IT.COM

NamePro Awards?

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

What If NamePros Had Some Sort Of Awards?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • It would be cool. Might even be fun. I'd vote in them.

votes
    86.2%
  • Sounds dumb. Don't be offended.

votes
    13.8%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

rudyhernandez

The brainEstablished Member
Impact

Here's a thought...
What if NamePros had some sort of annual NamePros Awards that NP members could vote on to signify things such as:

Most Positive Feedback Award (member with most accrued positive feedback for year)
Good Samaritan Award (member who gave best advice, helped noobies most)
Moderator of the Year
Best Contest Thread
Highest Domain Sale
Richest NP$ member
Best Radio NamePros Broadcast
Weirdest Screenname
Longest Thread
Etc. (need suggestions)

Would this be a total flop or considered fun?
It certainly wouldn't be up to me to get this ball rolling but I'm just curious on what others thought about it.

I've included a yes or no poll in this thread.

Cheers,
Rudy

:gl:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We do have a Member of the Month award already. Having all those awards could prove to be too confusing. Imagine if we had all these award ribbons under our username in conjunction with charity ribbons & gold stars.

•••
the more, the merrier for me.

•••
•••
Rudy,

I don't think the contest would be very fair, because clearly I would win every award.... But, if you insist - I will gracefully accept all of the awards.

=)

•••
Spade said:
Rudy,

I don't think the contest would be very fair, because clearly I would win every award.... But, if you insist - I will gracefully accept all of the awards.

=)

LOL Right....

This would be a cool and fun thing to do. I support this 100%!

•••
htmlindex said:
Having all those awards could prove to be too confusing. Imagine if we had all these award ribbons under our username in conjunction with charity ribbons & gold stars.
Yeah, I thought the same thing.
Maybe the award ribbon would have to go in our sig or something.

Just bouncing ideas.
Please speak up if you have any.

:talk:

•••
Brilliant Idea,

But I'd like to ad to your award showcase...
Funniest Post Award.

My vote goes to Justin (Spade) for Post #5 in this thread!
LMAO!

•••
Best Looking Mod: Justin (check)
Hottest Male Model Mod: Justin (check)
Best Domain Appraiser Ever: Justin (check)
Funniest (not looking) Mod: Justin (check)

Man.... it never gets old.

•••
Spade said:
Best Looking Mod: Justin (check)
Hottest Male Model Mod: Justin (check)
Best Domain Appraiser Ever: Justin (check)
Funniest (not looking) Mod: Justin (check)

Man.... it never gets old.
Dont forget...
Most Humble NPer!
LOL

•••
Red Rock said:
Dont forget...
Most Humble NPer!
LOL

Well, thats a no brainer...

Justin <check>

•••
Great Idea. We would need someone with amazing graphic design skills to make us special avatars the winning members could have. Also, I think mods should be excluded. Not because of conflicts of interest, just because I know Justin would win everything. Except for richest member (NP$).

•••
RegFee said:
Great Idea. We would need someone with amazing graphic design skills to make us special avatars the winning members could have. Also, I think mods should be excluded. Not because of conflicts of interest, just because I know Justin would win everything. Except for richest member (NP$).

I think you bring up a reasonable point. However, I will point out I was on the Richest Members list not long ago.

•••
IMO, these awards should be awards in the trophy showcase. Except for things like domainer of the year, mod of the year, ect...

•••
•••
:hi:

I like the MOTM™ as it is now, but as I was thinking about it here in the fun thread ... what if there was a second monthly award for the member or members who were most helpful in facilitating the :$: sale(s) of other member's domain(s) to End users or otherwise? Say, for instance, a Namepros Facilitator™ ... who would then be rewarded with having a home page listing of not only the success story, but also their For Sale "Spotlight Domain" linked to either their Namepros Marketplace thread, or Sedo auction link? :talk: :lala:

Helping others with the sales of domains, sharing in the success story of the Month, being awarded the new designation Namepros Facilitator™ ... and getting a one month "spotlight listing" (with, then, might encourage or incentivize other members to help in the marketing of that domain name - in so doing forming the ongoing cycle for the awarding of the monthly Namepros Facilitator™, IMHO. :music:

Please share your thoughts! :talk:
-Jeff B-)

•••
:p

why not

Best Designer ( best graphic designer ) ( best web designer ) ( best flash designer ) or something like that..

programmers/developers
Best Developer ( best php developer ) ( best perl developer **looks at sv** :o ) etc...

:lol: :lol: :lala:

Hive :]

•••
(Best Avatar) Bill ..... :lol:

Sounds like a cool idea.... :p

-Bill

•••
<< - the youngest. bow wow

•••
Maybe awards to encourage positive activity within the forums?

•••
Morph said:
Maybe awards to encourage positive activity within the forums?

Agreed! That would be fun and productive at the same time!

Rich B-)

•••
•••
Lets call them the Spadies!

•••
I think it would be neet as well. :)

•••
Ye, sounds great, there are a few that I would take out of your list, but ya, sounds great.

Lets do it ;) :D

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back