Dynadot

discuss What do you do befor you register or buy your domain?

NameSilo
Watch

most123

Established Member
Impact
thats what i do

i try to choose the strong words
and look in to the search average that will tell me people are interested in the name or not
and search about any similar sales history

is this enough?

because i see many domains have good words and good search average and when they appraised in the appraisal section i see a lot of members say no value on this!

on the other side i see domains with very little search average and they don't even have similar sales history and they appraised for high value!

maybe i should learn more as i am still new in domains or maybe there's something wrong i can't understand

i have been in forex for 5 years and learned an important thing that(dont ever fight the trend)and try to do what the market wants...when the market is up alot of people keep their selling orders so thats why they lose..

in domains i see the search average and the similar sales history maybe good indicator to an up trend so i try to do what the market wants

there are new domains maybe they are brandable but they have no search average and similar sales!!

and in my opinion any buyer could make his own brandable domain with no need to pay 3 or 4 digits for one

please join and say your opinion

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Your domain name is your company face on the web.

So sure you need something approachable and easy to remember so people can actually log in on your web page.

So whenever you want to register or buy a domain only take into consideration that it has to be something that has clear meaning for potential costumers.

•••
thank you brothers and sisters i really appreciate everyone replied on the thread

•••
Hi,

You seems to approach right direction. First of all, nothing is learnt in no time, it takes time.

If you are willing to make effort, you're already acquiring something every moment.

Now, actual point, though Nerevar guided the best so far, following things may ease things for you more:

Research is a must before you buy a domain, it takes time,initially you ll make mistakes by wrong selection of names or keywords but things get better gradually.

Making use of google keyword planner is good.

Google trends can help a lot to know which things are up in which region.

Even many keywords/names are so worthy that we can easily know how much they ll pay back when being used in a domain name. Such as, forex, finance, health, money, cash, investment and so on.

Better to grasp such highly useful keywords or others from Google AdWords keyword planner or Google trends in your domains in tlds I.e..com, .net, .org, .biz etc...

If all important tlds are taken, better to choose one that is getting famous day by day such as, .co, .cc etc...

Last but not least, passion and effort work but luck is all time essential.

I just tried to facilitate a bit based on my knowledge and honestly I'm a learner too (by profession, I'm a software engineer/researcher) as when you suppose you know all, things get quite limited in inner and outer of yourself.

Hope, this helps.
Thank you.

•••
Before I register a domain... I panic.

Then panic some 5minutes more.

Then I find this actually helps.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Hey thanks Nerever i like your thoughts for brandable domains

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back