IT.COM

new gtlds What are your '.best' domain names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Most Bay

Bruneis.comTop Member
Impact
Hi All,
We know, one registrant has launch great discount for registering new '.best' (dot best).
My knowledge is very limited about this extension. But I have tried to register some new names. Such as:

cap.best
bat.best
ham.best
dew.best
nap.best
tan.best
yap.best
night.best
morning.best

So What are yours?
And, Anyone can help me (or us) to explain how about the future prospects of this extension (dot best) for global market?

Thank you...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
New in .best portfolio: sales.best

Buy.best and Car.best didn't sold
House.best not sure

•••
•••
I also noticed that if I would renew some of my .best names now, which I regged for 1 or 2$, now have premium renew price of around 82$....

•••
I also noticed that if I would renew some of my .best names now, which I regged for 1 or 2$, now have premium renew price of around 82$....

.best $17.79 On NameSilo and Dynadot

•••
.best $17.79 On NameSilo and Dynadot

Yes, I checked it out, but same around 82$ for some premium keywords, not all, but regged these before for just 1,2,3$.

•••
Not all registered .best names will have standard renew price of around 15$-17$, check out your portfolios..

•••
@Cyril.Best : so the registry has switched to premium some.best domain names that had been registered at standard rates? It would appear so. To my knowledge this has very, very rarely been done with continuously registered domains in other TLDs and makes domainer investments in the extension difficult since future renewals are uncertain. Also it means that information to be given to potential purchasers could be misleading. Please respond and I hope that you will assure us that this is some error and not in fact the case.
Thank you,
Bob

•••
Reg them without fanatism...
Because at least 90% of them you will drop next year due to lack of aftermarket/demand.

•••
No any real support from GoDaddy and even their regfee is $30.17...

Last edited:
•••
You can check the final retail prices with our registrars on dynadot, ovh, namecheap, namesilo, ...
Those registrars have no any impact on most endusers.
Only GoDaddy matters, unfortunately.

Last edited:
•••
@Cyril.Best : so the registry has switched to premium some.best domain names that had been registered at standard rates? It would appear so. To my knowledge this has very, very rarely been done with continuously registered domains in other TLDs and makes domainer investments in the extension difficult since future renewals are uncertain. Also it means that information to be given to potential purchasers could be misleading. Please respond and I hope that you will assure us that this is some error and not in fact the case.
Thank you,
Bob

If they have bumped already registered .best domains from standard renewals into a premium category that is really shady. It is a classic case of bait & switch if true.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Current stats (comparable TLDs):
.best ~31K domains
.one ~70K (and they are NOT easy to sell)

•••
If they have bumped already registered .best domains from standard renewals into a premium category that is really shady. It is a classic case of bait & switch if true.
Brad
Thanks for your support, @bmugford.

I am hoping that Cyril will respond (it has only been a few hours) but it certainly seems to be true. I hand registered one just days ago at standard discounted rate. It now, if looking at renewals at places like MrDomain that how it even for already registered names, is designated premium with a renewal rate of more than $100 USD (vs the standard of about $18). Another domain I bought from a domainer just a few days ago, but that was a fresh registration (a registrar marketplace purchase so the 60 day lock did not apply) is now listed with a premium status and a renewal of roughly $700 per year, which of course makes it virtually unsellable even though it is a nice name.

I have checked so far about 15 other names, and many even short and good, are still at standard renewal rates, but there are at least two others in my portfolio now designated premium and with high (multi hundreds of dollars) renewal rates.

I hope this is some mixup and @Cyril.Best will clarify or reverse, but if true it is completely unfair in my opinion. I would never have purchased these domain names at those renewals. No end user will, I think, buy domains with this registry if they hear that currently registered domain names can change their status in a major way.

I understand that new extension registry operation is financially challenging. I would not be opposed to a registry reclassifying domain names that have dropped and are being resold, because the buyer will know the status. However, we should not allow registries to get away with changing standard/premium status on continuously registered domain names.

I have a couple of hundred new extensions in my portfolio of 500, and have held different ones in the past, and this has never happened to me with any other registry or name.

Please @Cyril.Best tell us this is some mistake.

Please note it is possible this had not happened. One of my names held at Namecheap seems to let me renew at standard even though MrDomain has it clearly indicated as premium. We definitely need clarification, but let's not over react until we know for sure.

Bob

Last edited:
•••

DM me

•••
First, sorry to be late on the answer coz I was not on NP and not aware about this issue.

So now, let me tell you what we have done and how I can help you to fix it if there is any issue with your .Best domains.

First, as announced on 5th Feb 2019, we have down the standard registration pricing on all new registration from $70 wholesale to $15 for all our registrars on 5th August 2019.

Secondly, we have also down the renewal price for all standard domains registered from 5th Feb 2019 = Date where we announced our price change and also start promotion at $1 or $2 wholesale with our registrars.

Means that ALL STANDARD DOMAINS registered at $1 or $2 from 5th Feb 2019 should be now at $15 wholesale renewal pricing.

If it's not the case and an issue happened during the price transition with some of your .Best domains, please email me directly with the list of domains that you have registered at $1 or $2 and you have a renewal pricing problems with and I will personally look at it and make the necessary price correction : [email protected]

What you have to know also is that all domains that was registered before 5th Feb 2019 (=before our price change announcement) was all registered or renew at the regular price of $70 since many years and so all those domains will remain at $70 wholesale in a specific premium category that was created only for those names. (=mainly only few names that was registered before our acquisition)

Please let me know directly if any issue happened during the price transition and I will personally fix it with our backend registry.

