IT.COM

discuss What are your "catchiest" domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
I've been spending a little time reviewing the brand Catchy.com who advertises here on NamePros. They're headquartered in France and seem to have a good presentation. They say in their add; "catchy domains for lease"

First off, what's a "catchy domain"? Hell if I know, but I know one when I see one. "Catchy" domains require a sense of humor, something that seems to be lacking in the world today:xf.frown:

I believe I have a few "catchy" domains, two of which I reg'd in the last 48 hours, and neither of which have been registered before.

The first one I registered is; LakeCatchy(.)com. If you don't see the humor here I'm really sorry, but "Lake Catchy" has got to be the best name of any fishing hole in the world.

Moving on, while meeting with some friends earlier, I thought of a flea market as I rounded a corner headed for home. So what should POP into my pea brain, but CornerFlea.com. I don't know if you have flea markets where you are, but could you imagine a national chain of "Corner Flea" markets selling things from all over the world? Can anyone even begin to imagine how that might be accomplished? They could even sell fresh fish from Lake Catchy that are shipped overnight to a corner near you:xf.grin:

Do you have any "Catchy" domains? Share them with us and the story behind them. Thanks(y)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
By catchy, do you also mean creative? I feel a lot of domain hacks are very catchy. I have these two domain hacks and they suit me well as far as being memorable/marketable.

HumorMe.me
BlogThe.me

I also got creative with "Video" here:

vdo
poker.com
vdoslots.com

- sn952

•••
I got “Myabc.xyz”, Humor and catchy.:singing:

•••
Enronn.com ~ 60 billion bankruptcy, but we got that extra "N"

ComputerNetworked.com ~ hahaha cool. Computer Network sold for 100k

Titanicly.com ~ "My Heart Will Motor On" boat mechanical service

Something like this, right?

•••
By catchy, do you also mean creative? I feel a lot of domain hacks are very catchy. I have these two domain hacks and they suit me well as far as being memorable/marketable.

HumorMe.me
BlogThe.me

vdo
poker.com
vdoslots.com

- sn952
Yes....something that's "catchy" grabs your attention, and it's memorable. HumorMe.me is pretty catchy, but at first i didn't get vdopoker? As such, it didn't grab my attention, but I clearly see that you're more creative than the "average" bear(y)

•••
I got “Myabc.xyz”, Humor and catchy.:singing:
I'm not sure I get it? Then again, I don't "catch" on to everything right away, but I'm told i have a pretty good sense of humor....take DoobieDiner.com for example. I've learned a lot of people have never heard of a "Doobie"....i think it's a generational thing?

Thanks for sharing!

•••
Enronn.com ~ 60 billion bankruptcy, but we got that extra "N"

ComputerNetworked.com ~ hahaha cool. Computer Network sold for 100k

Titanicly.com ~ "My Heart Will Motor On" boat mechanical service

Something like this, right?
I'm not so sure? I think you probably own a lot more catchier domains than what you listed. Like a laugh meter that measures laughter or applause from a crowd, maybe there should be a "catchy" meter to determine who gets it, and who doesn't. Like I said however, I know "catchy" when i see it, but I don't think everyone does.

Some of my domains are meant to attract attention like; GolfDied.com. Now golf is truly a dying sport, but Golf Died??? So far when I say to the "average" bloke on the street, "Did you hear "Golf Died"? It spawns an interesting reaction. I just hand registered the name four days ago, and already three different people have asked if they could buy a tee shirt from me with a tombstone saying Golf Died - 1474 - 2020. Then the caption; "Here Lies Golf". Ever hear of a Golf Widow?

•••
If it means brandable and makes you smile/laugh, maybe these are some examples?

All .com

Dear Webby (Advice on the web?)
Tees Me (T-Shirt Sales?)
Magic Wanda (Not sure what Wanda is selling...)
Munch Boxes (lunch anyone?)
Yacks (chat site where people can yack all they want...)

•••
Catchy.PRO
Caught it in 2017... had 1 inbound inquiry...

Last edited:
•••
If it means brandable and makes you smile/laugh, maybe these are some examples?

