IT.COM

discuss What are your "catchiest" domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
I've been spending a little time reviewing the brand Catchy.com who advertises here on NamePros. They're headquartered in France and seem to have a good presentation. They say in their add; "catchy domains for lease"

First off, what's a "catchy domain"? Hell if I know, but I know one when I see one. "Catchy" domains require a sense of humor, something that seems to be lacking in the world today:xf.frown:

I believe I have a few "catchy" domains, two of which I reg'd in the last 48 hours, and neither of which have been registered before.

The first one I registered is; LakeCatchy(.)com. If you don't see the humor here I'm really sorry, but "Lake Catchy" has got to be the best name of any fishing hole in the world.

Moving on, while meeting with some friends earlier, I thought of a flea market as I rounded a corner headed for home. So what should POP into my pea brain, but CornerFlea.com. I don't know if you have flea markets where you are, but could you imagine a national chain of "Corner Flea" markets selling things from all over the world? Can anyone even begin to imagine how that might be accomplished? They could even sell fresh fish from Lake Catchy that are shipped overnight to a corner near you:xf.grin:

Do you have any "Catchy" domains? Share them with us and the story behind them. Thanks(y)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We've got:

upload_2019-10-3_22-37-6.png

•••
•••
About 20 years worth..........
ChemoCure
GarageToGo
LoanOK! (Exclamation implied)
DriveHomeToday (held several years and then sold)
iRubberstamp (do you? i don’t)
MickeyRat (does donald goose know him?
SixoclockNews
Stickermaker
UQualify
AskThePresident (where to begin!)
PoodleCats (talk about a mutt!)
BrewBeans
BugList
CanineCondo (dawgs gotta live somewhere)
DressRight ( or don’t)
FixAutos
NetLoss (some months domaining!)

•••
Yes, that's what I meant by you inspired me :)

As to Eye Guess... well Eye Guess it would be good for an eye doctor and an eye exam. For example...

Don't Guess With Your Eyes, Visit Dr Who And Be Sure What You See Is What You Get!

Also, there could ALWAYS be a remake of the old 1966 game show and well Eye Guess it would be perfect for it :)

Regarding typos since I'm also Canadian, I got a bit silly and picked up...

Canardian dot com
Canadens dot com
Canadans dot com

For me right now all hand regs are experiments as I get back into the domain game after being off for awhile.

I also have a strategy which I'll disclose soon.

Btw, I've made some really good money in the past with typos but that is probably no longer the case.
Ahhh...i see you're not a domain prodigy:xf.smile: In my two short years doing this, I've discovered Canadians are smarter than the "average" bear. No wonder I like Canada so much and 95% of it's citizens. There are a few hold outs however, who act like the "average" American.

An interesting factoid, I just officially TM'd a "catchy" name for a new sport similar to golf via the USPTO here in the states, but I'm wondering now if I should apply for a Canadian TM for the same? Are you familiar with Canadian TM laws? If I can't do it for less than $500 I won't bother, but I should at least look into it. Thanks Brad, and all the best to you, and I'm looking forward to hearing about your "new strategy"

•••
LifeSad.com

Im sad at that time, i type sad in domain generator and then found that domain available for hand reg. Then i buy it, lol.

•••
BitCatchy.com is my catchiest domain currently for sale at Squadhelp.

•••
•••
ENZNI.com

According to Phonetics
Words with repeated pattern is not just highly catchy but also hard to forget.

Z is a powerful letter in a word.

Majority of brands have 2 syllabus in their brand name

E, N, I are very popular letters

And last but not the least

Since enzni is a custom created word, there is no chance of brand name duplication .

Enzni . Com is unbeatable

•••
Ahhh...i see you're not a domain prodigy:xf.smile: In my two short years doing this, I've discovered Canadians are smarter than the "average" bear. No wonder I like Canada so much and 95% of it's citizens. There are a few hold outs however, who act like the "average" American.

An interesting factoid, I just officially TM'd a "catchy" name for a new sport similar to golf via the USPTO here in the states, but I'm wondering now if I should apply for a Canadian TM for the same? Are you familiar with Canadian TM laws? If I can't do it for less than $500 I won't bother, but I should at least look into it. Thanks Brad, and all the best to you, and I'm looking forward to hearing about your "new strategy"
I maybe Canadian but I've been living in the US for the last 43 years so I know nothing about Canadian TMs, sorry.

•••
•••
•••
Here are a few more (all dot com) ...

Holo/daze - I love the double+ meaning of this one .. Dazed on a Holographic Holiday/Holodaze
Grab The Bull - (by the horns) .. aka ..Take action
I Dont Give A Rats Ass - Don't take action
Its Your Thyme - Fun food related play on words
Moron Manual - Alternate to the "For Dummies" books
Pykup - Dating
Screw The Odds - Longshot betting
Spank/fire - I just laughed too hard when I saw it!
The Goose Is Loose - Older saying

CanineCondo
Nice brand for doghouses .. Steamie wants one! :)

So a buddy of mines restaurant in VB is next door to the coolest Vinyl Record store on planet earth. Go to VinylDazeRecords(.)com to see it.
Sigh .. I've got about 40 crates of mostly late 80's and 90's dance music that I haven't touched in nearly 20 years! Too bad your friend was so far .. I see he buys vinyl .. probably not my kind of stuff though. Can't say he's got a good brand though .. I take it that wasn't one of the ones you advised?

