IT.COM

What do you kids drug your parents with? Where do I get some.

NameSilo
Watch
Today was my first day back to school and in my year, all together so far there are two Audi's (one '07 A4 Convertible and another '00 A4 Sedan), one Hummer, an X3, and a Mercedes ML class all in the student parking lot. The kid with the '07 Audi claims to be replacing his car with a C350 in a couple of weeks. It's just the start of the year and I expect to see more. But how do you kids get your parents to be so generous. And fill me in... I've been an honor student since elementary school. What am I doing wrong?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow, what year are you in? And in NYC? Kids are driving sick cars in NYC? Man...

•••
peaches017 said:
Wow, what year are you in? And in NYC? Kids are driving sick cars in NYC? Man...

I'm in my Senior year. Anyone can use the student parking lot, but Juniors and below aren't old enough to drive, though some will whenever given the chance. Even though we're seniors, a lot of us still can't legally drive in the state of NY because a good majority of us are still 17 or younger. Most of them think after they pass their road test they can drive, because they get their Junior license. And so do their parent's because before our generation you could drive on your own with a Junior license to a certain time, but today having a Junior license is the same as having a permit with the exception that you are allowed to be on the road longer with your guardian. I worked my ass off to pay for and to get to drivers ed (allows me to get my senior 'full' license at 17) a couple of miles away by a train and bus, just so I can get my license early, but its turning out to be a waste of cash as insurance is going to cost me just as much as it would to lease a brand new Mercedes.

It's NYC, almost everyone likes to attempt to drive around with a sick car, but after 2 - 3 years it looks like crud without the proper maintenance.

Last edited:
•••
ive been saving up since 8th grade working and bday money. I bought an 2000 mustang convertible hit, and am into it for $5,400. Now I basically work all summer for insurance and gas, which is probabally 2k a year. But I dont live in NYC, so my expenses are prob. cheaper

•••
That's f---ing crazy, my parents won't let me have a car till I graduate HS. :(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back