All .com

Dear Webby (Advice on the web?)
Tees Me (T-Shirt Sales?)
Magic Wanda (Not sure what Wanda is selling...)
Munch Boxes (lunch anyone?)
Yacks (chat site where people can yack all they want...)
Yep....they're all "catchy"...now to figure out how to best monetize them. Did you create them yourself, or buy them aftermarket?
The one I've mentioned that has the greatest income potential is CornerFlea. Pretty much everyone I know has shopped at a Flea Market and has certainly enjoyed the experience. I'm so busy developing 9Time™ that I don't have time for anything else, but for someone who has the business savvy, experience and expertise CornerFlea could rival someone like Amazon. Does that only make sense to me, or does anyone understand what I'm saying?

•••

HumorMe.me
BlogThe.me

vdo
poker.com
vdoslots.com

- sn952

I was not going to respond but I will give you some creative advice...

HumorMe.me - has a few things working against it, ie the obvious me twice but also the spelling alternate of humour in a big part of the English speaking world.

BlogThe.me - Try as I may I could not justify the use of this in any way.

vdopoker.com and vdoslots - I actually did not know you were referring to video until I read your post a second time. Even though vdo has a good ring to it you could basically register the dictionary with vdo in front of the words. Technically the terms does make sense and the domains have a nice ring to them but I'm not sure if you will get any bites. That said, you picked an industry with deep pockets and if I were to register two names with vdo in front then I would probably have picked similar.

Good creativity though (y)

•••
i d o w n l o a d . s o f t w a r e thought it was the next best thing d o w n l o a d . s o f t w a r e is asking 25,000 usd at the registry

•••
c o d e r . s o f t w a r e is another one

•••
I got Darn.Me was thinking of funny mistakes ppl make that are hilarious..like funniest home videos or whatever..

•••
6t9 . Net
no enquiries so far..

•••
I'm not sure I get it? Then again, I don't "catch" on to everything right away, but I'm told i have a pretty good sense of humor....take DoobieDiner.com for example. I've learned a lot of people have never heard of a "Doobie"....i think it's a generational thing?

Thanks for sharing!
Really?O_o I thought everyone would get it right away.:banghead:

•••
Thanks for starting a thread on catchy domain names @ThatNameGuy . Also thanks to everyone who participated with some catchy (and OK I admit a few head scratching to me too) entries.

Of course all of mine are catchy! So you could just look at my full portfolio. :-P

But OK if I were to pick a few, hmmm, good question! Here are a few of my favourites from different extensions.
  • DuckIn.ca (recent acquisition, I thought it was cute, whether duck is a bird or something you do)
  • boarding.fun (could skateboard, snowboard, surf or board a party bus for boarding fun)
  • RobotVisit.com (who doesn't want a robot to visit them? :xf.grin: I also got the visiting robot it's own domain name RobotIs.me)
  • brush.best (what more could a dental hygienist ask for :xf.cool: - many other best are catchy too)
  • Canadian.red (err look at our flag if you don't see why this one is catchy)
  • manufacture.one (maybe not funny catchy, but love how descriptive this is of prototyping)
  • broadcasts.me (or if I decide I just need to stop domain investing, I also have fires.me :-P)
  • smiles.agency (what kind of agency doesn't like smiles? Dental, therapy, education, etc.)
  • GoMona.co (I liked it as a hack for Monaco, but also GoMona makes sense with first name)
  • mystery.monster (most .monster domains are catchy, but this one, well it is mysterious)
  • HappyHelp.net (catchy in a more serious way, this is my favourite .net)
Anyway, I hope everyone's path today in domain investing and in life is a SunnyWay.org (oops did I slip in another catchy one in?). In which case feel free to join the happiness.network. :xf.smile:

Thanks again for the thread! (y)

Bob

PS I am sorry but I don't actually have any domain names that literally have the word catchy. I guess I should drop catchy one! :xf.cool:

•••
I think it is intended as a hack for Blog Theme, and could be used for I guess WP plugins, a blog reference site thematically arranged, or general advice on making blogs for a trainer. I may be wrong, but that is how I read the domain name.

