NameSilo

What can I do about this minisite?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have a minisite, www.jrpro.com, it is being indexed by Google, it has some old links from search engines. But I'm not getting much from AdSense, and I'm not getting anything from the Affiliate links

Any suggestions?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
winst said:
I have a minisite, www.jrpro.com, it is being indexed by Google, it has some old links from search engines. But I'm not getting much from AdSense, and I'm not getting anything from the Affiliate links

Any suggestions?

I would:

- Make the background colour lighter.
- Remove the numer of banners on the right side
- Remove all banners no connected to the conent of the site
- Place some nice pictures
- Perhaps a header image

Goodluck

•••
When I visited the site it was very bland. Add a nice header to give the user its a maintanied website. Also try blending your adds in the content more. So they will see the ads better.

•••
Does the lighter color web site do better than the darker web sites? I'm curious, if anyone had any experience on this.

•••
It appears that the vast majority of links to your site are coming from low-quality link directories (i.e., "link farms"), most of which are related to music / audio, including non-English sites. In other words, they are pretty worthless. Even if you do get a few clicks from those sites, the visitors are going to be low quality because they are not looking for sporting news. The only relevant link seems to be the one you added to the SearchSite directory. I would suggest you start looking for relevant link partners.

Also, a dark background is better, but just so that your actual content is framed, not "floating" in the middle of a big white blob of space. Black isn't that great either. Find a nice solid color that compliments the rest of your layout, but doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

Follow the advice of MastMnds - the ads on your site, especially the graphic/banner ads, should be relevant to your site's content. How do auto quotes, "great deals," laptops, camping, dog food and camera phones relate to sporting news?

Keep up the good work and you'll see it pay off!

•••
Thanks for all your help. I guess I just put up a quick minisite and see what happends. I should have put more thought into it. I'm busy redoing the site and put more graphics to it and take out unrelated ads.

•••
Excelent Posting by everyone in this thread.
A member asks for help, three members step
up and offer constructive remarks on how to
improve both the look and the revenue.

And of course lets hope the OP follows through,
makes the changes and brings this name up to
it's full potential.

Well done all, all posters rep'd

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back