As far as your "catchy" names, I only see one I like, and that's GameOfInches.com....life is a Game Of Inches, but sports, especially football is where this domain/name deserves to be. I have some ideas how I would monetize it, but I refuse to share it with the NP Cabal:xf.wink: So it took four people to replace you, did it? That's really catchy!
If you can't see potential in any of the other names, then you're slipping .. you usually see potential in significantly worse domains .. some of mine should be easy .. I have soooo many more better ones .. but those are some of the more fun ones.

BTW .. I'm pretty sure I saw TheCabal.com pass through on the expiration stream a few days ago. I suppose I should have picked it up! lol

No wonder I like Canada so much and 95% of it's citizens. There are a few hold outs however, who act like the "average" American.
I guess I should feel proud about being part of the exclusive 5%? Part of the "Canadian Cabal" .. now there's a good sounding brand for you (available at HandReg)! lol

•••
•••
I've been spending a little time reviewing the brand Catchy.com who advertises here on NamePros. They're headquartered in France and seem to have a good presentation. They say in their add; "catchy domains for lease"

First off, what's a "catchy domain"? Hell if I know, but I know one when I see one. "Catchy" domains require a sense of humor, something that seems to be lacking in the world today:xf.frown:

I believe I have a few "catchy" domains, two of which I reg'd in the last 48 hours, and neither of which have been registered before.

The first one I registered is; LakeCatchy(.)com. If you don't see the humor here I'm really sorry, but "Lake Catchy" has got to be the best name of any fishing hole in the world.

Moving on, while meeting with some friends earlier, I thought of a flea market as I rounded a corner headed for home. So what should POP into my pea brain, but CornerFlea.com. I don't know if you have flea markets where you are, but could you imagine a national chain of "Corner Flea" markets selling things from all over the world? Can anyone even begin to imagine how that might be accomplished? They could even sell fresh fish from Lake Catchy that are shipped overnight to a corner near you:xf.grin:

Do you have any "Catchy" domains? Share them with us and the story behind them. Thanks(y)

The problem with Catchy is that they are missing the opportunity their name presents and are only interested in expensive LLLL.com domain names.

A completely wasted opportunity for that name imho.

•••
•••
Shaarks.com
Sivler.com
Hickleberry.com
Raffing.com (ROTFL ing)
Writtenly.com
Furry.Monster
Druidical.com
Xpertica.com
Apolllo.com
iGame247.com
QuickRedeem.com
BuddyRead.com
reLOL.com
Sweaterly.com
Cosmetism.com
Vitamika.com
diktionery.com (7M+)
Noveldom.com
....and many more. I'm going out to the swings with my kid. seeya!!!

2019-10-05 14.19.34-43.png

•••
•••
My favourite is definitely SockGobbler.com

•••
My latest hand reg.

cannedbrews.com

spikedcider.com

wineseltzers.com

spikedspritzers.com

•••
•••
ALL dot com domains. Let me know if anybody likes it.

thekeyhub
drivingwealth
anatomyrocks
crystalhour
coolscrapsdigital
yehaw
fitgp
I sure like yehaw.com as a "catchy" domain. I would think a fun country/western group might want to use it, or even a tech company from Texas....Yehaw Technologies, Yehaw Digital, Yehaw Scientific etc. It's very brandable, and it's every bit as good as "Yahoo" imho, and I see where it's for sale at Brand Bucket for a mere $2,795. Good luck!

•••
•••
xtpe.com for ”extreme performance”.

Last edited:
•••
xtpe.com for ”extreme performance”.
Unfortunately i'd have never guessed what it meant if you hadn't explained it. Maybe someone else gets it?

•••
Holo/daze - I love the double+ meaning of this one .. Dazed on a Holographic Holiday/Holodaze
Grab The Bull - (by the horns) .. aka ..Take action
I Dont Give A Rats Ass - Don't take action
Its Your Thyme - Fun food related play on words
Moron Manual - Alternate to the "For Dummies" books
Pykup - Dating
Screw The Odds - Longshot betting
Spank/fire - I just laughed too hard when I saw it!
The Goose Is Loose - Older saying

Nice brand for doghouses .. Steame wants one! :)

Sigh .. I've got about 40 crates of mostly late 80's and 90's dance music that I haven't touched in nearly 20 years! Too bad your friend was so far .. I see he buys vinyl .. probably not my kind of stuff though. Can't say he's got a good brand though .. I take it that wasn't one of the ones you advised?

If you can't see potential in any of the other names, then you're slipping .. you usually see potential in significantly worse domains .. some of mine should be easy .. I have soooo many more better ones .. but those are some of the more fun ones.

BTW .. I'm pretty sure I saw TheCabal.com pass through on the expiration stream a few days ago. I suppose I should have picked it up! lol

I guess I should feel proud about being part of the exclusive 5%? Part of the "Canadian Cabal" .. now there's a good sounding brand for you (available at HandReg)

"If you can't see potential in any of the other names, then you're slipping .. you usually see potential in significantly worse domains .. some of mine should be easy .. I have soooo many more better ones .. but those are some of the more fun ones."

Too funny...beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Ateguy, it really pays to be a renaissance guy:xf.wink: I'm sure this is over your head, but to go with LakeCatchy, I also own the domain BetheBait.com that compliments BetheTiger:xf.smile:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back