Dynadot

What are you grateful for?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

wcpthree

Established Member
Impact
In a response to the "we make America great again" thread. I would like to read responses from anybody, from any walk of life-American, non-American, tall, short, of any religion, etc., share what you appreciate in life and are thankful for. It can be simple or complex. Multiple answers are fine. Please chime in. Let's get some positivity going!

3 things I appreciate are the ability to have "free will", my family/friends, and cheeseburgers (seriously)

Life is tough
What about you?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
** I appreciate the strength my Mom has and the fact that all of her Drs have underestimated her will to keep going.
** I appreciate that no matter how far my family drifts apart it only takes 1 phone call to bring them back together without question.
** I appreciate the hard times I have had that ultimately molded me into what I am today. Its not much but I am proud of it.
** Finally, I appreciate the man who invented duct tape...

•••
** I appreciate the strength my Mom has and the fact that all of her Drs have underestimated her will to keep going.
** I appreciate that no matter how far my family drifts apart it only takes 1 phone call to bring them back together without question.
** I appreciate the hard times I have had that ultimately molded me into what I am today. Its not much but I am proud of it.

Very nice...

•••
Great Thread!

(1) As a veteran, I appreciate free education. Not only does the VA offer the GI bill for 36 months of education, the VA has programs to pay for additional schooling when needed. The US also recently passed a bill that would allow all US veterans in-state tuition to any state school across the country. Given that I've lived in more states than most have traveled, I find it hard to answer exactly where home is. Sometimes I respond with a simple, America.

(2) That beyond conspiracies, and politics, we are all Americans united. My father, a catholic republican, is still proud of his son, who doesn't share his core values. Perhaps, it should have been beaten into me, but the catholic school teachers I went to weren't allowed to beat us with rulers. I am friends with peoples of all shapes, sizes, colors, ages, and opinions. It is our right to enter the bond of friendship or not. I respect the ability to look past ones differences and appreciate those for who they really are.

(3) America as a whole. I've hitch hitched coast to coast twice. I've taken craigslist rideshare's across the country. I've even given hitch hikers cross country rides. America is huge. Each part of the country is different. Different population, different landscapes, different foods, different everything! Americans accept foreign travelers, and travelers of their own kind. Granted, not every American has a pure heart. Many don't pick up hitch hikers for said pure hearted reasons. Some are connected enough to want to share their day, by helping out a fellow traveler by way of a free ride, and sometimes free food.

•••
Great Thread!

(1) As a veteran, I appreciate free education. Not only does the VA offer the GI bill for 36 months of education, the VA has programs to pay for additional schooling when needed. The US also recently passed a bill that would allow all US veterans in-state tuition to any state school across the country. Given that I've lived in more states than most have traveled, I find it hard to answer exactly where home is. Sometimes I respond with a simple, America.

(2) That beyond conspiracies, and politics, we are all Americans united. My father, a catholic republican, is still proud of his son, who doesn't share his core values. Perhaps, it should have been beaten into me, but the catholic school teachers I went to weren't allowed to beat us with rulers. I am friends with peoples of all shapes, sizes, colors, ages, and opinions. It is our right to enter the bond of friendship or not. I respect the ability to look past ones differences and appreciate those for who they really are.

(3) America as a whole. I've hitch hitched coast to coast twice. I've taken craigslist rideshare's across the country. I've even given hitch hikers cross country rides. America is huge. Each part of the country is different. Different population, different landscapes, different foods, different everything! Americans accept foreign travelers, and travelers of their own kind. Granted, not every American has a pure heart. Many don't pick up hitch hikers for said pure hearted reasons. Some are connected enough to want to share their day, by helping out a fellow traveler by way of a free ride, and sometimes free food.
Very nice contribution! Thank you for your service!

•••
I am grateful first of all to be alive and Thank God each day that I wake up.

I am grateful for my family because they always come first no matter what.

I am grateful to be in good health and to be content with what I have.
I am grateful for the opportunities and some peace of mind I see around me,realizing that some many out there are passing through worst moments in war-torn countries with no peace of mind and good health.I pray for them and hope the innocents are safe and protected.

I appreciate the good friends I have come (Hey @Tank !) across through work and the internet and the knowledge that has helped to impact my growth.

I am grateful for so many other things and it would take a lot of years to say them all.

Finally,I appreciate to not take people too seriously because I don't know them too well and they don't know me personally.