PS : I want you also to know that on the renewals, we are also actually working on a specific renewal promotion for domainers (2for3). This promotion will be live before end of this year and will enable domainers to renew 3 years for 2 years in advance to lower their renewal price. I will let you know more about this in the next weeks.

Don't hesitate if you see any other issue and I will personally fix them.

Sorry again for any confusion and thanks for your patience.

All the .best

Cyril

Last edited:
•••
Opportunity.Best Registrar your .Best Domain Go Best Be Best

•••
Server.Best is Near renewal , Worth renewal or should i let it expire ?

•••
•••
Thank you for the prompt and detailed answer @Cyril.Best and for your offer that people can approach you individually with any errors that there are.
Means that ALL STANDARD DOMAINS registered at $1 or $2 from 5th Feb 2019 should be now at $15 wholesale renewal pricing.
This may seem like I am saying the same thing, but just to be totally clear, is my statement below correct?
A .best domain name with a registration date after Feb 5, and that it was registered at the standard discounted rate of a few dollars retail, should not now be designated premium and should have the standard renewal rate.

It is the use of the word standard in your statement. I understand some names are sold at premium and carry premium renewal rates. I now understand that some legacy registration carry their $70 renewal. What I am not clear on is whether a domain we could recently register as standard can have that designation changed before it expires.

Thank you once more for being acting on NamePros. We are so fortunate that a number of domain industry representatives and leaders are active on NamePros and available to clarify and assist with issues.

Thank you.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Just Go and Renew it only $17
This is Good Keyword Domain
It is $70+.
No any changes in fees for all .best regs prior Feb'5 2019, like this server.

•••
Thank you for the prompt and detailed answer @Cyril.Best and for your offer that people can approach you individually with any errors that there are.

This may seem like I am saying the same thing, but just to be totally clear, is my statement below correct?
A .best domain name with a registration date after Feb 5, and that it was registered at the standard discounted rate of a few dollars retail, should not now be designated premium and should have the standard renewal rate.

It is the use of the word standard in your statement. I understand some names are sold at premium and carry premium renewal rates. I now understand that some legacy registration carry their $70 renewal. What I am not clear on is whether a domain we could recently register as standard can have that designation changed before it expires.

Thank you once more for being acting on NamePros. We are so fortunate that a number of domain industry representatives and leaders are active on NamePros and available to clarify and assist with issues.

Thank you.

Bob

Thanks Bob,

"A .best standard domain name with a registration date after Feb 5, and was registered at the standard discounted rate of a few dollars retail, should not now be designated premium and should have the standard renewal rate." : 100% correct !

So if you have domains with a registration date after Feb 5, it should show a standard wholesale renewal price of $15.

= Means $15 + a few $ for you as the final retail price at your preferred registrar.

If it's not the case for some of your domains, it's an error (shit can have happened during the price transition) but don't worry email me directly your list of names, dates of registration + registrar name and I will make the necessary correction with our backend as soon as possible so that that you can renew them at the standard registration price.

Now, to answer your question on the status of a domain:

"Why a domain registered as standard can have that designation changed before it expires ?"

First, don't mix the status of a domain and the price of a domain. These 2 things are not necessarily correlated.

It's not because a domain has a premium status that it is necessary more expensive.

Premium just means that the domain is now identified and part of a special category.

We are allowed to change the status of a domain because we DID NOT AND WILL NOT increase the price of any registered domain.

Once again WE DID NOT and WILL NOT !

I mean all the domains that was put in this premium category at $70 were all domains sold before our price change notification to registrars and even acquisition of the .Best.

This means that those domains were sold and renew at $70 wholesale for many years already and will continue to be renewed at $70 the same. The only change for those domains is their status category NOT price.

Now, to be 100% transparent, this is due to the fact that we made the acquisition of the .Best in 2018 with domains that were already sold and renewed by registrars at $70 wholesale during many years before our acquisition.

So, we had no real choice according to our registrar relationship to keep the domains sold before our acquisition or price change notification, at the same price.

But "Only" almost 3K domains are concerned by this change of status and once again NOT price.

No single registered domain has its renewal price increase during the pricing transition.

I hope it's now more clear for everybody and sorry again for any confusion our price transition could have caused.

Don't hesitate to email me ([email protected]) for any pricing correction on domains or errors that could happen (I know that shit can happen in that kind of technical transition).

All the .Best

Cyril

•••
It is $70+.
No any changes in fees for all .best regs prior Feb'5 2019, like this server.

xeb3yKT.png

0tse3p8.png

qAYHvyu.png

Last Option is DM and Buy From me Premium Domain in WholeSale Price

•••
I have some relatively old .best domains...
Their renewal/transfer fee is $70+... as it always was before.
I just rechecked.

All those promos and new renewal/transfer fees are applicable ONLY for domains with regdate Feb'5 2019 and ahead...

•••
I have some relatively old .best domains...
Their renewal/transfer fee is $70+... as it always was before.
I just rechecked.

All those promos and new renewal/transfer fees are applicable ONLY for domains with regdate Feb'5 2019 and ahead...

Exactly Jurgen - ONLY for domains with regdate Feb'5 2019 and ahead...

If you of other domainers have a lot of old .Best domains that will renew at $70, (It should not be the case as only 3K domains are concerned), but if it's the case for you, please email me your list of domains, regdates and registrar name and I will see if I can help you to get a promo code with your registrar.

PS : a lot means more than just 2/3 domains ;) as I need arguments to convince your registrar ;)

All the .Best

Cyril

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back