getting a little tired of the lack of respect my lists gets in this industry .. still gets under my skin that Domaining.com won't add me because the other people doing lists don't want any more. Wonder how many more years it's going to be before I'm considered legit?

Five more years :)

•••

You have the best expiring lists, i got 2 names,

Domaining is best domain aggregate source,
and you def worthy to be associated with them

Samer

Last edited:
•••
still gets under my skin that Domaining.com won't add me

Don't let it get to you...we here look forward to your lists.

What do you think about the annual "NamePros Awards" where we (as community) choose the best among us by voting?

I like it...something new for 2020 (jb had foresight for this). Maybe start a poll with all the categories and open it for more suggestions then reduce to 15 or 20 categories and let nps staff oversee...each member can only be listed in the poll once as a winner so more members can be included...like: best expiring domain list provider, best answer to a 'duh' question, best avatar (containing an old school phone) etc. :xf.smile:

•••
I like it and voted yes.

encourage community engagement. :)

Might actually help with those “dead days”

Samer

Last edited:
•••
We already have a winner of most edited thread to change what others are saying.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back