•••
I am grateful for my lovely daughter, and all the rest of my wonderful family.

I am also grateful for this beautiful thing "internet" that I think we are starting to take for granted.

Ooow and ........ Namepros; of course! :)

•••
•••
•••
+

= Trailer Park Boys "How to make the perfect CheeseBurger"

:D
I hate to admit I'm addicted to that show... Bubbles' shopping cart racket kills me!

•••
I hate to admit I'm addicted to that show... Bubbles' shopping cart racket kills me!

Me too! If I wasn't on an America kick, I would have added I'm thankful for (4) Trailer Park Boys

•••
@Grilled, I thoroughly enjoyed that video!

•••
Me too! If I wasn't on an America kick, I would have added I'm thankful for (4) Trailer Park Boys

Lol. They are coming to Charleston in June, tix are $130....

•••
•••

@Tank - More power and strength to your mom! Thank you for sharing. The appreciation of others before oneself is very humbling, even if it's the appreciation of family. Sometimes we have to be reminded of our healthy family so we can appreciate them in both their good and bad times.

Would you believe me if I told you I've worn duck taped glasses for over a year? Ask anyone from NamesCon if they remember the volunteer who wore duck tape glasses B-)

•••
Great thread!!! Positivity attracts positivity. It is helpful to write down what you are grateful for everyday in a gratitude journal. It helps you stay focused on what is important and in a good frame of mind. I keep a rock next to my computer with the word gratitude etched in it.

I was run down by a car when I was eight years old while I was on the sidewalk. I woke up two days later in the hospital. The doctors told my parents that I would either die or be in a permanent vegetative state of severe brain damage if I lived. They stuck needles with wires attached to a machine into my head and left arm several times over the course of a year to test me. A no parking sign had split my skull open because the car had hit it before me. The humerus bone in my left arm was broken and the ulnar nerve was completed severed. That left me with a partially clawed hand.

I am so thankful that the doctor who founded "micro surgery" lived close by and operated on me. I was such a "medical miracle" that my hospital room was often filled with doctors from all over the world. I had several years of physical therapy and eventually got my fingers straightened out. Every time I see a poor soul with a claw hand, I count my lucky stars!

That "no parking" sign that split my skull open actually saved my life because it also knocked me down right before the car smashed into the brick wall right behind me. I would have been meat sauce if it had not been there to knock me down and let the car slide over it into the wall. I'm also glad I have such a hard head! :rolleyes:

•••
Great thread!!! Positivity attracts positivity. It is helpful to write down what you are grateful for everyday in a gratitude journal. It helps you stay focused on what is important and in a good frame of mind. I keep a rock next to my computer with the word gratitude etched in it.

I was run down by a car when I was eight years old while I was on the sidewalk. I woke up two days later in the hospital. The doctors told my parents that I would either die or be in a permanent vegetative state of severe brain damage if I lived. They stuck needles with wires attached to a machine into my head and left arm several times over the course of a year to test me. A no parking sign had split my skull open because the car had hit it before me. The humerus bone in my left arm was broken and the ulnar nerve was completed severed. That left me with a partially clawed hand.

I am so thankful that the doctor who founded "micro surgery" lived close by and operated on me. I was such a "medical miracle" that my hospital room was often filled with doctors from all over the world. I had several years of physical therapy and eventually got my fingers straightened out. Every time I see a poor soul with a claw hand, I count my lucky stars!

That "no parking" sign that split my skull open actually saved my life because it also knocked me down right before the car smashed into the brick wall right behind me. I would have been meat sauce if it had not been there to knock me down and let the car slide over it into the wall. I'm also glad I have such a hard head! :rolleyes:
Excuse my language NamePros, but you sir, are fucking Awesome!

•••
I was born in Tehran, Iran in 1983.

I'm grateful for every waking breath I'm blessed to be able to take.

•••
I was born in Tehran, Iran in 1983.

I'm grateful for every waking breath I'm blessed to be able to take.
I had no idea you were Iranian.... I almost married an Iranian girl... I know about the Gormes Absy (spelling it wrong, I know)...I even know some Farsi. Ya know, my man, everything we are grateful for, is because we were exposed to the opposite, or have fear of it.......

•••
Baker Burton & Lundy ( Norman Coe )

•••
Little Company of Mary ( Torrance LA )

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back