IT.COM

What about gifting a domain to friends?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ikhub

Top Member
Impact
Who haven't gifted something or been gifted something in life by friends, family and near ones? What about gifting a domain, did you any? Would like to hear stories of gifting a domain or receiving a domain as a gift from someone.

To start with, I found this expired n available one and took it to gift a sincere friend of mine.

Plsk8eC.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well I don't know the implications of gifting a domain to a friend but one thing is sure and that is you won't be taxed for that money as no transaction took place :xf.grin:

•••
I personally don't know anyone in real life who would want a domain name. But I think it would definitely be a good gift to someone who sees value in domains and the domain you gift has value to them, at least personally. Just buy it, tell them to open an account at your registrar and push it to them.

Last edited:
•••
I gifted my nieces name in dot com when she was born. Bought it at reg fee over a decade ago and can't think of a better use for it!

I renewed it for 10 years to save her parents the initial hassle of renewals and keeping my fingers crossed they don't accidentally drop it in the future :)

•••
I offered domain names to friends so they can have their own E-mail etc but they are just not interested. Sadly.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back