Domain Empire

domain What do you think about my new gTLD domain? Advice thread.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brands.International

MarekTop Member
Impact
In this thread, I will give you my opinion about your submitted new gTLD domain name.

I will focus not only on its numerical appraisal, but also will take other factors into consideration (mainly renewal fee and what you do with the name, where it is presented, etc), to debate whether it is a good investment choice (in my opinion). Just because I am a new gTLD investor it does not mean that I will give good opinion on crappy names - so I will tell you when I see no value or potential. To see examples of new gTLD domain names I personally invest in, you can check my website www.brands.international.

Rules:
1. Only 1 new gTLD domain name can be submitted daily per 1 Namepros user.
2. This thread is related to new gTLD domain names only - I can not give you my opinion about .com, .net, org or ccTLD names like .de or .co.uk names, as I do not have enough direct experience with them.
3. I am not responsible for any damages related to my advice - it is only my personal opinion, although I will really try my best to give reasonable, and well-balanced opinion.
4. You can submit only domain name you personally own.
5. For security and privacy purposes, all names submitted and discussed in replies must be in
keyword(s) / gTLD extension format (for example royal / estate, or bestgames / online)
6. Comments/opinions/appraisals from other members on any name submitted here are very welcome :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
qualifications / online

qualifications / online

I like this one very much!

First of all, it really make sense. Online courses, qualifications, certifications = big business, and it will only be growing.

Secondly, when you google for "qualifications / online" tons of end users immediately visible, many of them would profit/upgrade by this domain name. The best part of it is that if someone provides distant learning online courses, they are already aware in many cases of what good domain name can do for them. So we have here not only large pool of end users, but also large pool of motivated and educated end users.

The domain has standard renewal for .online attached to it, which is around 20-30 at many registrars.
It was first registered at early new gTLD times, in August 2015, then someone had it for 1 year, then it was dropped, then again 1 year, then again dropped, and then OP got it at Jun 2018 after some time.
I think it is a good catch!

This name has good potential imo to sell for 3k-7k with probability to sell in this price range as 1% for any given year of holding. There are usually good transfer/renewal promotions for .online at any given year, so renewal can be decreased to 3-7/year, if one uses the promotions correctly.

In case the renewal is decreased to 3-7/year, this can become highly proftable investment imo, as your projected profit per year is 30-70, while holding cost is 3-7. Without utilization of promotions, this becomes balanced investment (projected profit per year is 30-70 vs holding cost per year is 20-30).

Very nice name, GL :)

Last edited:
•••
Thanks, Appreciate it - still trying to find time for the first one you appraised!
This has now been added to my to do list!

Thanks again for your hard work, look like you went on a blitz with the appraisals last night!

•••
jav / tube

After I did research on that one, I admitt that I saw more things that I ever needed to see :)

Saying that, I think it is a pretty good name!

I think you will face pretty complicated dealings with adult industry end users (I have described that in feedback for nude / chat some posts above).

But...the fact is, that when we seach for "jav", one can see ranking this keyword in .guru extension at first position at second page of Google, which is a fantastic result, considering very high level of competition in this area! So this can be very strong argument in case you will get in more detailed discussion with end users.

There is some competition in new gTLD space, for example jav / cam (end users can buy it now for 432 USD with USD 15 renewal/year afterwards) or jav / live (this one is for 220/ year), also someone might like jav / club for USD 778 and then USD 8 renewal/year afterwards). Those are not exactly what your domain is, but can give us some idea about what competetive pricing should be (one can check that at uniregistry.com for example).

Therefore, I feel this domain can realisticaly sell in 2k-7k range with probability of such sale as 1% for any given year of holding.

This makes it pretty good investment imo, as projected profit is 20-70/year, while cost is 22 / year.
Nice domain name, GL :)

Thanks for your appraisal! Noted that JAV / tv was sold at USD11,280. Hope my domain can be sold at a similar price or even higher.

•••
Thanks @lolwarrior!

Here’s another one:

Ledger.nyc

•••
forum / forsale has standard renewal for .forsale which is around 25-30 at many registrars. It was first registered in early new gTLD times, in January 2015, then someone had it for 3 years, then it was dropped and then it was registered by OP in May 2018.

I honestly do not feel this domain much. There can be many things for sale, like wine, cigars, watches, pefumes...but forums? Although, after I googled that there are indeed some queries like "established forums for sale", etc, so there might be some end users for this combo.

But for example combo forums.forsale is available at the time of writing for reg fee, and that would make maybe even more sense for this purpose.

Maybe I miss something here, but I personally do not feel this one is going to resale for any significant profit anytime soon. I would test it for 1 year, and if no action, I would send the money to something better!
Thank you lolwarrior

:xf.smile:

•••
•••
Ignore

Last edited:
•••
paymode / cc

Please appraise...

•••
camp /i /ng

Thank You.

Last edited:
•••
I managed to obtain Pasaporte.net, Would it hold any value?

•••
•••
Im sorry I missed that part!

Actually I registered GDPR.pro because of the new privacy law. But not sure if it holds any value.

•••
In 2014 i was manage to get these domains. What do you think?

Price.(cheap)
Cyber.(watch)
Guru.(report)
Programmer.(codes)
Broadway.(company)

Just to name few.

Thanks

•••
•••
Exquisite / app

Thanks in advance

•••
Re: connecticut / design

I feel realistic resale price would be 600-2k with probability of resale 1% for this price at any given year of holding. This projected profit in this case would be 6-20, while holding cost per year is 40-50. This domain's odds for a profit is imo sharply against the domain investor holding it.

It's really great seeing your methods for valuation / roi / risk.

I really appreciate this service you are doing, great stuff!

•••
I know you are focusing on gTLDs, but I would appreciate your opinion on whichever of these you think is the most valuable:

impair / me
marked / in
storing / biz

Your insight is very appreciated.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Those are not new gTLD names guys, please submitt only names which meet rule conditions - read carefully initial post. Thank you for your understanding :)
.i.ng is actually new.

•••
.i.ng is actually new.

So, to clarify:

- ".ing" is new gTLD extension, which will be operated by Google iregistry n future. At the moment it is in status "delegated" and not yet in GA (general availability). So it is not yet possible to register the domain name in .ing new gTLD extension.

- "i.ng" - this is what you have in your domain name camp / i / ing - .ng is a national ccTLD for Nigeria, and i.ng is second level domain name created using .ng. So basically your name is a clever hack using Nigerian national extension.

It is a pretty consfusing stuff between .ing and i.ng. honestly :)

•••
•••
deleted

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your appraisals.

Power.pro

•••
RescueMe / app is a very nice combo!

The meaning of this is very clear and I am sure lot of app developers who are working on apps in this area will love it. .App got some very good momentum few weeks ago, with tons of people who paid around USD 10k in EAP1 and USD 3k in EAP2 just to have opportunity to register their desired name.

Although we do not have enought data yet as for .app aftermarket, EAP fees described above kind of indicate what people (and we speak in large part about domain investors, not even about end users) were willing to pay. I feel your name can easily sell in 2k-5k range, if some end user will like it.

Usual problem we see through this whole thread: at the moment, potential buyers can not contact you. If they try to visit the site, it does not resolve. If they try to find your contact details via WHOIS databaze, they will not find them, thanks to GDPR legislation valid from May 25th 2018. This probably needs to be corrected asap, you need to prepare a landing page for your domain name.

GL :)
Much appreciated! Thank you 😊

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back