•••
I think it is intended as a hack for Blog Theme, and could be used for I guess WP plugins, a blog reference site thematically arranged, or general advice on making blogs for a trainer. I may be wrong, but that is how I read the domain name.

Ahh, yes now that you mention it I see it

I kept thinking Blog The

•••
I was not going to respond but I will give you some creative advice...

HumorMe.me - has a few things working against it, ie the obvious me twice but also the spelling alternate of humour in a big part of the English speaking world.

vdopoker.com and vdoslots - I actually did not know you were referring to video until I read your post a second time. Even though vdo has a good ring to it you could basically register the dictionary with vdo in front of the words. Technically the terms does make sense and the domains have a nice ring to them but I'm not sure if you will get any bites. That said, you picked an industry with deep pockets and if I were to register two names with vdo in front then I would probably have picked similar.

Good creativity though (y)
I don't disagree with you MapleDots. We all think our names are "catchy" , but just owning a "catchy" name doesn't mean it has any value. You might say Catchy.com is the catchiest, but that's obvious. You're partly responsible for keeping me in this game with your comments about DomainGourmet™:xf.wink: I guess there is a difference between "catchy" and "creative" but not a lot:xf.wink:
Thanks for starting a thread on catchy domain names @ThatNameGuy . Also thanks to everyone who participated with some catchy (and OK I admit a few head scratching to me too) entries.

Of course all of mine are catchy! So you could just look at my full portfolio. :-P

But OK if I were to pick a few, hmmm, good question! Here are a few of my favourites from different extensions.
  • DuckIn.ca (recent acquisition, I thought it was cute, whether duck is a bird or something you do)
  • boarding.fun (could skateboard, snowboard, surf or board a party bus for boarding fun)
  • RobotVisit.com (who doesn't want a robot to visit them? :xf.grin: I also got the visiting robot it's own domain name RobotIs.me)
  • brush.best (what more could a dental hygienist ask for :xf.cool: - many other best are catchy too)
  • Canadian.red (err look at our flag if you don't see why this one is catchy)
  • manufacture.one (maybe not funny catchy, but love how descriptive this is of prototyping)
  • broadcasts.me (or if I decide I just need to stop domain investing, I also have fires.me :-P)
  • smiles.agency (what kind of agency doesn't like smiles? Dental, therapy, education, etc.)
  • GoMona.co (I liked it as a hack for Monaco, but also GoMona makes sense with first name)
  • mystery.monster (most .monster domains are catchy, but this one, well it is mysterious)
  • HappyHelp.net (catchy in a more serious way, this is my favourite .net)
Anyway, I hope everyone's path today in domain investing and in life is a SunnyWay.org (oops did I slip in another catchy one in?). In which case feel free to join the happiness.network. :xf.smile:

Thanks again for the thread! (y)

Bob

PS I am sorry but I don't actually have any domain names that literally have the word catchy. I guess I should drop catchy one! :xf.cool:
Your welcome Bob. Besides LakeCatchy, we also own, Catch321.com (this is the area code for the east coast of Florida), CatchBrands.com, CatchGourmet, DowntheCatch, CatchyDiet, and finally, SavortheCatch. Again, i think the real key is whether of not someone can monetize them. Catch as Catch Can:xf.rolleyes:

•••
Really?O_o I thought everyone would get it right away.:banghead:
Still over my head:xf.rolleyes: Does it read "MYABCXYZ" ? I still don't get...sorry:xf.confused:

•••
•••
BubonicPlague.com
What's so "catchy" about the Bubonic Plague? I now I have to be missing something, did you mean to spell it Boobonic? I just read up on it, and it appears it's till around and it's spread by fleas? Maybe you can get it down at the CornerFlea...one of my "catchy" domains.

Thanks for sharing, but please explain. Thanks

•••
•••
This thread would be imo totally incomplete without my favourite catchy domain name:

huge.one - I mean, who would not like domain name like that? :glasses:

Huge.One.png

•••
Back